What's new

Uttarakhand: big and unusual role for the Air Force's C-130J

@gessler, here it is:

C-130XJ:

This sounds PERFECT for what the IAF needs for these internal humanitarian operations. A large number of these with the IAF but co-located with NDRF teams and relief equipment and India will be dramatically more able to handle these sort of tragedies.
There is no need for more c-130's beyond 12.
MTA should be very close in performance if not equally good in flying characteristics. EW might not be as good but they don't necessarily have to be.

MTA would also be substantially cheaper plus have more domestic manufactured content.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no need for more c-130's beyond 12.
MTA should be very close in performance if not equally good in flying characteristics. EW might not be as good but they don't necessarily have to be.

MTA would also be substantially cheaper plus have more domestic manufactured content.
It remains to be seen when the MTA will emerge in its final shape. It will be even longer before we know how it performs. Right now it is just another paper plane. When you look at C-130s serving in these operations today and think you could get many more of these proven machines, not all that expensively (see C-130XJ) and built in India (through TATA POWER SED- if you order enough) in no time at all- it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

It remains to be seen when the MTA will emerge in its final shape. It will be even longer before we know how it performs. Right now it is just another paper plane. When you look at C-130s serving in these operations today and think you could get many more of these proven machines, not all that expensively (see C-130XJ) and built in India (through TATA POWER SED- if you order enough) in no time at all- it makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I would rather get a an aircraft which is flying today rather than one which is still on the planing board. who know how long it will take to be operational in large numbers.

C-130XJ:

721_c-130xj.png

Buy 20-30+ of these for the IAF (maybe, just maybe have these under the operational control of the NDMA/NDRF). Buy 10-20 Sea Hercs for the IN and build then all in India through TATA POWER SED- done.

SC-130J1-600-x-337.jpg

SC-130J2.jpg

Buy 10-20 Sea Hercs for the IN and build them all in India through TATA POWER SED- done.

Fanboy.... US wont give any ToT..even for the 126 MRCA they refused.... and with a budget of 30+ bills...i doubt india can even afford to build infra for such project...

actually,I'm not seeing any significant number MTA is coming into India in this decade..It'll be atleast around 2020 or after that when it'll come,if ever comes.tell me if I'm wrong.

Right. Before the project has even gone anywhere it has run into delays:

India, Russia launch delayed Medium Transport Aircraft

Fanboy.... US wont give any ToT..even for the 126 MRCA they refused.... and with a budget of 30+ bills...i doubt india can even afford to build infra for such project...

What are you talking about? TATA is already making parts for Boeing, LM and Sikorsky. LM have said they are willing to set up production in India through TATA POWER SED if India orders enough. India has a MR-MPA contest going on where the Sea Hercs are taking part so there is the possibility of these going into IN service. India has the funds- that's not an issue, trust me.

You seem to be pretty confused as to the reasons those won't/can't happen- all you want to believe/say is this won't happen.

What are you talking about? TATA is already making parts for Boeing, LM and Sikorsky. LM have said they are willing to set up production in India through TATA POWER SED if India orders enough. India has a MR-MPA contest going on where the Sea Hercs are taking part so there is the possibility of these going into IN service. India has the funds- that's not an issue, trust me.

You seem to be pretty confused as to the reasons those won't/can't happen- all you want to believe/say is this won't happen.

Wow buddy... cool down... we also build parts for boeing and LM etc... but the fact remains... US will never sell their advanced weapon platforms with ToT...

Right. Before the project has even gone anywhere it has run into delays:

India, Russia launch delayed Medium Transport Aircraft

@DESERT FIGHTER

You're post pretty much sums up who the fanboy is:coffee:

Stop posting what you want to believe. If US gives ToT to India, why is your a$$ burning?

And making parts doesnt mean you can make a whole damn aircraft either... for that you need massive infra, and lots of cash...you cant buy every damn thing with a budget of 30 Bz... and tht too with ToT..

Wow buddy... cool down... we also build parts for boeing and LM etc... but the fact remains... US will never sell their advanced weapon platforms with ToT...

Then how did countries like Japan make their own versions of US F-16 called Mitsubishi F-2, if
US didn't give them ToT?

@DESERT FIGHTER

You're post pretty much sums up who the fanboy is:coffee:

Stop posting what you want to believe. If US gives ToT to India, why is your a$$ burning?

I was merely posting my opinion.. and whats the indian obsession with burning a$$es? u guys are known for whining on defence purchases of other countries... even protesting outside the white house...The fact is US never gives its advanced weapons under ToT... by now you would have understood.. considering the MRCA deal.... when the americans refused to give ToT for their jets...

The US refused to give certain levels of ToT on their most advanced tech like AESA radars but I doubt they'd have any issue with giving ToT on a transport plane that's design is almost 60 years old! LM have stated they WILL set up a Herc production line in India with TATA POWER SED if India orders enough units- END OF STORY. One minuet it's a lack of ToT why this deal won't go through, before that it is a lack of funds- what next?

The ball is in India's court- if they want more then it'll go through, no question about it.

And don't tell me to "cool down" -I've seen you derail/ruin plenty of perfectly healthy threads and I wanted to nip your nonsense in the bud. It seem though, you are intent on derailing this thread too.

And making parts doesnt mean you can make a whole damn aircraft either... for that you need massive infra, and lots of cash...you cant buy every damn thing with a budget of 30 Bz... and tht too with ToT..

well,we don't need to.but again,C-130 is a 60's aircraft,not some new platform.so,TOT shouldn't be any issue.and when we can acquire Rafale with full TOT,then be assured,we can do that for C-130 too.but then,its USA.so,anything possible.

Back
Top Bottom