What's new

US Senator suggests a couple of permanent USAF bases in Afghanistan

not sure if one should be surprised...Please keep in mind that AF is too strategic to be left alone....There are lot of vested interests...

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

with Iran next door, these bases is a necessity
Not sure what you mean...can u throw some more light??

not sure if one should be surprised...Please keep in mind that AF is too strategic to be left alone....There are lot of vested interests...

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Not sure what you mean...can u throw some more light??

it means that Iran is next door, and Iran is currently an Enemy.....

you do the math :) im sure you can figure it out

with Iran next door, these bases is a necessity

I thing its not like that because they have their base in Iraq and S A for Iran but i think these bases are for China cause Afghanistan is next to China

What you think ???

it means that Iran is next door, and Iran is currently an Enemy.....

you do the math :) im sure you can figure it out

I am not sure if a base in AF is that much handy to attack Iran....Your supply route is very long and fragile, no??? Anyways we are going off topic so i will leave it there....thanxs for the clarification

Like i said they will confirm the notion in the minds of the people of this region that US is an Imperialist power !

I wouldnt say that,

I would say to bring peace in the Region

we are America for christ sakes

The news (while it may be unwelcome in some quarters) is likely to be credible and IMHO, inevitable.
It fits (somewhat) into the idea-mosaic propounded by Ambassador Robert Blackwill in his Plan-B.
Also strategically, it dovetails into the conceptualisation of the TAPI pipeline.

(N.B. please also read the informative posts of FATMAN 17 on the above topics in this forum)

US forces 'interfere' in Afghan affairs
Wed Jan 5, 2011 8:20AM
Afghan President Hamid Karzai says the US-led foreign powers are interfering in his country's internal affairs and hinder the implementation of laws.

He has called on both Afghans and foreign countries to respect Afghanistan's constitution.

"I ask our foreign friends not to interfere in our internal affairs, not to interfere in our constitution,'' Karzai said at a short Tuesday ceremony commemorating the seventh's anniversary of the ratification of Afghan Constitution in downtown Kabul.

"They must stop meddling in our implementation of the law in our country.''

Karzai did not provide details but he has in the past accused foreign security companies of corruption and running a parallel government in Afghanistan.

He has also accused the United Nations and other foreigners of undermining Afghanistan's 2009 presidential election and his own ability as an effective leader.

The remarks also come after a senior American congressman called for permanent US military bases in the war-ravaged country.

Senator Lindsay Graham said on Sunday that American air bases in the war-torn country would benefit the US and its Western allies, if maintained by the US military.

"We have had air bases all over the world and a couple of air bases in Afghanistan would allow the Afghan security forces an edge against the Taliban in perpetuity," Graham, the Republican senator from South Carolina, told NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

Kabul has strongly rejected the notion of establishing permanent US military bases in Afghanistan.

Chief presidential spokesman Waheed Omar said during a press conference in Kabul on Monday that the issue has never been discussed in meetings between officials of the two countries.

"We have announced earlier that we are in touch with United States on the issue of long-term strategic partnership but not on the possible establishment of a permanent US base in Afghanistan," he said.

Afghans also blame foreign troops and their military operations for the civilian deaths. The rising number of civilian casualties has increased anti-US sentiments in the troubled region.

Civilian casualties caused by NATO attacks have been a major source of tension between Karzai and the US-led alliance.

Over 150,000 foreign troops are currently stationed in Afghanistan.

JR/AKM

Whoever, anyone who uses the logical that because the Taliban and al Qaida and allied terrorists kill folks is the fault of dthe US needs to see a psychiatrist if they are able to find one in the haze of battle.

Think 911. Think the twin trade towers' Think a field in Pennsylvania where the passengers overcame the terrorists to crash the plane into a field rather than allow it to be used as a missle against the White House or Congress buildings in the District Of Columbia. Think the third terrorist driven plan which killed innocents in the Pentagon, all on the same date, 911.

I don't think for a minute that President Karzai is coo coo, I think the person who copied and posted this quote is muck raking with a chip on his shoulder, nothing to do with the historic and current tense facts whatsoever.

Ya know when so many said 'Iran is not Iraq'? Well...The US is not the USSR or the Romans or the Brits. If we do decide to stay in Afghanistan, we will provide education and economic aid, just like for the Germans and the Japanese.

Invading other countries at political economic and physical level has been a very old US policy.

US will not get out of either Iraq nor afghanistan.
A few other countries might be added to the list in near future.

US has never got out of anywhere just like the USSR.

Every empire that has ruled the face of the earth ever has tried to mold there own aims and objectives as special values and pushed for them as universal values.

For myself I have had interactive contacts from both Pakistanis and Afghanistans as well as from Iraqis

in that regard we the majority are a lot more qualified than you, and you are a johnny-cum-lately to the scene.

Think 911. Think the twin trade towers' Think a field in Pennsylvania where the passengers overcame the terrorists to crash the plane into a field rather than allow it to be used as a missle against the White House or Congress buildings in the District Of Columbia. Think the third terrorist driven plan which killed innocents in the Pentagon, all on the same date, 911.

people are thinking about pakistan, no one holds the right to grieve louder than another, have some common decency please.

Be glad that NATO, which the US is part of, and which Pakistan is an Affiliate (formal title, Affiliate) of doesn't pay attention to your personal opinions. Of course you will always in a free world have a right to any and all opinions, in part thanks to defense of such rights by the military actions of NATO in conjunction with the Government and military of Pakistan...and Afghanistan.

Aside: Attacking in three places the same day and killing off Muslims, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, all sorts of different faith folks, men, women, and children, motivated by a heretic excuse for a splinter religious faction does not, will not, will never stand. It is that simple.

Last edited:
what is objectionable about my opinions? can you express yourself in a clear way?

btw, nato has nothing to do with what can or cannot be said in pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom