What's new

US to table UN Resolution against Sri Lanka over War Crimes

Dude, those US army personnel who were video/photographed doing objectionable things have been promptly identified and punished accordingly. What has Sri Lanka done to those who've carried out these atrocities?

And it's amply clear that Prabhakaran's son was caught alive by Sri Lankan personnel and it's amply clear he later wound up dead. What has Sri Lanka done about this other than bitch about daily that the evidence is fake? No amount of your sugar-coating can mask the fact that many of Sr Lankan forces committed war crimes of varying degree.

SL judiciary object isn't to 'punish' people.

Our aim is correction, rehabilitation and reintegration into society.

We don't punish people.

SL judiciary object isn't to 'punish' people.

Our aim is correction, rehabilitation and reintegration into society.

We don't punish people.

Correction: You don't punish Sinhalas. You've punished the Tamilians enough already.

Correction: You don't punish Sinhalas. You've punished the Tamilians enough already.

Nobody was 'punished'

There may have been some unavoidable and unintentional contact with Tamils in the process of executing a legitimate court order served upon the military.

Nobody was 'punished'

There may have been some unavoidable and unintentional contact with Tamils in the process of executing a legitimate court order served upon the military.

Sugar-coat level : Epic to the point of sounding demented.

The charges being raised are about avoidable and intentional extra-judicial atrocities. Leave aside the collateral damage, as it isn'y even being considered.

The charges being raised are about avoidable and intentional extra-judicial atrocities. Leave aside the collateral damage, as it isn'y even being considered.

If you knew the guy's posting history, you know this guy is dodgy as hell (like defending rape :blink: )

You are wasting your time

I agree if there were extra judicial engagements between combatants and the SLA, there should be a process of redress.

But the reality is, there is no credible evidence to conclude this.

Dude, those US army personnel who were video/photographed doing objectionable things have been promptly identified and punished accordingly. What has Sri Lanka done to those who've carried out these atrocities?

And it's amply clear that Prabhakaran's son was caught alive by Sri Lankan personnel and it's amply clear he later wound up dead. What has Sri Lanka done about this other than bitch about daily that the evidence is fake? No amount of your sugar-coating can mask the fact that many of Sr Lankan forces committed war crimes of varying degree.

1. None of the videos or pictures do not have any identifiable SLA soldiers. There is no single SLA soldier in Prabha's son's photos. The execution video has no identifiable SLA soldiers.
Regarding prabhakaran's son's pic, the pics only have a live kid and a dead kid. It doesnt say anything about the killer.

2. CH4 is reluctant to give original videos and pictures to the SL gov. why? then only SL can start investigations.
3. And i believe SLA may well have executed ltte cadres. That is natural and happens in all wars all over the world. However that doesnt amount to war crimes because it is not a gover policy. If it was a gov policy they wouldnt have accepted 13000+ ex ltte cardes and released them after rehabilitation.
4. The reality is US is engaged in a different game. US clearly knows SL hasnt committed war crimes at the level they talk. Wikileaks itself prove that.

and where have i done sugar coating? The reality is SL hasnt done major war crimes or any crimes against humanity as it is accused by western propaganda media. SL army have done crimes but we just need to investigate them and punish them. But no SL didnt do what americans re saying.

1. None of the videos or pictures do not have any identifiable SLA soldiers. There is no single SLA soldier in Prabha's son's photos. The execution video has no identifiable SLA soldiers.
Regarding prabhakaran's son's pic, the pics only have a live kid and a dead kid. It doesnt say anything about the killer.

2. CH4 is reluctant to give original videos and pictures to the SL gov. why? then only SL can start investigations.
3. And i believe SLA may well have executed ltte cadres. That is natural and happens in all wars all over the world. However that doesnt amount to war crimes because it is not a gover policy. If it was a gov policy they wouldnt have accepted 13000+ ex ltte cardes and released them after rehabilitation.
4. The reality is US is engaged in a different game. US clearly knows SL hasnt committed war crimes at the level they talk. Wikileaks itself prove that.

and where have i done sugar coating? The reality is SL hasnt done major war crimes or any crimes against humanity as it is accused by western propaganda media. SL army have done crimes but we just need to investigate them and punish them. But no SL didnt do what americans re saying.

I guess you haven't seen any of the Ch 4 videos. There are many soldiers whose faces are visible, and it's no big deal for the Army to figure out which battalion was in which area of operations. Anyways, I can understand your denial. But don't expect anyone neutral to toe your line.

I guess you haven't seen any of the Ch 4 videos. There are many soldiers whose faces are visible, and it's no big deal for the Army to figure out which battalion was in which area of operations. Anyways, I can understand your denial. But don't expect anyone neutral to toe your line.

i dont ask you to toe my line, i am just explaining u.
Yes there are identifiable SL soldiers but in different videos.
This is how it is done. CH4 inserts a video SL army clearing dead bodies of LTTE - the faces are identifiable then next they insert a different video clip of execution, then another picture of battle field. Any viewer would think both are from the same army. That is why it is a propaganda video.

Yes i have watched CH4 and the speaker deliberately lies in the video. The translation between tamil and english is not correct at all. CH4's authenticity is very much questionable as CH4 art directer is married to an ex LTTE in UK. These are all politics so it is stupid to believe everything you see.

i dont ask you to toe my line, i am just explaining u.
Yes there are identifiable SL soldiers but in different videos.
This is how it is done. CH4 inserts a video SL army clearing dead bodies of LTTE - the faces are identifiable then next they insert a different video clip of execution, then another picture of battle field. Any viewer would think both are from the same army. That is why it is a propaganda video.

Yes i have watched CH4 and the speaker deliberately lies in the video. The translation between tamil and english is not correct at all. CH4's authenticity is very much questionable as CH4 art directer is married to an ex LTTE in UK. These are all politics so it is stupid to believe everything you see.

I knew about that, and I too don't place their particular interest in this matter as genuine interest in investigative journalism. But some of the evidences go beyond questioning to prove that some, if not all, of SL troops indulged in war crimes. I seriously don't believe we'll reach a common ground in this matter, as you are bound to defend every action of SLA and I am not. But thanks for your time and patience anyways. I'm one of those who wants strong India-SL relations, and I feel saddened that the Tamil issue continues to hijack the relationship.

I knew about that, and I too don't place their particular interest in this matter as genuine interest in investigative journalism. But some of the evidences go beyond questioning to prove that some, if not all, of SL troops indulged in war crimes. I seriously don't believe we'll reach a common ground in this matter, as you are bound to defend every action of SLA and I am not. But thanks for your time and patience anyways. I'm one of those who wants strong India-SL relations, and I feel saddened that the Tamil issue continues to hijack the relationship.

I do not defend things that cant defend. when i say CH4 videos do not show enough evidences as war crimes i mean it. tell me how do u say who the murderer is when you have a pic of a boy alive and a dead boy?

And the execution videos dont have any identifiable SLA soldier, in certian cases it is not even certian whether it is the SLA.

It's not the Tamil issue that is being an obstacle for SL-India relations but it is the stupid attention seeking politicians who are continuously taking advantage of the federal system of India. Just think for yourself how much India lost to China in Sri Lanka for the last few years all thanks to some whining politicians who just seek votes with some emotional garbage. I totally defend whatever done by SLA. We desperately needed to clean the terrorists out of the country to pave the way for development and it was successfully done.

I really wish Tamil Nadu is a separate country then we can deal head-to-head instead of them bringing their masters into every matter.

It's not the Tamil issue that is being an obstacle for SL-India relations but it is the stupid attention seeking politicians who are continuously taking advantage of the federal system of India. Just think for yourself how much India lost to China in Sri Lanka for the last few years all thanks to some whining politicians who just seek votes with some emotional garbage. I totally defend whatever done by SLA. We desperately needed to clean the terrorists out of the country to pave the way for development and it was successfully done.

I really wish Tamil Nadu is a separate country then we can deal head-to-head instead of them bringing their masters into every matter.

And the issue won't rest until some semblance of justice is also provided for the SL Tamils.
Unless Sri Lanka is ready to accept that it's Army behaved badly in a few instances during the War, they will continue to feel that their justice is being drowned out by the Sinhala majority, which will continue to affect India-SL ties. Believe me, most Indians are happy that the LTTE menace has ended, and that violence has ended in Sri Lanka. But if Sinhala Politicians continue to deny justice to these folks, there's every chance that another rebellion may brew against the establishment or State.

And the issue won't rest until some semblance of justice is also provided for the SL Tamils.
Unless Sri Lanka is ready to accept that it's Army behaved badly in a few instances during the War, they will continue to feel that their justice is being drowned out by the Sinhala majority, which will continue to affect India-SL ties. Believe me, most Indians are happy that the LTTE menace has ended, and that violence has ended in Sri Lanka. But if Sinhala Politicians continue to deny justice to these folks, there's every chance that another rebellion may brew against the establishment or State.
haha! We all know neither India nor retards in Tamil Nadu working for greater well being or Tamils. All are looking for votes of the stupid citizens in India who fall for any emotional crap. Anyway continue to fool yourself and we will get closer to China day by day. Whose lost in the end anyway. We only care about our benefit.

Back
Top Bottom