Krueger

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Agence France-Presse in Washington
Saturday, 01 February, 2014

paracel.jpg

Chinese naval soldiers stand guard on China's first aircraft carrier Liaoning. The United States has warned China against any move to declare a new air defence zone over parts of the South China Sea including disputed islands. Photo: Reuters

The United States warned China on Friday against any move to declare a new air defence zone over parts of the South China Sea including disputed islands.

The Asahi Shimbun daily of Japan reported that Chinese air force officials have drafted proposals for the next Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ) that could place the Paracel Islands at its core.

Any such move would be seen “as a provocative and unilateral act that would raise tensions and call into serious question China’s commitment to diplomatically managing territorial disputes,” State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters.

She stressed, however, that the reports were “unconfirmed” at this time.

Beijing claims the South China Sea almost in its entirety, even areas a long way from its shoreline.

Late last year, it caused a storm when it abruptly declared an ADIZ above the East China Sea, including islands at the heart of a sovereignty row with Tokyo.

“We’ve made very clear that parties must refrain from announcing an ADIZ or any other administrative regulation restraining activity of others in disputed territories, and we would of course urge China not to do so,” Harf added.

China put themselve on risk to do that only for testing the neighborhood responses.

I guess the response would shock China again

Just more hypocrisy from US and just another case of do as I say but don't do as I do. It's OK for them to unilaterally announce ADIZs that suit them and invade countries under false pretense but criticise China for daring to exert authority in their own backyard. The US has no credibility as a force for justice and peace anymore.

We are jealously watching while China is showing us the way of doing things correctly (furthering their national interest with extreme prejudice). China has bigger claim over the land and water surrounding Asia than the USA. Next century belongs to Asia and China is leading the way even if that has threatened many Asian nations (rightfully so). Question is can China serve it's national interest without drawing too much attention and threatening too many Asian nations? Or is China deliberately trying to draw all the attention it can?

We are jealously watching while China is showing us the way of doing things correctly (furthering their national interest with extreme prejudice). China has bigger claim over the land and water surrounding Asia than the USA. Next century belongs to Asia and China is leading the way even if that has threatened many Asian nations (rightfully so). Question is can China serve it's national interest without drawing too much attention and threatening too many Asian nations? Or is China deliberately trying to draw all the attention it can?

Why would US have rights to claim anything in Asia, Indian?

China put themselve on risk to do that only for testing the neighborhood responses.

I guess the response would shock China again

Guess what, the ECS ADIZ is still in place.

Same will happen WHEN the SCS ADIZ is established.
America and the rest of the goon squad will cry, they will send a couple of strategic bombers and 1 month later the ADIZ becomes accepted.

Why would US have rights to claim anything in Asia, Indian?

Exactly what I am saying. US has no right to claim anything in Asia. But being the most powerful nation in Asia it is China's responsibility to not create a situation that allows a foreign power to meddle into the affairs of our region. Can't China become the pivot of the next Asian century? Cannot China try bringing all Asian nations together without compromising China's national interest?

My question is: Does China benefit by letting US invent reasons to justify it's military presence in Asia including a military base in Japan? Asia belongs to the Asians.

I see that other Asians are on their knees to get backups from US. China does benefit by having a US pressure...that we have to become stronger and that we have to win...

Just more hypocrisy from US and just another case of do as I say but don't do as I do. It's OK for them to unilaterally announce ADIZs that suit them and invade countries under false pretense but criticise China for daring to exert authority in their own backyard. The US has no credibility as a force for justice and peace anymore.
The technical issues regarding what is an ADIZ, the justifications necessary, how to create one, and how to maintain one, have been debated before and the world's aviation experts agreed -- with US. Those details are obviously over your head. Must have been because of your short attention span.

I see that other Asians are on their knees to get backups from US. China does benefit by having a US pressure...that we have to become stronger and that we have to win...

How does China benefit by bringing the US into the equation? Doesn't a master tactician break and weaken the opposition before bringing it down to it's knees? I believe national ego and national interest not the one and the same thing. I also believe that Chinese policy makers know this fact because they have managed to do the right things in their country's interest so far.

All the US does is talk unless its some small, weak country that doesnt agree with her, in that case it sends a hellfire to do the talking....

more funs and increased encounters over the sky if China implements ADIZ in the SC Sea. Vietnam will never accept such rule from China. If happens, the situation will escalate to the next level.

Last edited:
All the US does is talk unless its some small, weak country that doesnt agree with her, in that case it sends a hellfire to do the talking....

I agree partly. I do not see US taking any action in near future. But a self confident and strong US (from the perspective of the current discussion) with lot many allies in Asia might think and act differently.

China is target #1 because it is the only Asian nation which can jeopardize US' interests in this region. It is not like that US is other Asian nations' friend.

Back
Top Bottom