What's new

US want to kill more Pakistan people

I certainly share your concerns for those innocent people killed in the attacks. Definitely the people will get angry. But if the government goes on to the world stage and make assurances and follows it with actions on ground, US will have a reason to withdraw without losing face in their own homeland.

I see the problem like this. US is getting attacked by terrorists staying in ****** border and US feels that Pakistan won't be able to handle them. If Pakistan can handle those terrorists, then even American Media will stress on removing the troops. And i feel that's very much in Pakistan's hands, than worsening the relations with US. So the intelligent people can create a mass movement convincing the government to take a stand like that. I was just curious, whether anyone feel the same way over there?

If you really want to find the truth....then compare the terrorist exchange........how many came from Afghanistan to Pakistan after training and how many went to Afghanistan......rest America is far away......In this so called War on Terror Pakistan has more casualities amd more destruction than anybody else.....american see just their own peoples .....their media screem if one american die....but they even not fly a fly from there ears....when they heard 26 soldiers are killed by direct attack or 40 or 100 peoples died in drone attack......and this war if NATO and american even spend more 10 years in Afghanistan they will never win.....you can't win a war when you are telling the peoples something else but your agenda is something else....you really think americans are in this area just for Al-Qaida........who thinks that ......living in the world of fools.

No its not. unless you want to lie

How many videos are released by right wing extremists pretending to be devout muslims openly calling for attacking and murdering US citizens? Or would you consider them as lies?

How many videos are released by right wing extremists pretending to be devout muslims openly calling for attacking and murdering US citizens? Or would you consider them as lies?

They do it with soldiers uniforms on.

If US doesn't agree with Pakistan's demands, US will cross the red lines to kill more without permission of Pakistan. That's illegal according the laws.
Under post-9/11 international law (UNSCR 1373) it isn't illegal for the U.S. to strike at terrorists without the permission of the government that tolerates them; in such a case sovereignty doesn't apply. Haven't you noticed the near-total lack of support for Pakistan's position in international forums and from "friends" like China? Since Pakistani sovereignty doesn't apply Pakistan's complaints are, quite literally, not even worth acknowledging or commenting on by the world's diplomats.

Under post-9/11 international law (UNSCR 1373) it isn't illegal for the U.S. to strike at terrorists without the permission of the government that tolerates them; in such a case sovereignty doesn't apply. Haven't you noticed the near-total lack of support for Pakistan's position in international forums and from "friends" like China? Since Pakistani sovereignty doesn't apply Pakistan's complaints are, quite literally, not even worth acknowledging or commenting on by the world's diplomats.
UNSCR 1373 does not allow any State to make a unilateral determination of 'terrorism emanating from another state' and allow it to attack that State. If that were the case, any rogue State could militarily attack another State claiming that it was 'responding to terrorism'.

The UN articles governing 'Self Defence' are also very clear that any State taking military action in another State under the guise of 'Self Defence' must report such actions to the UN, which the US has not done, nor has the UN issued any supporting resolutions allowing US military activity on Pakistani soil under the guise of terrorism.

UNSCR 1373 does not allow any State to make a unilateral determination -
It doesn't need to. The U.S. publicly says it employs drone strikes in self-defense. That's covered under the Charter so that's enough. No additional supporting resolutions are necessary.

Of course, if Pakistan wanted to proclaim your position all it would have to do is speak up as it currently has a SC seat. I imagine the U.S. representative would then simply repeat what has already been said publicly but to an even larger audience. Pakistan hasn't done that, probably because it's just too embarrassing.

Of course, if Pakistan wanted to proclaim your position all it would have to do is speak up as it currently has a SC seat. I imagine the U.S. representative would then simply repeat what has already been said publicly but to an even larger audience. Pakistan hasn't done that, probably because it's just too embarrassing.

Sometimes silence says a lot more than words ever could.

Didn't see anywhere it says U.S. wants to kill more Pakistanis by Leon's comments. I can write it as U.S. wants to kill more terrorists like Osama.

thats intentional to attract viewership. looking at newly freed media of Pakistan you can also see a teenage mentality of "getting back at controlling parents". media does it by showing unedited uncensored video footages of the terrorist propaganda and their atrocities. this expression of freedom is getting back at 50 odd years of state censorship.

regarding US drone policy I have a mixed view.

we lack control over our tribal areas, our soldiers and civilians are routinely picked up and beheaded and blown up by the Taliban
and then we have our allies who are busy with their drone that are causing a lot of collateral damage too.

my main dislike is the constant bickering and b1tching between Pakistan and the United States and the only party benefiting here are the terrorists who have no regard for life.
we are busy blaming each other for the lack of success on either sides of the border and to be fair we both have valid reasons for that.

for me the first step is to ensure that we are not acting against each other. once that is confirmed, we can build confidence to actually cooperate and succeed together like we did right in the beginning.

it is really hard for us to satisfy the American concerns regarding the Haqqani Taliban in Waziristan but likewise we are also finding disturbing evidences of foreign support of the TTP who get tipped off before the attacks and the kind of weapons and equipment we have recovered that even our special forces dont have with them.
I am talking about armour piercing bullets, sophisticated tactical gear including comms and night vision equipment that is not available in any black markets in the region. and I am not talking about one or two isolated incidents to dismiss that as a one off.

our forces are constantly finding weapons and gear in use of the TTP that can only be supplied at state level. also these TTP seem to operate in the areas that are under the constant drone patrol and it seems these drone either act as guardian angles or become blind

it wont be fair if I dont mention our own skeletons e.g. Osama living with his three wives and unknown number of maids and servants so deep in Pakistan within or without our knowledge and most probabily Al Zwahiri too.

Sometimes silence says a lot more than words ever could.

I think

(as if its of any worth)

we should be beyond that. be pragmatic and start with the loss minimisation ... rest is the repeat of what I said already
trust
cooperation
and mutual agreement on regional goals

Didn't see anywhere it says U.S. wants to kill more Pakistanis by Leon's comments. I can write it as U.S. wants to kill more terrorists.
But these fellas are Pakistanis, right? They ain't from Mars! :cheesy:

.............. we are also finding disturbing evidences of foreign support of the TTP who get tipped off before the attacks and the kind of weapons and equipment we have recovered that even our special forces dont have with them.
I am talking about armour piercing bullets, sophisticated tactical gear including comms and night vision equipment that is not available in any black markets in the region. and I am not talking about one or two isolated incidents to dismiss that as a one off.

our forces are constantly finding weapons and gear in use of the TTP that can only be supplied at state level. .............

A question: Could these be sourced from the NATO containers that allegedly went missing in Pakistan per a story several months ago? After all, the bara bazars are full of winter jackets and night visions goggles, are they not?

The Lyari operation also witnessed the use of heavy ammo and sophisticated weaponry and ammo by the terrorists, according to news reports and policemen.

ANd those were from BLA and Taliban according to police.

I think

(as if its of any worth)

we should be beyond that. be pragmatic and start with the loss minimisation ... rest is the repeat of what I said already
trust
cooperation
and mutual agreement on regional goals

Much has happened to erode trust on both sides, and both sides are also paying a great price for those breaches. I agree with you that both sides must work as you suggest to rebuild this partnership. There is no other realistic alternative.

One day soon the US will have to answer for the cold blooded murder of hundreds of civilians by the US Drones.

A question: Could these be sourced from the NATO containers that allegedly went missing in Pakistan per a story several months ago?

valid point

cant dismiss that
but that issue is reported to me by someone I know is involved in the operations over a longer period of time so like I said cant dismiss it as once or twice of an occurrences. that answered my question why our SSG has such higher casualties despite wearing body armor and his answer was that the way TTP uses AP bullets it seems that they have an unlimited supply of them.
these bullets go through concrete like knife does through butter and our armor has no support against these.

you can also see their handiwork in Karachi where they pierced the police armoured cars like they were made of paper, and surprise surprise the captured smugglers were found out to be BLA operatives (yet another beneficiary of Uncle Sam) Shahzain was captured in broad day light with a cache of weapons upon his return from Afghanistan and one wonders how he escaped the drones and the twitchy fingers of NATO and ANA troops although as any patriot American will put it.. "he looks exactly the same as any other damn terrorist".

I hate conspiracy stories but I cant dismiss the claims of the people who are actually having to fight these elements that possibily might be getting some help from our "allies".

Back
Top Bottom