What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Obsidian Entertainment working on unannounced project in Unreal Engine 4
There are a lot of projects on the horizon.
ASHER MADAN
26 Nov 2018

16x9.png

A few days ago, we reported that inXile Entertainment was working on an unannounced project aside from Wasteland 3. It seems like inXile isn't the only recent Microsoft acquisition working on other projects. According to a report by The Inner Circle Games Network, Obsidian Entertainment is also developing another title with Unreal Engine 4. That's quite the departure from Unity to say the least.

This information was revealed during a talk Senior Programmer Roby Atadero gave at the University of California, Riverside. He discussed a variety of topics, like the acquisition, and what the future holds for the studio.

Before the acquisition, Obsidian developed games using their in-house Onyx Engine. The team would then move on to use Unity for Pillars of Eternity, and now have begun work on a new unannounced project using Unreal Engine 4. Roby Atadero did not divulge anything deeper on the topic.

16x9.png

It's great to see that Obsidian is working on another game in the powerful Unreal Engine 4. The Coalition pushed boundaries with Gears of War 4, so hopefully that team's expertise will serve Obsidian well. There is a lot of collaboration that goes on between Microsoft's various studios.

It's unclear what this project is or what the expected launch date is, but given the fact that Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, recently launched, it might be a few years away. Hopefully Microsoft will share more at E3 2019 or sooner.

Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!

Battlefield 5 Is On Sale For $30 (Xbox One, PS4)
Brand new and dirt cheap.
Last updated by Chris Reed on November 28, 2018 at 1:57PM
3466334-feature_bfvmultiplayertips_20181123.jpg

Now Playing: Battlefield V - 5 Tips To Help Your Squad Succeed

It's hardly a week old, but EA's latest shooter, Battlefield V, is already on sale for $30 at Target right now. This surprisingly low sale price applies to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. The deal is only good until Thursday, November 29, so if you've been considering picking up this WWII shooter, you'll want to jump on this deal fast.

That's not the only Battlefield V deal going on right now, either. Walmart has the console versions of the game on sale for $40 each, while Best Buy has them on sale for $42 apiece on console, as well as on PC. And if you buy the game on any platform from Best Buy, it comes with a free steelbook case.

3467716-3463428-battlefield%2Bv%2Bscreenshot%2B2018.11.13%2B-%2B17.40.49.90.jpg

3467717-3463416-battlefield%2Bv%2Bscreenshot%2B2018.11.12%2B-%2B18.00.39.78.jpg

Best Buy also has the deluxe edition on sale for $72 (normally $80) on PS4and Xbox One. That isn't as big of a discount as the standard edition, but the deluxe edition comes with 20 weekly airlift items, special assignment missions, and five sets of paratrooper outfits.

Battlefield V is an online shooter that will be changing and expanding in the months to come. It already has a single-player campaign called War Stories and a number of multiplayer modes. Between now and March 2019, Electronic Arts will be releasing a slew of free content, including new modes, maps, a new Grand Operations mission, and a battle royale mode called Firestorm.

More from GameSpot:
  1. Battlefield 5 Buying Guide: Xbox One, PS4, And PC
In our Battlefield V review, Michael Higham scored the game 8/10, writing, "The Battlefield series has a winning formula that Battlefield V doesn't deviate far from, at least for now. Conquest and the map roster don't mesh well together, however, Grand Operations--and the other modes within it--steal the show and foster some of the greatest moments the franchise has offered. You might be surprised by the impact of the slight changes made for this entry, especially when you're deep into pushing or defending objectives in Frontlines alongside teammates fulfilling their roles. That's when Battlefield V is at its best."

PS4
Standard Edition

Deluxe Edition

Xbox One
Standard Edition

Deluxe Edition

PC
Standard Edition

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-5-is-on-sale-for-30-xbox-one-ps4/1100-6463482/

A good deal for an AAA game indeed

I don’t have much time as work keeps me busy, but I do play the Age of Empires series occasionally. Recently the Age 2 remake.

Are you into that?

I've been looking to get into more strategy games, but I've just never gotten the chance. I have, however, played XCOM. That was fun.

I've been looking to get into more strategy games, but I've just never gotten the chance. I have, however, played XCOM. That was fun.

Very nice, it would be cool. If you ever begin playing Age of Empires, let me know.

It’s taking them a long time, but they are supposed to release a new one: Age of Empires 4.

I just love this scene
@jamahir
Would you kindly give me any COD game that has such an iconic one liner :D
@Arsalan

Last edited:
Why does the suited man have a death-wish ??
This guy and his ideology
His free market capitalism solution for it
And in the end he gets murdered by someone who is more or less his brainwashed son under the influence of his rival in a city torn apart by addiction,poverty and violence

Question for one and all..

Is an Xbox One S still worth getting? I can get one for $219 USD bundled with NBA 2K.

I lost interest in console gaming a couple of years ago, but just got a 4K set and kind of missed the call of duty franchise.

I know the X version is quite a bit more powerful and kind of future proof, but the price tag is obviously a bit more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom