What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Song Thu Shipyard, here with DN-2000 class patrol vessel. 2,500 tons full load. the yard is said will produce the next generation of patrol vessels DN-4000 class. appr about 4,500 tons full load. with design and technical assistance of Damen company (Netherlands).

Second+DN-2000+Vessel+of+Vietnamese+Coast+Guard+will+be+Launch+in+November+2014.JPG

dn-2000-image02.jpg

dn-2000-image03.jpg

Last edited:
nearly 60,000 US servicemen died during the Vietnam war, and one women: Sharon Lane, a military nurse.

Saluting the legacy of Sharon Lane, a nurse killed in Vietnam | cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Today, Sharon Lane would have been 72 if she hadn't been killed during a rocket barrage that hit the Army's 312th Evacuation Hospital in Chu Lai, Vietnam, in 1969.

-e189a211cbefccac.jpg

By Brian Albrecht, The Plain Dealer
Follow on Twitter
on July 07, 2015 at 7:30 AM, updated July 08, 2015 at 7:42 AM

If people remember Lane, it may be as the only military nurse slain as a direct result of enemy fire in that war. But there are others who remember a more life-affirming legacy of this 1961 Canton South High School graduate who became a nurse, an Army officer and an example for those who followed her in both careers.

Growing up, "she was always caring for someone or something," her mother, Kay Lane, once told a newspaper reporter. "She always had a cat or dog or some animal that she was taking care of."

So it probably wasn't surprising that she attended the Aultman School of Nursing in Canton after high school. In 1968, she joined the U.S. Army Nurse Corps Reserves.

Philip Bigler, author of the 1996 book "Hostile Fire: The Life and Death of First Lieutenant Sharon Lane," wrote that the appeal of possible travel and work at different military posts might have drawn her to the service.

After her training and a stint at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Denver, Colorado, Lane volunteered for nursing duty in Vietnam. Some 11,000 American women were stationed in Vietnam during the war, most serving as military nurses. Eight died, from various causes.

In a letter that Lane wrote, cited in Bigler's book, she said, "There, at least, you are busy 12 hours a day, six or seven days a week, and you learn everything."

And she did, as Lane noted in letters home that described her long days of work after arriving at the 312th Evacuation Hospital in April, 1969. She wound up assigned to hospital wards that treated war-injured and ill Vietnamese, sometimes including captured enemy soldiers, but mostly women and children.

She became well aware of the risks of nursing in a combat zone, including rocket and mortar attacks on the American base where the hospital was located.

In a letter home, cited in Bigler's book, Lane said that during one barrage, "We got all of the patients under the beds that we could and put mattresses over the ones in traction, etc. Very interesting place but hardly anyone here is scared. It is just like part of the job."

That part of the job tragically caught up with her on June 8, 1969, just as her night shift was ending. A 122mm rocket slammed into the ward at sunrise, killing Lane and a 12-year-old Vietnamese girl. They suffered shrapnel wounds to the neck. The rocket injured 27 others.

In her last letter home, four days before her death, Lane noted, "Still very quiet around here. Haven't gotten mortared for (a) couple of weeks now."

Lane was buried at Sunset Hills Cemetery in Canton and posthumously awarded the Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Vietnam Service Medal, National Defense Medal, and Vietnamese Gallantry Cross. She was subsequently inducted in the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame and awarded the Ohio Medal of Valor.

If Vietnam could import weapons from China (except Nuke & DF ballistic missile) ... with curren Vietnam military expenditure each year, what u conside to purchase from China Armory ? Any interest, pls purchasing list ! :-)

If Vietnam could import weapons from China (except Nuke & DF ballistic missile) ... with curren Vietnam military expenditure each year, what u conside to purchase from China Armory ? Any interest, pls purchasing list ! :-)
that is an unrealistic scenario considering the tension between the two countries right now. that must be solved before any cooperation or purchase of arms to happen.

that is an unrealistic scenario considering the tension between the two countries right now. that must be solved before any cooperation or purchase of arms to happen.
I didn't see what tension between both nations, border trades continue & still import 'Made in China', still watching Chinese entertainment & TV shows, Chinese novels still popular in Vietnam ... where's the tension right now ? Only in SCS water. When there's no any Chinese appeare on Vietnamese TV screen, that's a tension. :D

Last edited:
I didn't see what tension between both nations, border trades continue & still import 'Made in China', still watching Chinese entertainment & TV shows, Chinese novels still popular in Vietnam ... where's the tension right now ? Only in SCS water.
you appears looking through a rose colored glass. yes, most importantly political tension, 9 dash line in the south china sea. even if both countries can solve the sea crisis somehow in the future, it would be just a small step before solving another deep crisis: the centuries old distrust between vietnam and china.

as long as the political tension exists, we will continue working on our defence and military prowess.

Arup Raha, India´s Airforce Chief, Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee comes to a 3-day visit to Hanoi on September 10, 2015. looking for ways strengthen both countries airforces.
fB6DNClt.jpg

General Surapun Wongthai of Thai Royal Armed Forces on a visit to Vietnam army headquarter. Sept 11. I believe since the Thai army took over the power in the country, our relation to the siamese has seen a lot of improvement.
quoc-phong-viet-namquan-doi-viet-thai-tang-cuong-hop-tac-nghien-cuu-chien-luoc-bb-baaacAQMKx.jpg

Special Policewomen, with Heckler & Koch Rifles

suc-manh-sung-tieu-lien-mp5a3-cua-dac-nhiem-viet-nam_422347.jpg

suc-manh-sung-tieu-lien-mp5a3-cua-dac-nhiem-viet-nam_42234145.jpg

suc-manh-sung-tieu-lien-mp5a3-cua-dac-nhiem-viet-nam_42235327.jpg

suc-manh-sung-tieu-lien-mp5a3-cua-dac-nhiem-viet-nam_42235249.jpg

Pointless to post stuffs on this forum. Vietnamese members got banned most of. Now this forum flooding with Chinese propagandas news,get out of here before you being brainwashed by them.

Pointless to post stuffs on this forum. Vietnamese members got banned most of. Now this forum flooding with Chinese propagandas news,get out of here before you being brainwashed by them.
will it alter anything if I leave this forum? will chinese clowns improve their behavior? will they stop calling us monkeys?

I´afraid not. actually I really don´t care of what and how many how much lies propaganda and bullshit chinese posters do here on pdf, as long as they don´t attack vietnam and our people. they can masturbate day and night. yes, you´re right. pointless to discuss to some chinese zombies, who only know to say monkey, OA and banana. their alphabets seem very limited, so their mindset. No. as I said to yoro once as he paused here a while, backing down is not our national character. I want to hit them back. Don´t care if the mod bans me or not. he is biased. sure, too many times I´m tired. I especially contribute this VN military thread because it is one of my fields of interest. improving my english. I rarely go to other sections. Don´t worry about me too much of being brainwashed. either way I´m too busy right now with many daily things, I may stop for a while.

the germans would say in such situation: "so oder so".

Last edited:

I know BoQ77 was permanently banned from the China and far east forum, he told me so in a private message. What's the deal with nice guy? I've heard that he was banned also, permanently? I'm getting tired of this chinese infested forum, not worth it to spend much time here.

I know BoQ77 was permanently banned from the China and far east forum, he told me so in a private message. What's the deal with nice guy? I've heard that he was banned also, permanently? I'm getting tired of this chinese infested forum, not worth it to spend much time here.

I heard @BoQ77 will be able to join again in few weeks, not so sure, Niceguy got banned, sure with that

You are being delusional, your presence here does not change anything at all. Your replies to the Chinese trolls are usually dumb and are an embarrasment rather than doing any good. Just like the Chinese guy on top who was trolling, but you couldnt even realized that he was just trolling and still gave him serious replies (and pretend like you're some kind of diplomats). I never wanted to say all of that but Im now saying it anyway because the admins are beginning to permanently ban Vietnamese members one by one in a biased way, so I am leaving this forum too.

My last advice to you: stop acting like a delusional little kid imagining you are some kind of hero here handling the Chinese trolls and that you are not “backing down” or some other BS. Most of your replies to the trolls are dumb and embarrassing, period. So just do what all the smart people have done, just leave this forum permanently. I am leaving this forum too.

haha Yoro, good luck with your study then, do you have gmail, maybe we will have some discussion:cheers::cheers::cheers: or will send you some good article:partay::partay::partay:

will it alter anything if I leave this forum? will chinese clowns improve their behavior? will they stop calling us monkeys?

I´afraid not. actually I really don´t care of what and how many how much lies propaganda and bullshit chinese posters do here on pdf, as long as they don´t attack vietnam and our people. they can masturbate day and night. yes, you´re right. pointless to discuss to some chinese zombies, who only know to say monkey, OA and banana. their alphabets seem very limited, so their mindset. No. as I said to yoro once as he paused here a while, backing down is not our national character. I want to hit them back. Don´t care if the mod bans me or not. he is biased. sure, too many times I´m tired. I especially contribute this VN military thread because it is one of my fields of interest. improving my english. I rarely go to other sections. Don´t worry about me too much of being brainwashed. either way I´m too busy right now with many daily things, I may stop for a while.

the germans would say in such situation: "so oder so".
You change nothing when you leave or stay. What will change is your future. Reading too much of their craps more or less will damage your brain and you dont even know it. Why was they being brain washed because they been fetch lies from their government for years. They live in denial and delusion that China is super power, no 1 in all fields, Chinese highest IQ, Chinese are beautiful northest asian, the world admire them.

The more time you spend in here the more stuffs you missed out there. You will lack of competitive skills for survive in society and lack of friendship and companion. I suggest you go find Vietnamese english culture forum there you will learn more about Vietnamese, more friends.

What you are doing is not smart, learn from mongol conquerer, chinese master Genghish Khan " only a fool fight a battle he knows he cant win" this forum you are to be subject for Chinese to make them look good, clearly you stand to get hit, you cant fight back, your comrade were isolated from you, the best agurment viet and viet troll were banned, only vietnamese with less threat and easy bully target are here to stay and that will be you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom