What's new

Vietnam Considers Waiving Visas For 9 Nationalities

Vietnamese have unique facial features. But North East Asians can easily identify difference between Japanese, Korean, Northern Chinese from other groups.

East Asians can easily tell the difference between Chinese/Japanese/Koreans but there are cases where one can mistake one for the other. Outsiders usually don't know the difference or have a harder time distinguish these three Asian groups

What does it matter ? Aren't most Americans have never left their hometown entire life ?
Um, no. Its a big country, people travel and move all over. I live 250km from where I was born, and in between I've lived 2000km away from that spot at times. My two best friends were born hundreds of km away, and the other side of the country (5000km). Both have lived all over. There are no restrictions on people moving around inside the country at all, no quotas, nothing. There are, no doubt, a few people who've never been more than a few miles from home but they would be extremely rare.

Road trips are an American institution. Everyone does it once in a while. I don't personally know anyone who hasn't traveled out of state at the very least. My own immediate family is spread over 3 states and 1000km. My extended family is in all corners of the US. Our states are the size of European countries. My co-workers include at least 5 or 6 US citizens born elsewhere and naturalized.

To give you a sense of it: MapFight - Vietnam vs Nevada (US) size comparison

About time.It's pain in the *** to get a tourist visa through the Vietnamese consulate.

You pay US$35 to an online website and they will arrange a Business visa (3 Months) for you :lol:

I was in Vung Tau for 2 Days,nice place but if you tell them that you are an Indian get ready to be bombarded with question like You are Indian but not dark?Why do guys treat women badly?

Not a good memory...went through a lot of shit :sick:

they are kpop group----girls generation.....

@Viet always posts misleading pictures or thread titles.
ha ha ha...nice, you are the only one who obviously knows the difference. you don´t disappoint me :lol:
yes, the girl group was there for the opening of the lotte tower.
Tae-yeon’s lovely look at an opening ceremony in Vietnam | KpopBuddy.com

20140903094733340_005_prev_99_20140903094903.jpg

22654200112970347312.jpg
#

but i can easily pick out a SE monkey
what a idiot

Last edited:
mm, I would choose India, Thailand, even Africa over Vietnam for tourism any day. What's to see in Vietnam? Buildings? Beaches? No offense to our Viet friends here.
no offence, but nobody cares of where you go.

The 3rd picture, the facial phenotype of those ladies are North East Asian. Either Korean or Japanese.

Are you sure those are Vietnamese ?

I'm not sure their natural beauty better than Vietnamese girls or not.
As a poor country, the plastic surgery in Vietnam still so rare.

I'm not sure their natural beauty better than Vietnamese girls or not.
As a poor country, the plastic surgery in Vietnam still so rare.

I'm not disputing the beauty of Vietnamese women. As Vietnamese people have their own unique phenotype. But I can tell difference between Vietnamese, from other North East Asian.

I'm not disputing the beauty of Vietnamese women. As Vietnamese people have their own unique phenotype. But I can tell difference between Vietnamese, from other North East Asian.
as for phenotype, technically speaking, we are a mixed race of east and southeast asia.
Vietnamese fashion show in Italy on September 17.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, Russians, Scandavanians, Japanese and Koreans get an extra visa free day more than a Burmese??
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Ministry of Transport is seeking approval to waive visa requirements for citizens of France, Germany, the UK, Spain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, India and Canada in order to draw more visitors, reports Thanh Nien.

A Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) survey found that Western European visitors often spend more money and stay longer compared to others, while Australian and Kiwi visitors often visit during traditional low seasons.

Vietnam currently allows visa exemptions for 17 countries:

• Citizens of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Kyrgyzstan get a visa-free stay of up to 30 days.
  • Citizens of the Philippines get 21 days.
  • Citizens of Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Japan, and South Korea get 15 days.
  • Citizens of Brunei and Myanmar for 14 days.
Since international tourists often spend between US$1,200-1,500 per trip, according to VNAT, Vietnamese authorities are hoping to replicate the success Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia found after issuing visa waivers.

I have to admit, I've never really been interested in seeing other SE Asian countries but maybe Vietnam could be cool. Vietnam Airlines fly to Yangon now so maybe a weekend break there might make a change from the usual Thailand/Sing/Malaysia getaways.

Wait, Russians, Scandavanians, Japanese and Koreans get an extra visa free day more than a Burmese??

I have to admit, I've never really been interested in seeing other SE Asian countries but maybe Vietnam could be cool. Vietnam Airlines fly to Yangon now so maybe a weekend break there might make a change from the usual Thailand/Sing/Malaysia getaways.

How is Burma for tourists? Is it relatively safe? And what are the recommended tourist areas?

as for phenotype, technically speaking, we are a mixed race of east and southeast asia.
Vietnamese fashion show in Italy on September 17.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Indeed, very beautiful ! Some Vietnamese women have East asian appearance, some have very unique South east asian appearance, and some are a mixture of both.

why Burma citizens are allowed only 15 days visa-free?
well, I guess it is due to Vietnam-Burma intergovernment agreement. we get 15-day visa-free to your country.

by the way, not all foreigners know it: since March this year, the island of Phu Quoc can be visited visa-free for 30 days.
300PhuQuoc_RachGia.jpg

How very strange. Even with this "toxic air", China is still 30 spots ahead of Vietnam in the Human Development Index rankings. Hmmm.....:coffee: But don't you worry little Vietnam. Syria, with their 3 years of incessant warfare, dropped 2 spots in 2014. So that means in another 2 or 3 years, Vietnam *might* be a better place to live than war-torn Syria, where beheadings and chemical weapon use on civilians is the norm. Good job Vietnam. Now I see where all that smugness comes from. Vietnam so strong!! :tup:

China is one of country where terrorists attacked brutally on innocent people with knifes, in Ujigure, Kwanxi ...even though on Tianmen Square, why ?

Back
Top Bottom