What's new

US to press Pakistan to 'squeeze' Haqqani network: Hillary Clinton

Brother, Haqqani network has presence in both Pakistan and Afghanistan. And Pakistani military is not doing anything about it. Therefore, the accusations. :)

Pakistan may not be doing anything, because at the moment they are not attacking Pakistan. The US will leave the region, but the Haqqanis are gonna be right there next to us.

I feel like Pakistan has a different strategy on how to handle the Haqqanis.

Pakistan may not be doing anything, because at the moment they are not attacking Pakistan. The US will leave the region, but the Haqqanis are gonna be right there next to us.

Yes! Mehsud tribe already has given us serious headache. Tussle with another tribe is not advisable.

If the greatest military power in the world cannot tame these guys! How come Pakistan can pull off a miracle?

Yes! Mehsud tribe already has given us serious headache. Tussle with another tribe is not advisable.

If the greatest military power in the world cannot tame these guys! How come Pakistan can pull off a miracle?

Once the Americans leave the region, I believe Pakistani spy agency will swiftly and effectively solve the problem.

Once the Americans leave the region, I believe Pakistani spy agency will swiftly and effectively solve the problem.
I doubt this. Afghanistan is massively split this time; Taliban vs Anti-Taliban. Both factions have support from outsiders.

Pakistan wants to settle Afghan issue before US leaves this region.

The Greatest Military Power is fighting a war half way across the world in a land locked country.

And Pakistan having the 7th largest Army cannot fight a battle with these guys on our own territory?

Isn't there something seriously wrong with the fighting condition of the Pakistani Army if that is the case?

That is your biggest misconception.

These people are snakes and they have no master.

They will continue to pursue an independent policy that of Pakistan.

Once USA withdraws and terrorist attacks continue to eminate from this region, Pakistan will be declared a state sponsor of terrorism. And Unlike Iran, we don't have oil to keep our economy afloat. That will truly be a hellish scenario for Pakistan.

Are you saying that the Haqqanis do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Pakistani Constitution?

Or are these Haqqanis some special people who can do whatever they want from Pakistani Soil and Pakistan cannot take any action against them?

Are you saying that the Haqqanis do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Pakistani Constitution?

Or are these Haqqanis some special people who can do whatever they want from Pakistani Soil and Pakistan cannot take any action against them?

You have to realize they come and go as they please, and when they come they are on the Federally Administered Tribal Areas(Fata).

Starting an operation there could severely turn the locals against the PA, and would cause damage to the rest of the country.

Are you saying you want a new suicide bombing campaign all over the country?

It is laughable. One the one side we have US. A superpower with tremendous resources and technology held up by one obscure individual named Haqqani.

On the other side, we have superpower-wannabe, India, held by one individual named Hafiz Saeed. If and only if, these individuals are removed, the superpower will win in Afghanistan and the wannabe will become a superpower.

Isn't it ironical that powerful nations are held ransom by one individual each!! Quite hilarious.

As long as there exists state sponsored terrorism such people will continue to thrive my friend !!!

but the state sponsoring them itself will sink :police:

I doubt it. Good though the ISI undoubtedly are Academic and Military consensus is that the ISI has lost control of its erstwhile allies. LeT for instance did not seem to be doing Pakistan any great favours either in 2001 or 2008. On both occasions the US and the UK had to conduct a lot of shuttle diplomacy to prevent a conflict between two nuclear armed neighbours. War would hardly have benifited either side.

You have to realize they come and go as they please, and when they come they are on the Federally Administered Tribal Areas(Fata).

Starting an operation there could severely turn the locals against the PA, and would cause damage to the rest of the country.

Are you saying you want a new suicide bombing campaign all over the country?

I don't care if they come and go across Pakistan-Afghanistan.

I only care that they don't harbor foreign terrorists or launch terrorist attacks from Pakistani soil or attack neighbouring countries.

Is that too much too ask?

If the Haqqanis want to chop each other's heads off and live in caves and have a life span of 30, I dont care. But I do care when they start harboring foreign terrorists or keep on launching terrorist attacks in which Pakistan's name get sullied.

Back
Top Bottom