What's new

Vietnam Considers Waiving Visas For 9 Nationalities

why Burma citizens are allowed only 15 days visa-free?
well, I guess it is due to Vietnam-Burma intergovernment agreement. we get 15-day visa-free to your country.

by the way, not all foreigners know it: since March this year, the island of Phu Quoc can be visited visa-free for 30 days.
300PhuQuoc_RachGia.jpg

Vietnam and Myanmar are in good relation even before the ban lift of USA to Myanmar.

How is Burma for tourists? Is it relatively safe? And what are the recommended tourist areas?

Personal safety isn't an issue. There are so many misconception about our country. There are obviously trouble areas but they are far far away from any of the important areas and certainly from the tourist hotspots. Infact, I feel safer walking around Yangon than I do in some city centers here in UK. There's hardly any petty crime but that might change soon when income inequality gets worse and worse. The only thing is Myanmar is surprisingly expensive. More so than the majority of SE Asian countries particularly in the cities.

why Burma citizens are allowed only 15 days visa-free?
well, I guess it is due to Vietnam-Burma intergovernment agreement. we get 15-day visa-free to your country.

by the way, not all foreigners know it: since March this year, the island of Phu Quoc can be visited visa-free for 30 days.
300PhuQuoc_RachGia.jpg

14 day visa :(

Personal safety isn't an issue. There are so many misconception about our country. There are obviously trouble areas but they are far far away from any of the important areas and certainly from the tourist hotspots. Infact, I feel safer walking around Yangon than I do in some city centers here in UK. There's hardly any petty crime but that might change soon when income inequality gets worse and worse. The only thing is Myanmar is surprisingly expensive. More so than the majority of SE Asian countries particularly in the cities.
I am curious. can you introduce your country a bit? food, people, cost, rental, etc...or
how about to open a general thread on Burma: what do you want to know about Burma?
a tip: you can travel 14 days around in VN, then jump to Phu Quoc island for visa-free.

I am curious. can you introduce your country a bit? food, people, cost, rental, etc...or
how about to open a general thread on Burma: what do you want to know about Burma?

a tip: you can travel 14 days around in VN, then jump to Phu Quoc island for visa-free.
Edit: oh hang on

Food is very unique. Westerners have commented on how it's not as good as Thailand. Probably because Burmese like bitter and sour flavours. It's very rich in general.

People are very friendly but stoic. Very generous and helpful also. This comes from our strict Buddhist upbringings. Google most charitable people in the world and some Christian charity had Myanmar come out joint 2nd in the world. So Burmese are very charitable even if we are relatively poor right now.

Cost and rentals are getting stupidly expensive in Yangon but cheap in the rural areas, naturally. Office rents actually exceeded New York CIty last summer because the property market is in a bit of a bubble and also because of excessive demand. This includes hotels. However, food is relatively cheap. I don't know enough about the rest of SE Asia to be able to compare properly.

Last edited:
China is one of country where terrorists attacked brutally on innocent people with knifes, in Ujigure, Kwanxi ...even though on Tianmen Square, why ?

Because any country with a sizeable muslim population will experience terrorism due to extremist elements. The US, UK, Russia, etc have all suffered terrorist attacks as well. The UK in particular suffered a terrorist knife attack.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Vietnam is such an unliveable dung heap that it's worse than war-torn Syria, where civilians suffer chemical weapons attacks? You tried to poke fun at supposedly how terrible China is but now you're trying to weasel out after being humiliated with facts that show Vietnam is literally one giant open sewer in the middle of SE Asia.

Because any country with a sizeable muslim population will experience terrorism due to extremist elements. The US, UK, Russia, etc have all suffered terrorist attacks as well. The UK in particular suffered a terrorist knife attack.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that Vietnam is such an unliveable dung heap that it's worse than war-torn Syria, where civilians suffer chemical weapons attacks? You tried to poke fun at supposedly how terrible China is but now you're trying to weasel out after being humiliated with facts that show Vietnam is literally one giant open sewer in the middle of SE Asia.
just curious: where do you want to live or make vacation: Vietnam or Syria?
where will you get killed by terrorism and polution in first place: Vietnam or China?

which country killed more own people than enemies combined?
which country destroyed own cultural heritage?

look at your mirror!

We always travel visa-free to ASEAN countries like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia ...
Next would be Indonesia, Philipines.

just curious: where do you want to live or make vacation: Vietnam or Syria?

Neither.

where will you get killed by terrorism and polution in first place: Vietnam or China?
!

If terrorism and pollution were that bad that would explain why China has a lower average life expectancy than Vietnam. Oh wait a minute...Vietnam has a lower life expectancy than China. And China was the world's 4th most popular tourist destination after France, the US, and Spain in 2013. Where's Vietnam on the list? So strange....

Neither.

If terrorism and pollution were that bad that would explain why China has a lower average life expectancy than Vietnam. Oh wait a minute...Vietnam has a lower life expectancy than China. And China was the world's 4th most popular tourist destination after France, the US, and Spain in 2013. Where's Vietnam on the list? So strange....

Here is seaside in China with Chinese tourists.

1_SDFP.jpg.ashx

3_UONE.jpg.ashx

8_VHFY.jpg.ashx

source Daily Mail

able to request for extent, ask hotel and they'd do that for you

Here is seaside in China with Chinese tourists.

1_SDFP.jpg.ashx

3_UONE.jpg.ashx

8_VHFY.jpg.ashx

source Daily Mail

Good job, you know how to post some random pictures. Can you refute *any* of my points? No? Didn't think so. Anytime you want to point out something bad about China, remember this - Vietnam will always be ten times worse. Always. And I'll have the facts to back it up while you have nothing. :D

It's Dameisha beach, a miracle of Shenzhen, China. What's a pity !!

main201210021319000538800867538.jpg

It's Dameisha beach, a miracle of Shenzhen, China. What's a pity !!

main201210021319000538800867538.jpg

And yet China still has higher living standards than Vietnam in every quantifiable category. How do you explain that? Don't dodge the question with more unrelated pictures. Tell me why China is ranked so much higher than Vietnam in Human Development Index, GDP Per capita, life expectancy, and....get this...cleaner government. It's true, according to Transparency International, Vietnam is a much more corrupt place than China. Once again Vietnam is exposed as a toilet masquerading as a country and all the children of that toilet/nation can do is to post random pictures of China. Facts > Viet delusions, every day of the week. :pop:

Back
Top Bottom