What's new

Used F16's - EDA 50 ~ 100 Available

To be honest, I don't think the PAF would move the needle on new F-16s until the JF-17 Block-III is in motion (e.g. production, initial induction, etc). They'll want to avoid repeating the PPP-era bust of spending sovereign funds on imports but requiring loans from China (and stepping away from a Thales/MBDA deal). Pakistan's close to a new electoral cycle and you truly never know what comes next. For the time being, the PAF might want to be patient: see if the F-16 line re-opens in South Carolina, get support in the U.S. industry and policy circles for the release of the AN/APG-83, AIM-9X, JSOW and Harpoon Block-II, and see where things go with other prospective routes.

My personal speculation: the PAF might aim for a final big F-16 order in 2019-2020 (i.e when the JF-17 Block-III is in serial production with all subsystems bought/budgeted with funds). I think 36 new-built F-16V/Block-72, 18 surplus F-16C/D Block-42/52 upgraded to F-16V and 18 upgrade kits for the current F-16 Block-52+ would make sense, but it's just me shooting speculation and dreams.
another option would be sourcing f-16s used for europe and going for upgrade. belgium etc have large in storage

downside is that these are A/Bs

It should be a full stop mark, in all sort of F-16 offers / opportunities.
Comparing the gains and loss in comparison to JF-17 its a pure madness to follow F-16.
Pakistan should work with Turkey/China or solo, to develop advance EW and AESA.
PAF lacks comprehensive air defense system, specially THADD. With limited budget, I would invest more on consolidating ground based defenses. Investing on fighter jets more than JF-17 would be imbalanced approach.

another option would be sourcing f-16s used for europe and going for upgrade. belgium etc have large in storage

downside is that these are A/Bs

Hi,

Most of the european F16's have flown in and around the sea---the salt air does a lots of damage to the frame---.

Hi,

Most of the european F16's have flown in and around the sea---the salt air does a lots of damage to the frame---.
most of belgium f-16 were put in storage very early in 90s, they have very few hours on them.
Annyway its the amount of hours,g forces rather than sea salt that we are worried about
same is true for other euro countries

or simply go for mix of used and old typhoons if you can cough up 4-5 billion dollars(including weapons and spares)
italy matched the price at recent Romania deal of used typhoons to f-16s used though they were older trench1 aircrafts.

Last edited:
Is there an in-service and in production VIxen and South African HMD?

for vixen 1000 E please visit leonardocompany website i can't paste link other wise i could provide

for HMD Denel Optronics with BAE Systems

Cobra[edit]
Sweden's JAS 39 Gripen fighter utilizes the Cobra HMD, developed by BAE Systems, Denel Optronics of South Africa, and Saab. It has been exported to the South African Air Force.[25]

for vixen 1000 E please visit leonardocompany website i can't paste link other wise i could provide

for HMD Denel Optronics with BAE Systems

Cobra[edit]
Sweden's JAS 39 Gripen fighter utilizes the Cobra HMD, developed by BAE Systems, Denel Optronics of South Africa, and Saab. It has been exported to the South African Air Force.[25]

Striker2 is a further upgrade of Cobra by BAE, am I right in assuming this?

Striker® II Digital Helmet-Mounted Display

BAE Systems’ Striker helmet-mounted display system (HMDS) is based on the company’s unique two-part helmet design. It provides comfort, protection, and helmet stability for fixed- and rotary-wing platforms. The Striker helmet design has also been adopted for use on the Eurofighter Typhoon and Saab Gripen multirole fighter aircrafts, and is now in production for customers in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, and other countries.
http://www.baesystems.com/en-uk/product/striker-ii-digital-helmet-mounted-display#

http://www.baesystems.com/en-uk/download-en-uk/20161024163453/1434555338432.pdf

Back
Top Bottom