What's new

US spies see stronger, Islamic Turkey in 2025

You just showed your lack off knowledge off erodgan Mr he is same as us but he had to face Turkish liberal and Kemalists so he is slowly moving towards goal and finally what matter for Muslims is what ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW want not erodgan or Jinah or Iqbal they will be judged in light off Quran and Sunnah

My friend, I refer you back to an earlier post in this thread where Erdogan has openly stated his support for secularism. You might want to claim Erdogan, but he has shown clearly that he is not with your anti-secular party.

In truth, he owes his position to secularism because if the government had been truly dictatorial, no Islamic leaning party would have had a chance.

This only mentions Islamic tradition, don't know why people are confusing it with Islamic law/state. The secular foundations of Turkey won't change and don't need to. It's just that some of their people are changing socially/ideologically I guess which means over time more and more people will be influenced.

I'm not sure what you mean. But I'm saying exactly that, Turkey has become the pride of Muslims world over, but it is not an Islamic state. It shows you don't have to be an Islamic state to be a healthy functioning state for Muslims.

I read the Biography of AMEER TAIMUR ....he was muslim but he was strict follower of Mongol Law, At his time world have 5 Superpowers
India - Turkey - Iran - Russia - China
He promised to himself One Day I will Conquered all Superpowers of World.....which he did...I Urge you read him
Russia 1382
Iran 1385-87
India 1398-99
Turkey 1399
China (when entered in china at age 72, he was attacked by fever & plague, died 1405)

Timur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"By 1368 the new Chinese Ming Dynasty had driven the Mongols out of China. The first Ming Emperor Hongwu and his successor Yongle demanded, and received, homage from many Central Asian states as the political heirs to the former House of Kublai. The Ming emperor's treatment of Timur as a vassal did not sit well with the conqueror. In 1394 Hongwu's ambassadors eventually presented Timur with a letter addressing him as a subject. He summarily had the ambassadors Fu An, Guo Ji, and Liu Wei detained. He then had them and their 1,500 guards executed.[73] Neither Hongwu's next ambassador, Chen Dewen (1397), nor the delegation announcing the accession of the Yongle Emperor fared any better.[73]

Timur eventually planned to conquer China. To this end Timur made an alliance with the Mongols of the Northern Yuan Dynasty and prepared all the way to Bukhara. The Mongol leader Enkhe Khan sent his grandson Öljei Temür, also known as Buyanshir Khan after he converted to Islam while he stayed at the court of Timur in Samarkand.[74] In December 1404 Timur started military campaigns against the Ming Dynasty and detained a Ming envoy. But he was attacked by fever and plague when encamped on the farther side of the Sihon (Syr-Daria) and died (age 68) at Atrar (Otrar) on 17 February 1405[75] before ever reaching the Chinese border.[76] Only after that were the Ming envoys released.[73]

Timur preferred to fight his battles in the spring. However, he died en route during an uncharacteristic winter campaign against the ruling Chinese Ming Dynasty. It was one of the bitterest winters on record. His troops are recorded as having to dig through five feet of ice to reach drinking water."

Ruined city of Otrar near Syr Daria
Farab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
69a1627d0f0f.jpg

My friend, I refer you back to an earlier post in this thread where Erdogan has openly stated his support for secularism. You might want to claim Erdogan, but he has shown clearly that he is not with your anti-secular party.

In truth, he owes his position to secularism because if the government had been truly dictatorial, no Islamic leaning party would have had a chance.

I'm not sure what you mean. But I'm saying exactly that, Turkey has become the pride of Muslims world over, but it is not an Islamic state. It shows you don't have to be an Islamic state to be a healthy functioning state for Muslims.
You can explain all you want bro, but some islamists just dont get it. Erdogan is not that kind of a muslim leader. He's just smart in using the muslim card to score points domestically and abroad. Good example; Erdogan blasts Israel about Gaza, but in the meantime trade and other relations just continue. The 'real' Turkish islamist leaders, the ones who really want to change Turkey in an islamic country, these foreign islamists are looking for only get around 3%, if not lesser, in votes. If these same foreign people here think that Turkey will become a radically changed country in the future, they will get dissapointed. Turks from left to right see what a mess a country would be if the focus of politics and/or constitution is placed on religion first. Never gonna happen again in Turkey. Dont get angry with me, am just a messenger.

Turkey election: Ruling AKP regains majority
2 hours ago

r

Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) has won a critical parliamentary election, regaining the majority it lost in June.

With almost all ballots counted, the state-run Anadolu news agency said the AKP had won 49.4% of the vote, with the main opposition CHP on 25.4%.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said voters had "shown that they prefer action and development to controversy".

The pro-Kurdish HDP crossed the 10% threshold needed to claim seats.

The nationalist MHP will also take seats in Ankara.

In a statement, President Erdogan said the electorate had "given proof of their strong desire for the unity and integrity" of Turkey.

Early on Monday, he called on the world to respect Turkey's national will.

Erdogan: Turkey's bruised battler

Lira strengthens after result

Turkey election: As it happened

Mr Erdogan called the vote after the AKP lost its parliamentary majority for the first time in 13 years in June and attempts to form a coalition government failed.

Speaking from the balcony of the AKP headquarters in the capital, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu welcomed the new result, saying: "You saw the dirty games played in our country, and you have changed the game".

Turkey election: Ruling AKP regains majority - BBC News

Turkey's population is 80 million. The median age is much lower than Europe's economic capital Germany. The economic record speaks for itself quadrupling of economy in 10 years 200 billion USD to 800 billion USD. Thousands of kilometres of fast train lanes, which is number 3-4 in the world right now in total. Thousands of kilometres of highways, every major city has metro network, world's biggest airports, the best organized and influencial diasporas spread around the world. Indiginous tank, 5th generation fighter, attack helicopter and much more.
Our potential is immense, we need skilled rulers, and we got them.

A mad dog is stronger than a dog that isn't mad. Whether frothing at the mouth and biting at anyone who comes its way until someone gets fed up and puts it down is a good thing for the dog or anyone else is an open question.

Turkey can fulminate against moderates and enable terror, but they'll never do anything other than what Islamists actually do, which is toady up to whomever has the power.

Do you think China, the US or Israel are genuinely afraid of ISIS?
Do you think they believe that a theocratic Iran is more dangerous to them and their goals than a secular Iran?
I rest my case.

Turkey rising

Being antagonistic or a pawn being fought over by others is not the same as being a power in one's own right

China rising

China will implode from social, political and environmental stresses

Saudia rising

Huh? KSA has a Stone Age political system, has no real economy other than pumping oil, and is slowly going bankrupt while dealing with massive increases in population while being unable to educate or employ its young people.

Question is ! when we will be rising?

Why would you be "rising"? Especially compared to India?

What is being completely missed here is that so far as the "rise" of Turkey and KSA is concerned, it merely means that those pieces on the chessboard are worth more to the big players - the West, Russia and China. Neither of those powers has the means to be a power in their own right, not even on the level of middling players like Israel or Brazil.

KSA/Turkey/PRC don't have the educational systems, the industrial base, the technical sophistication. KSA/Turkey file a tiny fraction as many patents as even Israel, to say nothing of Germany or the rest of Europe. China still relies heavily on plagiarism and technology theft, especially in defense technology. KSA has no ability whatsoever to build its own weapons or create anything but oil and terror. All three countries send their best young people to be educated abroad, and people with the means to settle in the West generally do so.

It's hard to communicate how far those three countries have to go to catch up. Flatly, it's not gonna happen, and certainly not under the current regimes.

What kind of Joke are you if i may ask? these are Erdogans very own words!

“Turkey defines secularism as the principle that the state is equidistant from all religions. Secularism is definitely not atheism. I recommend that Egypt too adopt a secular constitution.”

“Secularism is definitely not atheism. I, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, am Muslim, not secular. But I am the prime minister of a secular country. In a secular regime people have the freedom to be religious or not,” he continued. “Don’t be afraid of secularism. I hope the new regime in Egypt will be secular.”

“Don’t Be Afraid Of Secularism...” How Erdogan’s Egypt Tour Looks In Turkey

I wholeheartedly disagree with you in terms of having any faith in Sisi. He is a killer of democracy and nothing further need be said.

However when it comes to secularism I agree fully. I am not against sharia law , my criticism would like in its application which is depended upon scriptural interpretation. In my opinion this leads to a wide variety of verdicts for the same situation. This is not efficient

In addition the state I do not believe should have any religion. It must be entirely neutral in application of law and treatment of every citizen. In a multi religious , multi cultural , multi ethnic world there is nothing that ensure inclusivity within a nation.

A strong turkey can be staunchly Islamic but ruled via secularism without any problem.

He made this speech in Egypt visit when Mubarak was elected, well MB wasnt very pleased with his words though.

Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood criticizes Erdogan’s call for a secular state

That's fine. I have no issues with anything erdogan said. I don't have any issue with those calling for a sharia state but my personal preference is that the state should be secular.

My comment was purely regarding Sisi. He is an illegitimate leader, social or political progress can not flow from such a person. His only priority would be to cling to power by any means necessary.

Turkey rising :victory:
China rising :victory:
Saudia rising :victory:

Question is ! when we will be rising?
Valid point. South Koreas GDP per capita was 2300 in 1980. It has expanded to 30000+ now. We are exactly where we were before. Sometimes I have to agree with the belief of Ayesha Siddiqa and gang that what are our nukes for when we can't feed our people. Promises have been made by Yousuf Raza Gillani to bring education spending to 8% of gdp-still not done yet.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom