What's new

USA ‘s Tomahawk Vs India’s Nirbhay Vs Pakistan’s Babur-Three subsonic cruise missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did Pakistan procure magnetic field maps required for Navigation over water? I doubt even china has detailed Magnetic imaging data of Indian ocean.

Is that the reason there has been no Naval version of Babur?
Pakistan might be using simple INS/GNSS combo for navigation over water, till land arrives. Magnetic imaging of the ocean, is very difficult as you said.

No, thats not the reason, the SLCM is in development. But it might not be made public (reason being western backlash and ability to test without making too much waves).

Last edited:
They're all quite similar, so any comparison is going to be one comparing very, very minor details. Long-range, sub-sonic, ground hugging, adaptable, nuclear capable missile that are multi-platform. The range and degree of accuracy and target discrimination is the only significant detail difference

Among the 3 weapon system, only the Indian version is still not in service.

Tomohawk is most advanced weapon-system as of now.

Pakistan's BABUR is most advance land-attack nuclear cruise missile in South Asia.

India's Nirbhay isn't operational yet.

I have seen videos where Pakistan has launched its cruise missiles from multi-tube launch vehicle...

Very impressive capability...

Pakistan also has quasi-ballistic tactical weapons designed specifically to defeat defence-systems like Iron Dome etc...

India on the other hand have really impressive systems, too.

India does have impressive long range cruise missile. The only problem for them is that it failed in its first test and only test. So its premature to say that India has long range cruise missile that US developed back in the 1980s(30 years ago). So India is at least 30 years behind US in developing this kind of weapon.

Among the 3 weapon system, only the Indian version is still not in service.

India does have impressive long range cruise missile. The only problem for them is that it failed in its first test and only test. So its premature to say that India has long range cruise missile that US developed back in the 1980s(30 years ago). So India is at least 30 years behind US in developing this kind of weapon.
in second test it is successful ......and yes we do have LRCM
India successfully test-fires cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’ - The Hindu

This is what thousands of years of humiliation, destruction, and enslavement to Muslims can do to hindus. Hindus are a weak people, always suffering from inferiority complex, and deep frustration on what superior Islamic peoples did to inferior hindus over thousands of years..

Post reported !!

So you are saying that somehow South Africa had a big hand in development of Ra'ad, just because the tails match? Seriously?
Its a frickin' tail, not a turbojet engine or a guidance system.

If the frickin tail cant be made in Pakistan, what to talk about seeker and the rest of the assembly involved?

Tall claims require taller evidence ..

If we go by indian logic on babur:

I believe nirbhay is a copy of african bamboo stick and wiring from nigeria.

This is what thousands of years of humiliation, destruction, and enslavement to Muslims can do to hindus. Hindus are a weak people, always suffering from inferiority complex, and deep frustration on what superior Islamic peoples did to inferior hindus over thousands of years.

Hence you have things like "Babur is not Pakistani! no no! must be chinese!" ...:lol:

feel sad for hindus.

@Chak Bamu @Jungibaaz please check

If the frickin tail cant be made in Pakistan, what to talk about seeker and the rest of the assembly involved?

Tall claims require taller evidence ..
Okay seems like I was wasting my time.
:cheers:

Nirbhay is not operational and therefore tomahawk and Babur are better than Nirbhay.

The question of what missile is better than what depends on the technology used in them & their capability...whether
they're operational or not depends on when the program started or when the armed forces expressed a need for sure
a weapon.

Going by your logic, MiG-21 should be a better plane than F-35 because the latter isn't operational yet.

ndia’s Nirbhay blasts off like a rocket and unlike from other missiles it turns into the aircraft.After its launch in early flights the rocket falls off and small wings get deployed.At that time gas turbine comes into work and it turns into full aircraft.It cannot be jammed as it operates on fire and forget system

WTF :omghaha: :omghaha:

Who wrote that BS? I mean every cruise missile works like that. It's not something Nirbhay does

The true difference b/w Tomahawk and South Asian's LACM is former can target moving objects with the inclusion of a ESM seeker while later can only target stationary objects for now.

It took Pakistan 8 years from first test to Operationalizing the Babur.

India would need 6 years If it sticks to the basic and evolve LACM with stationary target capability. If DRDO wants to become ambitious and go after a Seeker in Nirbhay, then I would add another 2 years in program until it becomes operationalize

Nirbhay already has a X-band SAR seeker, period. Just like Block-IV Tomahawk. Only one here that doesn't have a seeker
yet is the Babur.

On topic, as of Tomahawk v/s Nirbhay v/s Babur, I would rate them as follows, based on their tech & capability -

1) Tomahawk Block-IV
2) Nirbhay
3) Babur

Tomahawk is a highly evolved missile with so many different launch platforms & variants, and is supported by the world's
largest array of reconnaissance & mapping satellites - no other country can feed so much info into a missile than US.
Telemetry & navigation for Tom is the most reliable among all three and this is what really matters for such cruise missiles.
The Block-IV includes SAR seeker for tracking and hitting moving targets (i.e. ships), although they are rarely, if ever, used
in that role.

Nirbhay is the second-best in most things among the three here. Although only the GLCM is tested so far, the array of
launch platforms outlined for this missile is only next to the Tom. In terms of navigation, the Nirb has the advantage of using
a larger number of sources for increased accuracy (GPS, GLONASS, IRNSS - with the latter being further boosted by GAGAN
augmentation in most cases, again the only other CM here after Tom to have augmented navigation system). The Nirb
is supported by an established (and growing) fleet of reconnaissance & various other types of comms, SIGINT/ELINT space
assets. Again, it's the only other one after Tom Block-IV to have a SAR seeker and therefore the ability to hit large moving
targets. As per sources, the NIrbhay's 370daN ( 838lbf / 380kgf ) turbofan engine is slightly more powerful than the 700lbf
engine used by the Tomahawk, although the other specs of the engine are likely to be behind.

Even visually, Nirb has the most aesthetic development in terms of airframe design after Tom, an example would be the conformal inlet which is shared by both Block-IV Tomahawk & Nirbhay.

Babur comes up last in almost everything except for being already operational/starting out first, where it is second. The
weakest part of the whole setup of Babur, quite obviously, is the navigation and it's reliability & availability. All space-based
navigational support for Babur (without which it wouldn't even compare with the missiles as Tom, Nirb or CJ-10) are
provided by China, including the inputs from the Beidou navigation system - who's use is not guaranteed in times of
nuclear conflict. It's also the only one here without the availability of augmented navigation - atleast for the foreseeable future.

Very little details are available (for me) about the Babur's electronics, propulsion etc. Although what is available states that
it's also the only one here without a SAR seeker at present. Airframe-wise it's also the least developed, despite being around
for the longest time after Tomahawk (in this list). Anyone who wants to fill us in about Babur's engine & other stuff may
please go ahead because I'm interested to know.

Yes, yes, Hindus are weak, Hindus are this and that. These are stupid things your generals and text books would say, then you go and make stamps like this.

pow-stamp-dawn-nfp.jpg

Please know the history of that land of Pakistan before talking about humiliation.

And trust me, we laugh our asses off when you guys say stupid shit like that. :lol:

Muslims ruled you for centuries.

Muslims destroyed your entire ancient fabric. Your civilization. Your identity. Your sacred temples. Murdered millions of Hindus.

Then, Muslims divided india into three! and since then have never let indians sleep in peace...

And what do you have in return?

Oh, india helped "one group of Muslims" (E.Pakistan) defeat "another group of Muslims" (W.Pakistan) in a civil war.

Wow! bravo! Way to get back at Muslims. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Believe me, we pity hindus and their utter inferiority vis-via-vis superior Islamic peoples.

So much so..that indian hindus are so poor that they cry when better looking Muslims get their girls (be it in india or foreign lands)...

Muslims destroyed your entire ancient fabric. Your civilization. Your identity. Your sacred temples. Murdered millions of Hindus.

Then, Muslims divided india into three! and since then have never let indians sleep in peace...

Oh, india helped "one group of Muslims" (E.Pakistan) defeat "another group of Muslims" (W.Pakistan) in a civil war.

Believe me, we pity hindus and their utter inferiority vis-via-vis superior Islamic peoples.

So much so..that indian hindus are so poor that they cry when better looking Muslims get their girls (be it in india or foreign lands)...

Missing Bilawal?

So you are accusing Muslims of Genocide and Iconoclasm?

They're all quite similar, so any comparison is going to be one comparing very, very minor details. Long-range, sub-sonic, ground hugging, adaptable, nuclear capable missile that are multi-platform. The range and degree of accuracy and target discrimination is the only significant detail difference

And nirbhay still has to go in production then operations, this is its first test........whereas Babur and TomHawk are already deployed.............and operational......
And Remember Babur has Pinpoint accuracy.

And nirbhay still has to go in production then operations, this is its first test........whereas Babur and TomHawk are already deployed.............and operational......
And Remember Babur has Pinpoint accuracy.

Pinpoint accuracy...aaloo ka paratha khaya ya bhajiye khaye aaj???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom