What's new

US sowing discord between India, China

I am posing this question to Indians - what has U.S done in terms of backstabbing to India? Do not look for examples from other countries. I will equally quote examples of countries like Japan,Korea, Germany which benefitted tremendously by associating with U.S. I am not even going to quote NSG waiver etc. which U.S has helped India with.

Alternatively here is what China has done in terms of backstabbing - Nehru signed the friendship treaty with China in 1954 and was going Gung ho about it but China started building roads even before 1954 in Akshai Chin and was discovered by India sometime around 1957-58. All the forward policy of Nehru happened much later. So here is a "friend" of India who was building roads on disputed territory without informing India while professing friendship. The question is not about the rightful owner. It is about how China had approached this Akshai Chin issue.

So take your pick - who would you trust?

Japan n koreans dont have independent policies.They are abide by various laws.More china will become powerful,the day will come when U.S will leave them in b/w.so lets wait for one more decade and U.S is trying to encircle china by india.After 20-25 yrs,you will see U.S barking against india and will again turn to other indian neighbors to control india. U.S looks for weak states against powerful states and when task is done,they leave them.Examples of pakistan and even iraq etc or even libya are enough to tell us thats y india is reluctant to follow U.S ...

We are not here trusting china but you will have to accept that U.S is not your neighbor but china is and we both have 3 billion population and ability to piss off west with russia...so y invite an external power to solve our issues and our eastern border is almost silent and it does not mean that we shud not build up military there.
Let me understand what is that U.S action you mean in South Asia - There are certain actions of U.S in the past which was against India but it was based on the dharma of friendship(with Pakistan) and you can't blame U.S for that.

So does the chinese actions in past which pissed off india.if you can forgive U.S then y not china? ..
U.S raised pakistan actually and saved pakistan every time by forcing india otherwise there would have been no pakistan.
Even U.S tried to sell hardware with strings attached ..so y trust U.S ?

and even during nuclear test,the U.S response was hard as compare to china.

Japan n koreans dont have independent policies.They are abide by various laws.More china will become powerful,the day will come when U.S will leave them in b/w.so lets wait for one more decade and U.S is trying to encircle china by india.After 20-25 yrs,you will see U.S barking against india and will again turn to other indian neighbors to control india. U.S looks for weak states against powerful states and when task is done,they leave them.Examples of pakistan and even iraq etc or even libya are enough to tell us thats y india is reluctant to follow U.S ...

We are not here trusting china but you will have to accept that U.S is not your neighbor but china is and we both have 3 billion population and ability to piss off west with russia...so y invite an external power to solve our issues and our eastern border is almost silent and it does not mean that we shud not build up military there.

So does the chinese actions in past which pissed off india.if you can forgive U.S then y not china? ..
U.S raised pakistan actually and saved pakistan every time by forcing india otherwise there would have been no pakistan.
Even U.S tried to sell hardware with strings attached ..so y trust U.S ?

and even during nuclear test,the U.S response was hard as compare to china.

Have an independent foreign policy and solve your issues but one need to have friends and pick the correct friend. China is a neighbor of India but is India willing to give away Tawang in exchange for China's friendship? If so, then have China as your friend and you can piss off the west else China will not stay neutral but will prop up Pakistan against India. So again take your pick.

Pakistan - has been discussed several times and I will not go there unless you be specific. Iraq - maybe the reason was wrong but there is no backstabbing. And what about Libya apart from U.S accomodating the interests of the people than back a dictator?

The question I raised was about enemy vs "friend" who backstabs (you need to forgive U.S as it has not done anything in terms of backstabbing India. It was unfortunate that both were on the opposite side in the cold war).

Again U.S actions against India nuclear test is history.The more recent one is the NSG support of US for India.

Have an independent foreign policy and solve your issues but one need to have friends and pick the correct friend. China is a neighbor of India but is India willing to give away Tawang in exchange for China's friendship? If so, then have China as your friend and you can piss off the west else China will not stay neutral but will prop up Pakistan against India. So again take your pick.

Pakistan - has been discussed several times and I will not go there unless you be specific. Iraq - maybe the reason was wrong but there is no backstabbing. And what about Libya apart from U.S accomodating the interests of the people than back a dictator?

The question I raised was about enemy vs "friend" who backstabs (you need to forgive U.S as it has not done anything in terms of backstabbing India. It was unfortunate that both were on the opposite side in the cold war).

Again U.S actions against India nuclear test is history.The more recent one is the NSG support of US for India.
We never backstab any friend now and then. That is Nehru's conspiracy call Chini Indi blah blah stuff, and call China a backstabber when he got defeat.

We never backstab any friend now and then. That is Nehru's conspiracy call Chini Indi blah blah stuff, and call China a backstabber when he got defeat.

You call Nehru's signing of friendship treaty and the panchsheel principles which formed the tenet of that treaty at Beijing in 1954 a conspiracy?

Nehru was an idiot who was exactly what Mao wanted; an idiotic playboy who got to rule a country just because he'd cleaned British toilets earlier. He took your words of deception literally, that almost cost me my state.

The forward policy was a last ditch attempt after your PLA started constructing roads in our territory that is under PLA occupation till date.

So much for your friendship.

If indeed you're so friendly and loyal to your allies, then why is it that Beijing doesn't sign the proposed military cooperation treaty that Pakistan so desperately wants from you?

Initially China was willing to exchange Akin Sai for Tawang. But India harden their position and wanted to negotiate each area separately. So China responded by claiming the entire South Tibet.

India would be wise to settle the border now quickly. China will only get stronger. The stronger China gets the less concession it will give.

Why do you want a border between two great civilizations be named after a British General ?

Your comment is not true. China built a strategic road through Aksai Chin, so when did China offered to give up Aksai Chin for Tawang.

U.S is good
China is good
India is good

None of these 3 countries is bad .There are just some mis-perceptions here and there and they all work for their national interest that is all.

:agree:

Chinese have habit of talking for others. They can talk for Pakistan, Russia, USA and now India. Few doti shivering Indians will eat their bait and dance on their tunes.

This thread is not even worth feeding their propaganda but still few Indians are doing the same.

Last time I remember they were pissing in their pants with a fear that India will choose Americans jets for MMRCA.

India is not giving up tawang or any part.Both india china silently agreed on present borders and little bot difference will be cleared up with time and both agreed to avoid war.I said that you dont need to stop put military in region.In recent years,china have started to deal with india separately while excluding pakistan.They knew that using pakistan will put one more country against them and in side of U.S.So i wud prefer to wait rather than choosing ally like U.S.

For later part,i want to say that these countries used to be pro U.S including iran but U.S got them when time came.

hahahaaa...you are taking U.S sanctions as part of history but not 62 ..

Dont forget that china is neighbor not U.S ..

U.S will leave region but we asians will hv to suffer.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

The Chinese PPl and the CCP govt are two separate entities , both are totally out of sync when it comes to motivations and intentions regarding foreign policy..

Having said this

I have no qualm in making good relations with China,but its total and utter Bull Shi* if one says the seeds of discord were sown by the Americans.

China supports Pakistan, Chine proliferates nuke tech to Pakistan,China takes land in gilgit, China signs a defense pact in a contested region ,China lays claim and Challenges our sovereignty. Where did America come from?

China is currently off balance and if and when it regains composure, expect them to get back to there snooty self.

The seeds were already sown America only comes in & waters them.

Ppl of China are like any other , the Govt of China is what one needs to judge.

India is not giving up tawang or any part.Both india china silently agreed on present borders and little bot difference will be cleared up with time and both agreed to avoid war.I said that you dont need to stop put military in region.In recent years,china have started to deal with india separately while excluding pakistan.They knew that using pakistan will put one more country against them and in side of U.S.So i wud prefer to wait rather than choosing ally like U.S.

For later part,i want to say that these countries used to be pro U.S including iran but U.S got them when time came.

hahahaaa...you are taking U.S sanctions as part of history but not 62 ..

Dont forget that china is neighbor not U.S ..

U.S will leave region but we asians will hv to suffer.

Point me to a source where India/China agreed on present borders. China will not go for war as its focus is on economic development.

I am talking about 62 as China has not done anything to generate a goodwill with India whereas the situation is on the contrary wrt US. So I am not contradicting myself. China will continue to prop up Pakistan and the relationship only be strengthened as part of the SCO. Unless India fulfils the potential for growth in the next 1-2 decades, the alignment will continue.

As for asians sufferring, why is this victim mentality? Maintain a equal footing friendship which India has done before - India signed a treaty with USSR in 1971 and the result was for everyone to see in a few months. If you stay alone, India can't do much as seen from the NAM days. You have to choose China vs US or forge something with Russia(but not sure how open Russia is).

As for Iran, it was not US which threw away Iran - it was the mullahs of Iran who derailed the relationship post revolution.

India has its own Foreign policy and India dislikes anybody meddling in South Asia. :)

Back
Top Bottom