What's new

US to be the sole Superpower for century at least !

No one clamour for superpower title more than Indians. Your post just show that.

As for China will overtake US, its highly likely and predictable when it comes to GDP number as China's economy is growing in a faster absolute dollar amount than the US per year. Its just a near future projection after China overtakes Japan to be #2 in GDP.

On the other hand, Indians are projecting India to over take China when India's growth rate is not even matching up to China's yet. First, have a GDP growth rate that consistently surpass China before make predictions about overtaking China.

Mr. "India expert", it is China that overtook India in 1987.

There is no guarantee but anything can happen in future.

And don't tell us what we Indians think. You are always making an *** of yourself.

The US will remain as the dominant power for a very long time. Only fanboys would say otherwise :omghaha:

Economic growth, big economy, big scary military and other crap are not all it takes to become a superpower.

Power is not something that is earned, it is something to be taken and maintain that position of power over time. Period.

MY flag of origin is Indian because that is my heritage and country I left as a child when I came here close to 4 decades ago. unlike a chini noodle head like you who pretends to be Korean. A forever transplant grasshopper

Gee, I am sorry this might be personal, but you are over 40 years old and you sound rather childish, judging from your previous posts! Way too emotional and irrational to be qualified as mature adult. Also what the heck is "chini noodle head?" I didn't expect a 40 year old would call other people that.

To the topic, yes, the U.S. will continue to be influential culturally, technologically and economically, but what the heck is "superpower?" Does that mean tax payers will continue to pay tax to give aids to poor nations and station troops everywhere? It doesn't concern me since I am moving back to China soon but I don't know how average Americans feel about it.

Gee, I am sorry this might be personal, but you are over 40 years old and you sound rather childish, judging from your previous posts! Way too emotional and irrational to be qualified as mature adult. Also what the heck is "chini noodle head?" I didn't expect a 40 year old would call other people that.

To the topic, yes, the U.S. will continue to be influential culturally, technologically and economically, but what the heck is "superpower?" Does that mean tax payers will continue to pay tax to give aids to poor nations and station troops everywhere? It doesn't concern me since I am moving back to China soon but I don't know how average Americans feel about it.

He's eighteen years old.

He's eighteen years old.

not a wonder,his barking was so loud. One thing I learned from experience is that its better to listen than to bark incessantly and try to shut down debate. Which is why I am aware about Sunspot cycles and its correlation with economic activity

The US will remain as the dominant power for a very long time. Only fanboys would say otherwise :omghaha:

Economic growth, big economy, big scary military and other crap are not all it takes to become a superpower.

Power is not something that is earned, it is something to be taken and maintain that position of power over time. Period.

What makes a country a superpower then? What is the universal definition?

Military + economy + cultural soft power + powerful global allies + innovation. A superpower usually tops these.

A rich military history also helps. Also both the UK and the US have had reserve currency status.

Wikipedia has a good comparison of the USSR and USA based off such perimeters.

Super power is based on 6 factors. I've read this somewhere.

1. Economy in Trillions
2. A blue water Navy
3. Sustainable natural resources and food
4. A capable and developed Nuclear power strike anywhere on the planet when required.
5. Self sufficient Military (Indigenous)
6. must be able to conduct a global strategy including the possibility of destroying the world; to command vast economic potential and influence; and to present a universal ideology (from wiki)

Super power is based on 6 factors. I've read this somewhere.

1. Economy in Trillions
2. A blue water Navy
3. Sustainable natural resources and food
4. A capable and developed Nuclear power strike anywhere on the planet when required.
5. Self sufficient Military (Indigenous)
6. must be able to conduct a global strategy including the possibility of destroying the world; to command vast economic potential and influence; and to present a universal ideology (from wiki)

I dont agree with point 1......it must be a developed country

One more likely aspect is no troublesome neighbors so that the country can focus its resources and attention on wider issues.

Back
Top Bottom