What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I don't think JP is a threat to Vietnam. JP - VN relations are getting better and better everyday, both in economy and military. I don't quite clear about economy, but in military, both country has held a lot of military exercises.

You misunderstand me bro, I was referring to the threats that China faces.

I was trying to show that China needs a far bigger military budget than Vietnam since they have a lot of threats while Vietnam only has one (China).

cool! can you tell me some of your duties in JP?

I mostly advising when there is a joint exercise are held, training JP troops and protect the Consulate.

And why would Vietnam need to buy the same quantity of weaponry that China buys?

Does Vietnam have multiple threats from many directions, such as USA, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, India, Vietnam, South China Sea as in the case of China?

Does Vietnamese territory, about 30 times smaller than China require the same military effort to defend as the much larger chinese territory?

Sorry for the misunderstood, friend.

Vietnamese sleepless about the Chinese threat? Have you ever met Vietnamese or ever been in Vietnam?

Vietnamese will just drank a few beers to the Chinese threat and say: Bring it on baby!!!!

Lol for sure, why didn't Vietnam navy attack Chinese oil rig but instead rely on Vietnam fishermen it harass China oil rig and got sunk by ramming Chinese ship?

Lol for sure, why didn't Vietnam navy attack Chinese oil rig but instead rely on Vietnam fishermen it harass China oil rig and got sunk by ramming Chinese ship?

What vietnamese fishermen? They were all Vietnamese coast guard and also fisheries protection vessels. The chinese are the ones that used fishing boats, that's not me saying it, read the international press. You seem to be quite brainwashed by chinese propaganda man.

If you want WW3 then go and attack. China will have a reason to use military to attack VN, and we already have enough problems buying equipments for the entire army, not to mention Hanoi will soon be overrun if the Chinese pouring in like water crushing down on a waterfall.

I mostly advising when there is a joint exercise are held, training JP troops and protect the Consulate.
I would love to see our navy plays some war games with the Japanese in the South China Sea.
should we get some destroyers in the future, we could make some games in the Sea of Japan, too.

do you know any of our future plans for our navy?

What vietnamese fishermen? They were all Vietnamese coast guard and also fisheries protection vessels. The chinese are the ones that used fishing boats, that's not me saying it, read the international press. You seem to be quite brainwashed by chinese propaganda man.

Vietnam wooden boat sunk by the collision with China ship head on. This not China propaganda but report by Vietnam new broadcast post on YouTube.

I was trying to show that China needs a far bigger military budget than Vietnam since they have a lot of threats while Vietnam only has one (China).
the VN government now considers China as a serious threat for our national security. the new state budget reflects this sentiment. defence spending enjoys highest priority, even higher than wage increase for civil servants.

the perception of threat has changed.

would love to see our navy plays some war games with the Japanese in the South China Sea.
should we get some destroyers in the future, we could make some games in the Sea of Japan, too.

You will soon, especially when the Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution has changed.

I would love to see our navy plays some war games with the Japanese in the South China Sea.

do you know any of our future plans for our navy?

As an example (for Alvin), I would also add, do you know if VN will exercise the option to build another 4 Molniya class ships under license?

the VN government now considers China as a serious threat for our national security. the new state budget reflects this sentiment. defence spending enjoys highest priority, even higher than wage increase for civil servants.

Vietnam better increase 50 percent of Vietnam GDP to modernize Vietnam military 7 billions not much be in the arm race with China.

but how comes your country indonesia buys russian weapons if they are junk?
I will always favor Russian any time over Chinese made toys.

We're slowly switching to Euro-Korean. The Sukhoi or Kilo is the only thing that pique the interest of buying. Other than that... Pfft.

As an example, I would also add, do you know if VN will exercise the option to build another 4 Molniya class ships under license?

The date are unknown, but it will when the new Russian Shipyard capable of building Submarines and even Aircraft Carriers are completed in Vietnam.

Vietnam better increase 50 percent of Vietnam GDP to modernize Vietnam military 7 billions not much be in the arm race with China.

Strong equipment and having a lot of weapons but crappy tactics equals losing the battle.

the perception of threat has changed.

Surely, in my non expert view of things, I would estimate that if VN can have a military budget of about 10% of China, that would be sufficient to fend them off. That would be around 14-15 billion dollars. VN is at almost 8 and increasing fast, I think it is a realistic goal. What do you think?

We're slowly switching to Euro-Korean. The Sukhoi or Kilo is the only thing that pique the interest of buying. Other than that... Pfft.

I think president Jokowe has a different idea.

Surely, in my non expert view of things, I would estimate that if VN can have a military budget of about 10% of China, that would be sufficient to fend them off. That would be around 14-15 billion dollars. VN is at almost 8 and increasing fast, I think it is a realistic goal. What do you think?

It is increasing fast, and it's true. VPA are self-defense only, not to invade other countries like the US.

Back
Top Bottom