PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
US Spies See Stronger, Islamic Turkey in 2025

Thursday, June 12, 2014 09:38

6849103.jpg

spacer.gif

WASHINGTON - The National Intelligence Council, which brings together all 16 US intelligence agencies, argues in its recent report titled Global Trends 2025 that Turkey’s most likely course in the next 15 years involves a blending of Islamic and nationalist strains.

Turkey is likely to have a more prominent political and economic role internationally and economically in 2025, but it will also become more Islamic and more nationalist, the U.S. intelligence community predicted in a report released late Thursday.

The National Intelligence Council, or NIC, which brings together all 16 U.S. intelligence agencies, said in its report Ğ "Global Trends 2025" Ğ that the United States' clout was likely to decline over the next 15 to 20 years, while China and India would have a strengthened position. Russia, it predicted, could go up or down.

Muslim power
Among Muslim countries, the NIC expected "to see the political and economic power of Indonesia, Iran, and Turkey increase. "Over the next 15 years, Turkey’s most likely course involves a blending of Islamic and nationalist strains, which could serve as a model for other rapidly modernizing countries in the Middle East," it said.

The NIC said it expected secularism in the Middle East to decline in line with the Turkish example. "In the Middle East, secularism, which also has been considered an integral part of the Western model, increasingly may be seen as out of place as Islamic parties come into prominence and possibly begin to run governments," it said. "As in today’s Turkey, we could see both increased Islamization and greater emphasis on economic growth and modernization." But a more Middle Eastern and Islamic Turkey is a candidate for more important roles, the NIC said.

"Indonesia, Turkey and a post-clerically run Iran Ğ states that are predominantly Islamic, but which fall outside the Arab core Ğ appear well-situated for growing international roles," it said.

"Turkey’s recent economic track record of increased growth, the vitality of Turkey’s emerging middle class and its geo-strategic locale raise the prospect of a growing regional role in the Middle East," the NIC reported. Turkey's increasing concerns over its chances of becoming an EU member one day will likely hit planned political reforms, the agencies said. "The question of Turkey’s EU membership will be a test of Europe’s outward focus between now and 2025. Increasing doubts about Turkey’s chances are likely to slow its implementation of political and human rights reforms," the NIC said.

"Any outright rejection risks wider repercussions, reinforcing arguments in the Muslim world Ğ including among Europe’s Muslim minorities Ğ about the incompatibility of the West and Islam," it said. The NIC analysis said the current financial crisis was just the first phase of a global economic reordering. The report came nearly two months before U.S. President-elect Barack Obama formally becomes president to take on daunting tasks, ranging from the crisis to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some estimates by US intelligence wide of the mark

While the National Intelligence Council reports over the years have notched successes, like its gloomy forecast of the United States' chance of success in the Vietnam War, it is most noted for its estimates that were wide of the mark. Among estimates that proved very wrong was its opinion that Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev would not launch missiles to Cuba in 1962, even though Soviets did just that the same year in October.It failed to predict the Yom Kippur War of 1973 or the fall of the Shah of Iran in 1979.Its 1989 estimate that Saddam Hussein of Iraq would be too exhausted from an eight-year war with Iran to cast his eyes on any other neighbor for the next three years was one of the most embarrassing. It also failed to predict the fall of the Soviet Union, a failure it shared with much of the intelligence community.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/domestic/10417052.asp

Last edited:
The NIC said it expected secularism in the Middle East to decline in line with the Turkish example. "In the Middle East, secularism, which also has been considered an integral part of the Western model, increasingly may be seen as out of place as Islamic parties come into prominence and possibly begin to run governments," it said. "As in today’s Turkey, we could see both increased Islamization and greater emphasis on economic growth and modernization." But a more Middle Eastern and Islamic Turkey is a candidate for more important roles, the NIC said.
Not Only Turkey...Friend....
All Muslim Countries have strongly realized the Importance of their Islamic Heritage esp in the era of declining Capitalism

This is only natural.

Islamic World has a rich history of remaining leading cultural, political, and military power(s) of the world for centuries and centuries! Muslims never have, nor ever will, become cultural slaves to anyone else--unlike other peoples.

Out of 1400 years of its history, Islamic Civilization(s) remained global dominant civilization for 1000+ years...that is, 70%+ time of its entire existence! NO other civilization even comes close to this! In last 2000 years, West remained dominant civilization for barely 500 years (1st to 3rd century AD, 1650's onwards)...this is merely 30% time of its existence in last 2000 years...

Islamic Superpowers/Muslims remained global leaders of humanity from 7th to 18th century! Islamic Superpowers and Great powers like Early Islamic Caliphate, Ummayad Empire, Abbasid Empire, Ottoman Empire, Mughal Empire, Timurid Empire, Safavid Empire etc dominated much of known globe during this time era..just like British, Germans, French dominated much of globe after 18th century..

It is quite normal that unlike some cultures to our East, Islamic Civilization has rejected the idea of becoming slaves to West. Islamic World has a culture of its own, its own traditions, its own global outlook, and its own unique identity which is so unique that many in the rest of the world has a hard time understanding anything about Islamic World/Islam/Islamic peoples :lol:

So much so, that even WESTERN Muslims are a civilization of their own..with their unique identity and culture..unlike indians who try to become more white than whites. lol

Islamic Communities throughout the Western World, spanning tens of millions of people, are very important too. Global civilization of Islam spread and established itself in the heart of West...with tens of millions of people in the Western heartlands having Islamic worldview, practicing/spread Islamic culture, building Islamic architecture, bringing Islamic traditions, foods, and dresses in, and integrating in the wider society while keeping their unique Islamic identity/culture -----hence, making Islam an inevitable civilizational reality in the West. Heck, London now holds Islamic Finance conferences and what not? lol..Protection of these communities is vital--since they are representation and extension of global Islamic Civilization in the heart of West. West failed to develop anything like that in Muslim World, Mashallah. Now, with the rise of neo-nazis and far right in Europe..Muslim communities are being vilified. This can lead to some bad results.

Islam plays a significantly central role throughout Islamic world..even in secular countries like Turkey. This isn't christianity we are dealing---which fell apart as if faced secularism.

Not Only Turkey...Friend....
All Muslim Countries have strongly realized the Importance of their Islamic Heritage esp in the era of declining Capitalism

Yup, I am agree on you. It is actually the original title from the article.

And talking about my opinion regarding this report. I believe that Pakistan can improve its influence as well in the future, particularly if its internal problem can be solved, since Pakistan is the only nuclear power in the Muslim world that also has so big population and much potency ahead. On the other hand, Saudi influence in my opinion gets lower now in the Muslim world since it has accused Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization which is not logic at all. But, I don't know what will happen in the future, Saudi of course can reposition once again its foreign policy regarding MB in the future if the leadership changes, by taking more neutral stand or even supportive one just like during Mubarak leadership.

Talking about Iran, I don't agree on the report. Iran has already lost its grips in the Muslim world after that country helped Bashar Al-Assad. Other Muslim great power like Egypt has become much less influential compare to its position during the beginning of Arab Spring, since the country now get divided and thus lost its position as Arab world democratization leader.

Yup, I am agree on you. It is actually the original title from the article.
And talking about my opinion regarding this report. I believe that Pakistan can improve its influence as well in the future, particularly if its internal problem can be solved, since Pakistan is the only nuclear power in the Muslim world that also has so big population and much potency ahead. On the other hand, Saudi influence in my opinion gets lower now in the Muslim world since it has accused Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization which is not logic at all. But, I don't know what will happen in the future, Saudi of course can reposition once again its foreign policy regarding MB in the future if the leadership changes, by taking more neutral stand or even supportive one just like during Mubarak leadership.
Talking about Iran, I don't agree on the report. Iran has already lost its grips in the Muslim world after that country helped Bashar Al-Assad. Other Muslim great power like Egypt has become much less influential compare to its position during the beginning of Arab Spring, since the country now get divided and thus lost its position as Arab world democratization leader

Agree! Saudi & Iran are opposite side of one Coin, both have lost their influence in muslim world.
We respect Saudis bcoz of Sacred Places otherwise they are arrogant Rich People, that 2 Crore of Population have highest world resources in Muslim World but they never contributed something Extraordinary. they wont allow other muslims to live in their Country.
Iranians on the other hand living in their Glorious Pre-islamic era, they are enjoying their self hood of Nationality/Language/Race, they never contributed anything for Muslims like Arabs / Turk / Mughal did for us:tdown:
BOTH COUNTRIES ARE PLAYING CHILDISH ROLE IN THAT CRUCIAL PART OF OUR ISLAMIC HISTORY

BROTHER, YOU JUST SNATCH WORDS FROM MY HEART.....I 100% AGREE
Out of 1400 years of its history, Islamic Civilization(s) remained global dominant civilization for 1000+ years...that is, 70%+ time of its entire existence! NO other civilization even comes close to this! In last 2000 years, West remained dominant civilization for barely 500 years (1st to 3rd century AD, 1650's onwards)...this is merely 30% time of its existence in last 2000 years...
In-fact iam avid student of Islamic history too, 1683 was the Height of all islamic Empires, Mughals & Turks
Sometime I question why muslim wont Conquered Europe when they have all the resources available, But later in some books i found my Answer, Allah is not Only the God of Muslims he is the God of all World & Humanity - in some way Allah is protecting CHRISTIANS & Jews of the world...till the time
- when Muslim & Christians of the world figh Eye to Eye Armageddon
- when the Jesus will come again as Christ to end Jews Anti-Christ.
Moreover! Power feed arrogance & allah dont like Arrogance at all.............it is mentioned somewhere in Quran.....
Mafhoom "Allah will put you in severe Ordeal to sort out Good ones from Bad"

Islamic Superpowers/Muslims remained global leaders of humanity from 7th to 18th century! Islamic Superpowers and Great powers like Early Islamic Caliphate, Ummayad Empire, Abbasid Empire, Ottoman Empire, Mughal Empire, Timurid Empire, Safavid Empire etc dominated much of known globe during this time era..just like British, Germans, French dominated much of globe after 18th century..
I am inspired with UMMAYADS & TURKS,....Mughals wont inspire me except Taimur himself
I read the Biography of AMEER TAIMUR ....he was muslim but he was strict follower of Mongol Law, At his time world have 5 Superpowers
India - Turkey - Iran - Russia - China
He promised to himself One Day I will Conquered all Superpowers of World.....which he did...I Urge you read him
Russia 1382
Iran 1385-87
India 1398-99
Turkey 1399
China (when entered in china at age 72, he was attacked by fever & plague, died 1405)
It is quite normal that unlike some cultures to our East, Islamic Civilization has rejected the idea of becoming slaves to West.

So much so, that even WESTERN Muslims are a civilization of their own..with their unique identity and culture..unlike indians who try to become more white than whites. lol
:haha: They have nothing to OFFER, they are follower, Like Water adopt color of its vessel

Islamic Communities throughout the Western World, spanning tens of millions of people, are very important too. Global civilization of Islam spread and established itself in the heart of West...with tens of millions of people in the Western heartlands having Islamic worldview, practicing/spread Islamic culture, building Islamic architecture, bringing Islamic traditions, foods, and dresses in, and integrating in the wider society while keeping their unique Islamic identity/culture -----hence, making Islam an inevitable civilizational reality in the West. Heck, London now holds Islamic Finance conferences and what not? lol..Protection of these communities is vital--since they are representation and extension of global Islamic Civilization in the heart of West. West failed to develop anything like that in Muslim World, Mashallah. Now, with the rise of neo-nazis and far right in Europe..Muslim communities are being vilified. This can lead to some bad results.
Islam plays a significantly central role throughout Islamic world..even in secular countries like Turkey. This isn't christianity we are dealing---which fell apart as if faced secularism.
We can say it Rise of West not Rise of Christianity, they got Power when the cut the Shackles of Christianity and minimize the role of Religion in day to day norms of life. They are CAPITALIST:p:

what about rise of bangladesh ?
Soon ..... :pakistan:

Last edited:
Turkey's rise is a good omen for Pakistan, we will stand by them like a twin brother.

we've stood by them in their time of need and they've stood by us during our time of need...we both live in complex environments and both have enemies.

unbreakable bond

BROTHER, YOU JUST SNATCH WORDS FROM MY HEART.....I 100% AGREE

In-fact iam avid student of Islamic history too, 1683 was the Height of all islamic Empires, Mughals & Turks
Sometime I question why muslim wont Conquered Europe when they have all the resources available, But later in some books i found my Answer, Allah is not Only the God of Muslims he is the God of all World & Humanity - in some way Allah is protecting CHRISTIANS & Jews of the world...till the time
- when Muslim & Christians of the world figh Eye to Eye Armageddon
- when the Jesus will come again as Christ to end Jews Anti-Christ.
Moreover! Power feed arrogance & allah dont like Arrogance at all.............it is mentioned somewhere in Quran.....
Mafhoom "Allah will put you in severe Ordeal to sort out Good ones from Bad"

I am inspired with UMMAYADS & TURKS,....Mughals wont inspire me except Taimur himself
I read the Biography of AMEER TAIMUR ....he was muslim but he was strict follower of Mongol Law, At his time world have 5 Superpowers
India - Turkey - Iran - Russia - China
He promised to himself One Day I will Conquered all Superpowers of World.....which he did...I Urge you read him
Russia 1382
Iran 1385-87
India 1398-99
Turkey 1399
China (when entered in china at age 72, he was attacked by fever & plague, died 1405)

india didnt exist until 1947

Erdogan once again win, CIA has made a good prediction....

More Islamic? How can Turkey be more islamic if 99%are allready muslims?
There's are two things called 'Islamic tradition' and 'non-Islamic' tradition. A Muslim who thinks drinking alcohol is okay is the follower of the latter tradition while who refrains from drinking alcohol follows the first category. I think this will help you to understand how Turkey can be more 'Islamic'.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom