What's new

US wants China's support on sanctions against North Korea

Foreign policy in China is still something of a work in progress and insular, that is clear. Its a big ocean China is dipping its toe into.

All I can say is this. If your next door neighbor is threatening you and abusing its kids sometimes the best way to deal with him is to kick his *** and call child protection to get the kids into a safe environment.

China's position of non involvement may be best for itself, but to the detriment of the average North Korean citizen living on grass and rations. In the end though its not about what you can get out of it, its about doing what is right.

Foreign policy in China is still something of a work in progress and insular, that is clear. Its a big ocean China is dipping its toe into.

All I can say is this. If your next door neighbor is threatening you and abusing its kids sometimes the best way to deal with him is to kick his *** and call child protection to get the kids into a safe environment.

China's position of non involvement may be best for itself, but to the detriment of the average North Korean citizen living on grass and rations. In the end though its not about what you can get out of it, its about doing what is right.

They will have to decide for themselves. It's arrogant to think that only you know the definition of right.

They will have to decide for themselves. It's arrogant to think that only you know the definition of right.

The definition of right is a universal understanding and acknowledgement among educated people.

Why dont you argue my point? Do you think a hierarchical installation of an elitist monarch that spends its money on weapons and cant feed its own people is the best option for the citizens of North Korea and for a neighbor to China?

If my neighbour is just issuing threats, I'd take note and quietly prepare for the event if the neighbour ever decides to carry out said threat and then wait. Unfortunately for the kids, they're on their own (unless they find their way into my yard). Nothing good will come when meddling in other people's business.

If my neighbour is just issuing threats, I'd take note and quietly prepare for the event if the neighbour ever decides to carry out said threat and then wait. Unfortunately for the kids, they're on their own (unless they find their way into my yard). Nothing good will come when meddling in other people's business.

Guess thats where we differ then, its not only Australian law, its also moral conscience that if you are in the position power or privy to advice of child abuse then you must advise the relevant authorities of the situation.

So according to your logic, a child could be sodomized on your neighbours lawn but until it spills over to yours you wont do anything about it?

Guess thats where we differ then, its not only Australian law, its also moral conscience that if you are in the position power or privy to advice of child abuse then you must advise the relevant authorities of the situation.

So according to your logic, a child could be sodomized on your neighbours lawn but until it spills over to yours you wont do anything about it?

I'm not sure on Canadian law regarding cases of domestic abuse. If Canadian law dictates that I must intervene then I will. However, when we are dealing with nations (other than your own), I would not do anything until it spills over the border. So cases like Libya, Syria, etc... I would not get involved.

When nato missile shield works %100 againts missile threats , protect SK-USA and other allies something can be done to NK.

I'm not sure on Canadian law regarding cases of domestic abuse. If Canadian law dictates that I must intervene then I will. However, when we are dealing with nations (other than your own), I would not do anything until it spills over the border. So cases like Libya, Syria, etc... I would not get involved.

Of course not FairAndUnbiased..oh sorry I mean canadian icehole. Canadian Child Welfare laws are very similiar to Australian, we are basically the same country on opposite sides of the world.
Which means you would be obligated to report abusive even tho it is against your will.

When nato missile shield works %100 againts missile threats , protect SK-USA and other allies something can be done to NK.

Its already a done deal....just need the card player with the joker up their sleeve to co-operate now..

One unless your neighbor does anything to you there is noting to do and in the second scenario once you kick his ..... there is no need for the whole child protection because it's not your responsibility.
It's not China's responsibility to care for the 20 million North Korean's it's their leaders, China has told the Kim's many times to open their country up but it simply has not worked.

The definition of right is a universal understanding and acknowledgement among educated people.

Why dont you argue my point? Do you think a hierarchical installation of an elitist monarch that spends its money on weapons and cant feed its own people is the best option for the citizens of North Korea and for a neighbor to China?

You know, if we go like that, I think we should look at India. First, North Korea only had 3 leaders with the same last name. India has had 4. Second, more people starve to death in India every year than have starved to death in North Korea for the entire later half of the 20th century. Thirdly, it is not just North Korea buying billion dollar Rafales and working on its illegal missile program outside the NPT despite 50% of its population below the poverty line.

Indeed, before 2007, North Korea had a higher GDP per capita than India. You should really be concerned about the Indian regime's illegal weapons and brutal starvation of its people.

Back
Top Bottom