What's new

US to press Pakistan to 'squeeze' Haqqani network: Hillary Clinton

faizahmad

BANNED
Reaction score
US to press Pakistan to 'squeeze' Haqqani network: Hillary Clinton - The Times of India
WASHINGTON/ISLAMABAD: The United States has said that it will continue to press Islamabad to "squeeze" the al-Qaida linked Haqqani network, as Afghanistan blamed the Pakistan-based group for the latest brazen attacks in Kabul.

Declaring "there were indications of Haqqani involvement" in the weekend attacks in the Afghan capital, secretary of state Hillary Clinton said that she had pressed Pakistan to "squeeze" the Haqqani network when she visited Islamabad last October.

"I will continue to make that point, and press it hard," Clinton was quoted by Fox News as telling reporters in the Brazilian capital Brasilia, where she described the Pakistan-based outfit as a "determined foe".

Afghan interior minister Bismillah Mohammadi had told newsmen in Kabul that one of the militants arrested during the latest attacks on the Afghan capital and three other cities had told the authorities that al-Qaeda-linked Haqqani network was behind the assaults.

The secretary of state said she had spoken to her Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar to urge her for a commitment to work closely for peace and stability in Afghanistan and also discussed the recent terrorist attacks in Kabul.

The telephonic talks between Clinton and Khar come a day ahead of a crucial meeting of Pakistan's top civilian and military leadership, who are expected to take a final decision on re-opening of logistic supply lines to Nato troops in Afghanistan

The Haqqanis should scale back as the US is about to leave Afghanistan in about a year or so.

Not surprised. US has stakes in Afghanistan too.

American government is now being ridiculous. Foreign ambassador Ryan Crocker was trying to pin the blame on Pakistan/Haqqanis, before they even supposedly caught any militants.

Washington is being insensitive as Pakistan got attacked by the Taliban at the same time as the operations in Kabul. 400 inmates from Bannu have been released after the Taliban attacked a prison.

US is losing Pakistan as an ally. Too bad.

:lol::lol:

Has the last 10 years not taught you anything? These kinda posts makes Darwin's theory more and more plausible. :lol:

Then do not cry Haqani is our enemy too..

Anyways, they are doing so by drones.

Mrs. Hillary Clinton ................ Are you kidding me ???
I thought US of A understand the Pak stance on this subject. Plus there army don't listen to government their government don't listen to Superme Court. And public opinion is against USA and in favour of Haqqani. So please enlighten up :D or you were just saying something for fun :)

There are two ways to do it if you really interested
1. Economic/aid pressure and sanction threat
2. War
I don't think USA should and could fight that many War at this time so first one is better

I really hope she is not reading this :D

American government is now being ridiculous. Foreign ambassador Ryan Crocker was trying to pin the blame on Pakistan/Haqqanis, before they even supposedly caught any militants.

Washington is being insensitive as Pakistan got attacked by the Taliban at the same time as the operations in Kabul. 400 inmates from Bannu have been released after the Taliban attacked a prison.

US is losing Pakistan as an ally. Too bad.

Dude it's opposite. Pakistan is losing a major ally for some terrorist who can never achieve anything on their own. Its one of the worst things happen to Pak after 71. It's bad for Pak

Mrs. Hillary Clinton ................ Are you kidding me ???
I thought US of A understand the Pak stance on this subject. Plus there army don't listen to government their government don't listen to Superme Court. And public opinion is against USA and in favour of Haqqani. So please enlighten up :D or you were just saying something for fun :)

There are two ways to do it if you really interested
1. Economic/aid pressure and sanction threat
2. War
I don't think USA should and could fight that many War at this time so first one is better

I really hope she is not reading this :D

Dude it's opposite. Pakistan is losing a major ally for some terrorist who can never achieve anything on their own. Its one of the worst things happen to Pak after 71. It's bad for Pak

Stop being an imbecile. Pakistan is fighting the taliban as well.

Back
Top Bottom