What's new

US Wants BD to Deploy Troops in Afghanistan

Von Hölle;1160928 said:
Well I hope this not the, official Bangladeshi policy if indeed Bangladesh decides to send it troops.
Bangladesh will sending it troops at Karzai govt's invitation.

You won't willing to create waves by asking for new elections or change of regime?..would you ?

BD govt has just received this friendly call from the USA. BD has to follow protocol, it will certainly not go there without a formal invitation by the GoA. But, if and when GoB accepts a formal invitation it will not be without first setting conditions, for sure. For example, conducting a free and fair election should also constitute a condition.

It will take many months before BD govt can take any final decision. It will have also to talk with other participating Muslim countries as well. I personally agree with the current US proposal if the alcohol-drinking and pig-eating Christian troops are out by a certain date, and other Muslim countries also take part in this mission. I wish the joint mission a success.

BANGLADESH dont even have a single landing ship,there economy will crumble by the deployment ....think wisely madam ji

A troop participation by BD will somehow neutralize Indian influence there.
lol

Most of the Afghans don't even know the name of BD, let alone influence. Before posting, learn what is called 'influence'. Except US no one currently has any sort good influence on Afghanistan.

It will be a diplomatic victory for both BD and Pakistan. A pacified Afghanistan is a pre-requisite for Pakistan to make further economic development.

Why do you bother? BD govt is doing everything to help India. For last few days BD police and RAB made good job by capturing nearly 50 ULFA militants and handing over them to Indian authorities. :smokin:

Troops only from the Muslim countries must go to Afghanistan, but under UNO banner only, and no western or non-Muslim UN Officers should be allowed to lead any of these units.

Troops from Muslim countries will not make any differences.

U.S. asks Bangladesh to deploy troops in Afghanistan

The United States has called upon Bangladesh to deploy "combat troops" in Afghanistan to support its efforts to ensure security and stability in the war-ravaged country.

According to a statement of Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued here Sunday, the request was made during a meeting between Bangladeshi Foreign Minister Dipu Moni and U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke in New York on Sept. 23.

"Bangladesh is one of the U.S.' most important friends and it needs help of friends like Bangladesh to ensure security and stability in Afghanistan," Holbrooke was quoted as saying in the statement.

"He sought for any kind of help like deploying combat troops, providing economic and development assistance or giving training among the law enforcement agencies," it said.

According to the statement, in this connection, Bangladeshi Foreign Minister Moni said that the country has already offered to send teachers and doctors in Afghanistan. "She assured Holbrooke that the Foreign Ministry will follow up the issue," the statement said.

Link:

U.S. asks Bangladesh to deploy troops in Afghanistan - People's Daily Online
=========================================
My issue is with combat troops. Combat engagements will certainly make life difficult for people doing NGO work such as BRAC.

The United States has called upon Bangladesh to deploy "combat troops" in Afghanistan to support its efforts to ensure security and stability in the war-ravaged country.

According to a statement of Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued here Sunday, the request was made during a meeting between Bangladeshi Foreign Minister Dipu Moni and U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke in New York on Sept. 23.

"Bangladesh is one of the U.S.' most important friends and it needs help of friends like Bangladesh to ensure security and stability in Afghanistan," Holbrooke was quoted as saying in the statement.

"He sought for any kind of help like deploying combat troops, providing economic and development assistance or giving training among the law enforcement agencies," it said.

According to the statement, in this connection, Bangladeshi Foreign Minister Moni said that the country has already offered to send teachers and doctors in Afghanistan. "She assured Holbrooke that the Foreign Ministry will follow up the issue," the statement said.

Link:

My issue is with combat troops. Combat engagements will certainly make life difficult for people doing NGO work such as BRAC.

That would be more right. But again i would say that if US/NATO pull out then replacing will be good for rebuilding

lol

Most of the Afghans don't even know the name of BD, let alone influence. Before posting, learn what is called 'influence'. Except US no one currently has any sort good influence on Afghanistan.

Why do you bother? BD govt is doing everything to help India. For last few days BD police and RAB made good job by capturing nearly 50 ULFA militants and handing over them to Indian authorities. :smokin:

Troops from Muslim countries will not make any differences.

Awsome ! We are helping India, what a wonderful country Bangladesh is !!!!

Million dollar question is if bangadesh refuses to do so.....I dont see much benefit to bangladesh in deploying a regular troops there......

An Afghan misssion may not bring direct benefit to BD, but the Afghan issue must be solved. In such a hilarious job if the world community needs our service, it is okay for us. Many of our troops die in UN missions overseas. Some by bullets, some by land mines and some by pure accidents. But, most of our military personnels like to join these missions. Afghanistan will not be an exception. Bullets are same everywhere.

Not only our military personnels, our police are also actively participating in these missions. Even our Ansars (paramilitary troops) are strongly demanding to take part in foreign missions, it has become a prestige issue for them. Now, the ball is in the court of GoB.

Link:

soooooooooooooooooo people daily copied the same thing :blink

INDIA already rebuilding in big way but some nation still find HARD TO DIGEST

Also it will being Pak and BD closer.
With recently increased indian intrest in BD, i was suspecious something was cooking in releation to afghanistan

It will be a bonus if a BD involvement in Afghanistan strengthens the relationship between BD and Pakistan.

I think its not a joke....Many analyst from long time are saying that to solve Afghanistan problem those MUSLIM countries should be involved which have no stake in Afghanistan.....Involving India is Pakisans objection, Pakistani troops ANA dont like them, NATO US Taliban dont like them and also many afghans as well....

If Muslim armies from countries like Bangladesh and Indonesia and Malaysia will come under teh flag of UN the taliban might not be that harsh on them.....A way forward can be seen this way...A way in which every one is a winner...

However UN flag is still missing here...

UN will be O.K but I think under OIC banner may be more fruitful. I am sure Taliban will not have any problem with OIC troops. I am actually waiting for the day when all Muslim nation combined their resources to overcome the burdening issue out of Islamic world. We have potential to over come any situation. We just need political commitment.

Tahlil1.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom