What's new

USA ‘s Tomahawk Vs India’s Nirbhay Vs Pakistan’s Babur-Three subsonic cruise missile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Lets have a "look", compared to Babur, YJ-62:

-has different dimensions
-has a fixed and larger inlet
-has tail fins present farther from exhaust
-has a cruising speed of 0.9 mach
-has half the range of Babur
-is primarily an anti-ship missile with a radar seeker
-is not designed to be launched vertically
-does not have DSMAC/TERCOM

And guess what genius, Pakistan Navy ordered 120 YJ-62s back in 2009. Now why would we do that if we already had "license-production"?

And on top of all that, want to enlighten us all that how exactly did Pakistan make a much better "licensed-production" cruise missile than YJ-62 itself? This must put Chinese reverse-engineering to shame, no? :sarcastic:

Atleast learn to differentiate between Babur and Ra'ad before raising allegations.

Ra'ad has such tail configuration because PAF had been satisfied with the performance of the same tail-design on H-2 (South African Raptor-I/II) stand-off munition, which was license-produced by NESCOM.

I gave you the link myself which says its Ra'ad, so its all assumed to be a typo logically.

Now when I gave a link means its not an allegation, its a fact (In yr own words) by saying; PAF had been satisfied

I gave you the link myself which says its Ra'ad, so its all assumed to be a typo logically.

Now when I gave a link means its not an allegation, its a fact (In yr own words) by saying; PAF had been satisfied
So you are saying that somehow South Africa had a big hand in development of Ra'ad, just because the tails match? Seriously?
Its a frickin' tail, not a turbojet engine or a guidance system.

-does not have DSMAC/TERCOM

How does it work in Babur, from where does Pakistan get its contour Maps..Pakistan does not posses any radar mapping satellites, Pakistan will be unable to map its own country much less an enemy country to pre feed it into the missile?

How does it work in Babur, from where does Pakistan get its contour Maps..Pakistan does not posses any radar mapping satellites, Pakistan will be unable to map its own country much less an enemy country to pre feed it into the missile?
The all-weather friend, China. This is not confirmed, but its the only possible source.

ndia’s Nirbhay blasts off like a rocket and unlike from other missiles it turns into the aircraft.After its launch in early flights the rocket falls off and small wings get deployed.At that time gas turbine comes into work and it turns into full aircraft.It cannot be jammed as it operates on fire and forget system

WTF :omghaha: :omghaha:

Who wrote that BS? I mean every cruise missile works like that. It's not something Nirbhay does

The true difference b/w Tomahawk and South Asian's LACM is former can target moving objects with the inclusion of a ESM seeker while later can only target stationary objects for now.

It took Pakistan 8 years from first test to Operationalizing the Babur.

India would need 6 years If it sticks to the basic and evolve LACM with stationary target capability. If DRDO wants to become ambitious and go after a Seeker in Nirbhay, then I would add another 2 years in program until it becomes operationalize

There is already an X band SAR seeker,developed for retrofitting with Nirbhay LACM brother.Thank you,come again.

The all-weather friend, China. This is not confirmed, but its the only possible source.

So in a war, If Babur missiles flies or not will depend, if China agrees to supply Pakistan with Contour maps to the intended targets? Puts a real spanner in the workings.

Another question remains, if Pakistan did not have the ability to produce contour maps..why did bother developing a missile, that needed them?

This is what thousands of years of humiliation, destruction, and enslavement to Muslims can do to hindus. Hindus are a weak people, always suffering from inferiority complex, and deep frustration on what superior Islamic peoples did to inferior hindus over thousands of years.

feel sad for hindus.

Wow!!Jsu Wow!!That's rich coming out of the piehole of a fellow whose origin itself is questionable at best!!I mean,come on now,the whole world knows how you Pakistanis became muslims!!Basically,majority of the present day Pakistanis are product of bastards since your ancestors have been ravaged and raped by different barbarians time and again,be it by the Arabs,the central asians or the Afghans!!And here you have the audacity to lecture us Indians about our humiliation!!Just great!!

So in a war, If Babur missiles flies or not will depend, if China agrees to supply Pakistan with Contour maps to the intended targets? Puts a real spanner in the workings.
Of course not, Pakistan already would have access to the contour maps, because otherwise there is no point.

Another question remains, if Pakistan did not have the ability to produce contour maps..why did bother developing a missile, that needed them?

Again, why worry about the capability to produce contour maps if you can get it easily from a friend nation? Pakistan developed this weapon to add variety to the delivery platforms for nuclear weapons, thus making its nuclear deterrence stronger and robust.

Answer to your question: The fact is this.......it was a co-development project. Pakistan provided the crashed Tomahawks that had fallen in its territory. Then China got to work and did all reverse engineering. That is co-operation for you.

Answer to your question: The fact is this.......it was a co-development project. Pakistan provided the crashed Tomahawks that had fallen in its territory. Then China got to work and did all reverse engineering. That is co-operation for you.
No, thats not how it happened. True that one or two samples were passed on to China, but they didn't give anything back.
It took NESCOM 4 years of flight testing before they could make the system reliable enough. And 9 years after the first flight test, Babur still lags behind other similar systems (not only on the turbojet).
Now would that be the case if China helped? I don't think so.

No, thats not how it happened. True that one or two samples were passed on to China, but they didn't give anything back.
It took NESCOM 4 years of flight testing before they could make the system reliable enough. And 9 years after the first flight test, Babur still lags behind other similar systems (not only on the turbojet).

Is it just exactly like that? :)
Who made the FCS, the guidance system..... and what else.
Anyway; we do have a clear idea by now--- who made what and how much.

Is it just exactly like that? :)
Who made the FCS, the guidance system..... and what else.
Anyway; we do have a clear idea by now--- who made what and how much.
Yes it is :), I don't post nationalistic cr@p.
NESCOM and its subsidiaries, along with a private firm. But of course some sort of assistance is always there (turbojet).
You are free to believe whatever you want to. :)

Nirbhay is not operational and therefore tomahawk and Babur are better than Nirbhay.

Where did Pakistan procure magnetic field maps required for Navigation over water? I doubt even china has detailed Magnetic imaging data of Indian ocean.

Is that the reason there has been no Naval version of Babur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom