What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Got my new gaming build a couple of months ago.

ADM Ryzen 5600X CPU, RTX 3070 GPU, 1TB NVME SDD(Gen 3x4) and 16 GB 2667Mhz RAM.:sniper:

Congrats! That is a powerful rig. Enjoy.

ps: Welcome to the Ryzen team. If you want more out of your chip, replace your ram with 3200Mhz sticks.

35 FPS Microsoft Flight Simulator.

They did say they make them for future machines.

Last edited:
Congrats! That is a powerful rig. Enjoy.

ps: Welcome to the Ryzen team. If you want more out of your chip, replace your ram with 3200Mhz sticks.

They did say they make them for future machines.

RAM speed was not my choice.

Buying a pre-built machine was the only way I could get the PC somewhat near MSRP price.

3200 MHz RAM would help but we are probably looking at 1-2 extra FPS at 4K Ultra settings on current games over my 2667MHz RAM. If things change in the future I can always upgrade.

Interesting thing is that Microsoft Direct Storage tech will also support Gen 3 NVME SSD and so hopefully that will help alleviate the “only” 8GB VRAM on my GPU, as I can see games 18-24 months down the line requiring more without something like Direct Storage giving developers an alternative option of loading more data on the fly to the GPU VRAM.

20210807_175024.jpg

My updated rig,
Ryzen 9 5900x, 32 gigs , 3733mhz, 3080,
5 tb nvme, 13 tb hdd,
Asus pg348q UW, Samsung 4k, benq 1080p,

LG 8K, nvidia shield
Got my new gaming build a couple of months ago.

ADM Ryzen 5600X CPU, RTX 3070 GPU, 1TB NVME SDD(Gen 3x4) and 16 GB 2667Mhz RAM.:sniper:

Mainly been playing Dirt Rally 2 and Microsoft Flight Simulator at 4K Ultra. Get around 50FPS on Dirt Rally 2 and 35 FPS Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is such an amazing game and there is just so much to do and see that I will probably never get bored of it!

In the last week, I purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 and only just started playing but looks superb on 4K Ultra settings.
DLSS & AMD super resolution should fix that in future

Has anybody heard about a new RPG called Avowed...
Man its trailer was quite exciting...

The Ascent got good reviews, haven’t played that style of game in years… srsly considering.

also, Eurofighter for dcs soon….. surprised there’s not many dcs players here. I do basic sp scenarios mostly made in the editor.
Landing is still the funnest part lol

RAM speed was not my choice.

Buying a pre-built machine was the only way I could get the PC somewhat near MSRP price.

I figured.

3200 MHz RAM would help but we are probably looking at 1-2 extra FPS at 4K Ultra settings on current games over my 2667MHz RAM. If things change in the future I can always upgrade.

On average, upwards of 5 fps and a very noticeable reduction in micro-stutter, especially with a Ryzen CPU (usual disclaimer of n other variables). Some games can even give you +10 fps. Won't make or break anything, just figured you've already dished out a fair bit and wouldn't mind spending the extra 10-20 on an easy swap.

Interesting thing is that Microsoft Direct Storage tech will also support Gen 3 NVME SSD and so hopefully that will help alleviate the “only” 8GB VRAM on my GPU, as I can see games 18-24 months down the line requiring more without something like Direct Storage giving developers an alternative option of loading more data on the fly to the GPU VRAM.

Due to the non-standardized nature of a PC, it will take a couple of generational iterations for it to show its true promise. Will be the future standard though, the lowest common denominator will be raised.

The Ascent got good reviews, haven’t played that style of game in years… srsly considering.

Top down action RPGs? Some true gems out there. Check out Hades as well. It's a rouge-like though.

Last edited:
On average, upwards of 5 fps and a very noticeable reduction in micro-stutter, especially with a Ryzen CPU (usual disclaimer of n other variables). Some games can even give you +10 fps. Won't make or break anything, just figured you've already dished out a fair bit and wouldn't mind spending the extra 10-20 on an easy swap.

True but I tend to game at 4K as my GPU is powerful enough and the types of games I play(Microsoft Flight Simulator, Dirt Rally 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2) do not need anymore than 60fps to give a smooth gameplay experience. Microsoft Flight Simulator is very playable at 30FPS even and I get just over that. I have not noticed any real micro-stutter on any of the games I have played since sim update 5 was released for Microsoft flight Simulator.

Like I say I will probably get 1-2 fps more at this resolution and this will not be noticeable. It would only matter if I gamed at 1080p and was into 1st person shooters like Halo and Battlefield but they are not really my genre.

Actually my next upgrade for my PC will come for video editing as I am likely want to go for 32GB of RAM to allow me to smoothly use DaVinci Resolve for 4K Video Editing but that is probably 12-18 months away. May also stick in a 2TB NVME SSD as well if they come down in price a bit by then as my motherboard can take two and so has a slot free as of now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom