What's new

US too has suffered from terrorism emanating from Pakistan: Ashton Carter

Please elaborate

There is a saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Besides, U.S has the best weapon technology out there. And we cant say no to that.

People need to understand that the top people in the military does not have any special love for US, they just understand the ground reality.

Of course not, US has the complete Pakistani establishment in its pocket...

I could responded to that, but then... just see my signature.

Besides, U.S has the best weapon technology out there. And we cant say no to that.

People need to understand that the top people in the military does not have any special love for US, they just understand the ground reality.
You are right my friend but as per famous US doctrine there are no enemies /Friends there is only mutual benefit .So thing is we are trying to keep US as our friend but US has more interest with India at the moment so what ever we do the result will be same .In 1980 we were buddies ,in 1990s we were Sanctioned in 2000 we were best friends again in 2010 on ward we are rogue nation :P so its better to go some where who can at least veto for you (Mother Russia /China)

so its better to go some where who can at least veto for you (Mother Russia /China)

keep your friends close

You are right my friend but as per famous US doctrine there are no enemies /Friends there is only mutual benefit .So thing is we are trying to keep US as our friend but US has more interest with India at the moment so what ever we do the result will be same .In 1980 we were buddies ,in 1990s we were Sanctioned in 2000 we were best friends again in 2010 on ward we are rogue nation :P

and your enemies closer.

This is what I meant. India - US relations are not going to be (much of) the problem for Pakistan. That is aimed at China.

there is a certain reason why a lot of radical islamists come from the region. It may or may not be true that either USA or Saudi Arabia has either funded/ grown such people, but it is entirely true that such people exist or can be "asset-ised" in those regions. Why is that the case? Why have you not found such radicalized elements in such alarming numbers from say - Malaysia or Indonesia? or may be even Bangladesh?

Major source of such people comes form Pakistan tribal areas, some regions of Afghanistan that border Pakistan (some coincidence there!).

A new emerging location is the Yemen/ISIL region but that still can be attributed to the unstable nature of those locations. The tribal regions of Pakistan produce these bigots despite being relatively stable. Now why is that the case?

This is what I meant. India - US relations are not going to be (much of) the problem for Pakistan. That is aimed at China.
This is where you are missing the big picture .India has ambition to take down Pakistan with US tech /influence on its side we are left with nothing except for going to CHina CPEC is an example .So do you think India US relationships are China centric Us Yes ,India No

This is where you are missing the big picture .India has ambition to take down Pakistan with US tech /influence on its side we are left with nothing except for going to CHina CPEC is an example .So do you think India US relationships are China centric Us Yes ,India No

I can see that picture. That's why I said (much of). That "(much of)" meant US's selling of weapon systems to India. U.S is not going to do much more than that.

Their weapons are going to be a problem for us, but that is nothing new.

We will always be able to get access to U.S weapon tech. Regardless of India's protests.

If India wants to influence U.S decisions, they will have to play by U.S's rules and collide with China :)

That is going to be a doom for them.

We know that.
China knows that.
U.S knows that.

India seems to think otherwise though :D

But Pakistan should strongly protest to this statement. Enough with tolerating this bullsh!t.

Well, there you are. Pakistan won't and at the end part of that is because it doesn't really mean anything.

I could responded to that, but then... just see my signature.

You could do a lot of things, just see my signature

I agree, the twisted and largely misinterpreted statement is for idiot Indians consumption and that's it.

First we need to kick out this carter a$$ then we should ask US why they are providing Naval frigates,AMRAAM ,F16 etc etc .Is it to fight against Talibans on flying Carpet ?

This statement would neither please Indians nor Pakistanis.

Do not know what was the purpose or who is advising him in making such statements.

NEW DELHI: Staunchly supporting India's counter-terrorism efforts and strongly condemning terrorism emanating from anywhere in India, defense secretary Ashton Carter on Tuesday said the US too has suffered from terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

"We too have suffered from terrorism emanating from territory of Pakistan, most significantly in Afghanistan, and who do it should be brought to justice and brought to account," said Carter while addressing a joint press conference with defence minister Manohar Parrikar after holding bilateral talks.

Explaining the US relations with Pakistan, he said, "We have a relationship with Pakistan which we value and we also pursue it in our interest. We have no intention in conflict between India and Pakistan in anyway."
"Our relationship to Pakistan is principally directed to counter terrorism and that includes the things we do with the Pakistani military. Our principal interest is in working with Pakistan on terrorism and I think that's the concern India shares as well," he said.

Maintaining that the US overall policy towards India was completely different from the way it was decades ago, Carter said, "It is a thing of the past for us to think about India only in relation to Pakistan or Pakistan in only relation to India. That's the distant past."

"We have a different vision of India; if describing, one of the defining partnerships of the 21st century in which all sorts of things are going to be possible in the future as we share many interests," said Carter while dispelling apprehensions in India over the US offer to sell F-16 fighter aircraft to Pakistan.

"And one thing I could add is the more we work with Indian military on projects of the crime we discussed today, and technology to help protect our two societies from terrorism. The American position on terrorism affecting India is clear and unequivocal," he added.
US too has suffered from terrorism emanating from Pakistan: Ashton Carter - Times of India

so basically he is saying "who the FFFF are you, we have suffered by the hands of Pakistanis and we cant do anything about it" ..... right??

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom