What's new

USN cannot defend herself from Brahmoos missile:Indian Expert

Looks very good on paper but lets recall the 'effectiveness' of US missile defense systems in a conflict environment.
1. Shot down a Iranian passanger plane which was flying away from their ship.
2. Poor record of patriot missiles against scuds in Iaq war.

As for Brahmos, Russia refuse to deploy it.

And India call it the world beater.

This says more about the standard of India bragging.
Nuff said.

Keep civility its none of those dumb forums where you can abuse like our country forums.
We are here to see things from their perspectives or indulge in a discourse. They can very well kick out . Noone abuse us the same way our forum abuse openly.

Sorry to say but we are a country of well trained uneducated boors (better known locally as Chu's) with a massive inferiority complex chip on the shoulders.

Huge huge cringy embarrassment to the few with education and class enough to recognize the aghast and disgusted silence from the other side for what it is.

Cheers.

@Oldman1 is this true? No US missiles can strike down Brahmos supersonic missiles?

@Oldman1 is this true? No US missiles can strike down Brahmos supersonic missiles?
Some trolls created the random videos and again some trolls posted it PDF and party started. No missile is impossible to overcome, Period. Hope that satisfies some. @Penguin Sir, I believe Barak is overated presently considering the limited engagement capability. And I don't think clarity is there when comparing Bramhos and Barak 8 simply because there has been not even single one to one engagement. USN is far ahead in the game and it sets the standard which most of top navies adapt all over the world. However all of this is my personal opinion. Thank you.

I am out. IF you are a Indian , no need for me to engage with u here. When u r called out u indulge in namecalling . Typical.

Please don't embarrass us internationally.

It's bad enough one has to step carefully so as not to place his foot in saffron poo back home.

name, Specifications?? and which ship can carry them??
(Australian) Nulka hovering decoy. Used on USN ships (Perry, Burke etc) and Australian ships (e.g. Anzac class, Adelaide class). Can also be launched from Mk41 by ExLS.

Do you think Nulka decoy and other ECM / ECCM can work alone and be effective?

Why mount them if they are not effective. But clearly in ship defence, layering is the key word. If you can't physically knock out a missile, for whatever reasen, electronic measures are your next best thing. Nothing is completely foolproof

Some trolls created the random videos and again some trolls posted it PDF and party started. No missile is impossible to overcome, Period. Hope that satisfies some. @Penguin Sir, I believe Barak is overated presently considering the limited engagement capability. And I don't think clarity is there when comparing Bramhos and Barak 8 simply because there has been not even single one to one engagement. USN is far ahead in the game and it sets the standard which most of top navies adapt all over the world. However all of this is my personal opinion. Thank you.
US has supersonic targets to practise against, not sure whether Israel or India has any.

GQM-163A Coyote. Supersonic Sea Skimming Target.
c3983739.jpg%7Eoriginal

https://www.orbitalatk.com/flight-s.../ascm-targets/docs/BR06007_3862 Coyote_R3.pdf

Lol, the ESSM and SM-3 and Sm-6 can shoot down Brahmos. However, its more likely that the platform carrying Brahmos will not have a chance to fire the missile. This is the reason Russia refuse to deploy Brahmos. Because it's inferior compare to what they have.

Only Indians treat a Russian downgraded export as worlds best.

*yawn*

F-4_launching_MA-31.jpg

MA-31 was a conversion of the supersonic Russian Kh-31 anti-ship missile Mach 3.5), developed by the Soviet Union during the 1980s, for use as a target drone by the United States Navy. Although the missile proved successful in this role, political complications resulted in the type being only an interim solution, and only a small number of the missiles were acquired. The MA-31 was equipped for launch from the QF-4 Phantom II aircraft. It was an interim target missile (34 produced) between MQM-8 Vandal and the GQM-163 Coyote, which entered service during 2007.

MQM-8G Vandal: Talos missiles remaining after removal from active service were converted to super-sonic drone targets, with the inventory being exhausted circa 2008.
0234.jpg

the above article.
F 35 won't be able to neutralize brahamos.
If you say "f 35 of US can be shot down by brahamos only" you are suggesting than an antiship missile is capable of shooting down an aircraft? FYI: That is not possible.

If you say "F 35 won't be able to neutralize brahamos", please note I did not say F35 can by itself neutralize Brahmos.

What F-35 can do is help target very long range SM6 surface to air missiles against surface targets at very long ranges. What E-2 Hawkeye can do is help surface ships target their anti-air/missile missiles over distances way beyond the surface ships' own radar horizon. The key to that is the USN's Naval Integrated Fire Control – Counter Air, or NIFC-CA.

In addition USN surface ships can share their radar and other target data - thus creating a far better and complete picture of their situation - and assist in controlling missile fire i.e. having one ship target/guide the missiles fired by another. The key to that is 'Cooperative Engagement Capability'.

Last edited:
So the US Navy is obsolete in the face of this Indian-painted marvel missile? The stories coming out of India are getting better with each day.

Last edited:
Looks very good on paper but lets recall the 'effectiveness' of US missile defense systems in a conflict environment.
1. Shot down a Iranian passanger plane which was flying away from their ship.
2. Poor record of patriot missiles against scuds in Iaq war.
1. Clearly effective then (case of human error)

2. Say what? During the first week of the 2003 war, Iraqi forces fired a Scud missile at the American Battlefield Update Assessment center in Camp Doha, Kuwait. The missile was intercepted and shot down by a Patriot missile seconds before hitting the complex. Subsequently, two A-10 Warthogs bombed the missile launcher..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scud#Operational_use
Besides, what is everybody else's record against Scuds?.

I don't appreciate any talk of un-counterable superweapons as @Penguin knows well.

This also applies to the Indian navy. But as seen in the OP its some internet hyper guy posting this claim.

And the OP said its an Indian "expert".....LOL....and look at all the typical people rallying to that assertion.

surprised to find people even commenting on the thread video made by some fanboy who cant even spell brahmos.

if supersonic missiles are so dangerous then the usa and western powers would have had them instead of their subsonic counterparts.

p.s. they (murica) does have supersonic "antiship" missiles, anyone like to guess what it is?

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom