What's new

USA C17 GlobalMaster had landed at CHENGDU Airport yesterday

Military transports are often used for very benign purposes. Sometimes, outsized cargo MUST be shipped by airplanes like the C-17 because there is no commercial transport that can do the job.

Whatever it is, it's totally innocent and obviously coordinated between governments.

Why don't people get excited over cargo ships that visit ports? These ships could hold 1,000 X the "secret eavesdropping gear" than any airplane. Yet Chinese and U.S. freighters visit each others' ports daily in huge numbers.

because aliens come to landing on earth and occupying china to make a base.

American force combine chinese army to destroy it.

you guy are behaving like a right idiot as usual:tdown:.this is a commercial airport not a military airbase .
Do you understand now?our PROFESSIONALS Tam Tam :sick:........

Only an idiot would think this was a surveillance mission.

Maybe a re-think on what qualifies as a Military Professional is in order??

He's a retd Indian Army Brigadier. Sad or funny your choice.

Only a prized idiot like you all would think it otherwise.

First of all, Chengdu Military Region controls most of the 'turbulent' area of China, where the US has interest.

A civil airport has nothing to do with electronic surveillance and transmitting live while in the air.

China would be the last country to allow a not so friendly nation's military aircraft to land on its military airfields.

Since most of you are cyberwarriors, let me joggle your cold storage brains.

Korean Air Lines Flight 007.

Air America.

During its existence Air America operated a diverse fleet of aircraft, the majority of which were STOL capable. There was “fluidity” of aircraft between some companies like Air America, BAA, CASI and the USAF. It was not uncommon for USAF and US Army aviation units to loan aircraft to Air America for specific missions. (Wiki).

The Hainan Island incident.

But of course, I understand your reaction since how could you agree that China can be made to look silly? Superpower in the making!!!

I also understand that what I wrote scared the living hell and wits out of you!

As far as the PDF writing Mil Professional against my name, I am not a child that it thrills me as it would thrill civilians like you all. It is the PDF's prerogative and it in no way affects what I write in my posts.

Only a prized idiot like you all would think it otherwise.

First of all, Chengdu Military Region controls most of the 'turbulent' area of China, where the US has interest.

A civil airport has nothing to do with electronic surveillance and transmitting live while in the air.

China would be the last country to allow a not so friendly nation's military aircraft to land on its military airfields.

Since most of you are cyberwarriors, let me joggle your cold storage brains.

Korean Air Lines Flight 007.

Air America.

During its existence Air America operated a diverse fleet of aircraft, the majority of which were STOL capable. There was “fluidity” of aircraft between some companies like Air America, BAA, CASI and the USAF. It was not uncommon for USAF and US Army aviation units to loan aircraft to Air America for specific missions. (Wiki).

The Hainan Island incident.

But of course, I understand your reaction since how could you agree that China can be made to look silly? Superpower in the making!!!

I also understand that what I wrote scared the living hell and wits out of you!

As far as the PDF writing Mil Professional against my name, I am not a child that it thrills me as it would thrill civilians like you all. It is the PDF's prerogative and it in no way affects what I write in my posts.

So you actually still think the C-17 is there for surveillance?

So you actually still think the C-17 is there for surveillance?

I am not sure, but I do not rule out the possibility. I will also concede that I do not know what the aircraft is doing there or is there some good reasons for China to allow the overflight and landing.

My stand alone speculation is based on the visitation of a US aircraft that is capable of shorter take off and landing than normal aircraft of its size, to Chengdu, a very sensitive military region.

It is more so, given the recent issues in Xinjiang, and the installation of the new Tibetan PM who is from the US and who has given rather belligerent a speech.

Further, when one takes another nation as an adversary or not too friendly, then one has to be more careful than otherwise.

There is a whole lot of problems in Western China = Tibetans, Uighurs etc.

There are satellites and other means too.

But nothing can beat a hands on effort.

The US senate hearings on Iraq lament that there was no Human Intelligence.

It is my view, but then you all being military 'experts' and 'think tanks' would know better!

Soviets used to do it and now the Middle East is doing it.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/20110705.aspx

I am not sure, but I do not rule out the possibility. I will also concede that I do not know what the aircraft is doing there or is there some good reasons for China to allow the overflight and landing.

My stand alone speculation is based on the visitation of a US aircraft that is capable of shorter take off and landing than normal aircraft of its size, to Chengdu, a very sensitive military region.

It is more so, given the recent issues in Xinjiang, and the installation of the new Tibetan PM who is from the US and who has given rather belligerent a speech.

Further, when one takes another nation as an adversary or not too friendly, then one has to be more careful than otherwise.

There is a whole lot of problems in Western China = Tibetans, Uighurs etc.

There are satellites and other means too.

But nothing can beat a hands on effort.

The US senate hearings on Iraq lament that there was no Human Intelligence.

It is my view, but then you all being military 'experts' and 'think tanks' would know better!

So while you're dreaming all of these hypothetically factors up, you failed to notice this is a civilian international airport or read the much more logical explanation given by an USAF officer in the post above yours?

Military transports are often used for very benign purposes. Sometimes, outsized cargo MUST be shipped by airplanes like the C-17 because there is no commercial transport that can do the job.

Whatever it is, it's totally innocent and obviously coordinated between governments.

Why don't people get excited over cargo ships that visit ports? These ships could hold 1,000 X the "secret eavesdropping gear" than any airplane. Yet Chinese and U.S. freighters visit each others' ports daily in huge numbers.

Or the fact that in order to land a C-17 or any plane at the international airport, the pilot would have HAD to coordinate with the Chinese ground control.

I am not here to debate this with you all.

You are entitled to your views to allay your fears.

I am merely going on what the US is capable of doing.

Civilian airports or military is immaterial.

Lastly, you are so engrossed with your new found 'power', that the stars are dazzling in your eyes and you are getting blinded.

US is not a pushover and I daresay they are fools.

If they were, then they would not be the sole superpower even now!

Sit back and have a Coke and enjoy!

They have already squeezed you with the AA+ rating.

They gave you a taste of capitalism, made your hopes rise, divided you into rural and urban divide, increased the rich and poor divide, raised the expectation of all, taught your workers to demand genuine rates of pay, then ensured manufacturing in China gets prohibitive wherein foreign companies left or leaving China for elsewhere.

Now churn that up and see where you are going!

Bon Voyage!

But take it from me - the US is no fool!

Ask the Soviets!

They did it with the SDI!

I thought the Chinese were wise and that I would not have to explain what they should have seen!

Back
Top Bottom