What's new

US Senate passes $800m Pakistan fund

This is a good development. But, in my opinion our ambassador needs to be more proactive. Hiring a firm for lobbying is not the way to go about it. He needs to hire script writers, Pakistani, American and from a neutral source. Their task should be to write up true facts about Pakistan - USA relationship from 1947 till to date in the following format:

1st part: From 1947 till before the Afghan/Russian war.(lots of air, tank battles and so on..)
2nd part: The Afghan/Russian war
3rd part: Our quest for the nuclear bomb, the test and the sanction period.
4th part: 9/11 and the war on terror(how we supported and how we suffered)

All of these should relate to our relationship with the USA during these times

This could be the best action packed documentary(based on real events), even better than the band of brothers, provided there is enough funds and you have good actors and a very good director. All this can be achieved if our ambassador moved around a bit and knew how to talk and make friends(apparently he does not since he has to hire a firm to do his work, pathetic!). He should have made friends with people within Hollywood.

Then he needs to go around on the Best American talk shows, such as Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, or even NBC 60 min and so on. Market this documentary like insane. Going on these shows will be good omen. You know when ever i met an american abroad, and Musharraf was mentioned, they would all relate to that one conversation he had with Jon Stewart, when Jon asked him who would win elections in Pakistan, Osama or Bush. His reply, "Both would fail miserably". They liked that, they respected him because he could converse well and could relate to the Americans.

Why do i say make a documentary, its because the younger generation of Americans when they hear the word Pakistan they relate it directly to terrorism. They do not have a clue of how our relationship was before, probably their parents or grand parents have an idea but not this generation. And, this generation gathers their info from movies or documentaries with regards to foreign relations. They have been lied to by their media and we need to change that. We need to show our pov and show them the truth. Show them how are relationship was once upon time and what all has happened since.

Trust me, if we can pull this off, it will go along way in fixing and strengthening our relationship. Many will disagree with me on this and say it wont make a difference, but i feel it will. It will be better money spent then hiring and american to talk to an american to explain your pov. In-fact this "Ambassador" should have had an amazing relationship with most of the senators and congressman, but no, he does not, i don't get then why the hell occupies that post in the first place if he cant do what he is meant to do, which is to build relationships.

we are giving money to a government that we don't trust and that doesn't trust us.

to a country of people who hate us, and just wants us to leave them and the region alone.

we'll never learn. I hope Trump fixes this failed foreign policy.

no.. thats not correct... you are not giving these funds to Pakistani Nation,.. instead you are giving these funds to Pak Govt, to make sure that the govt safeguards your interests in the regions and bark and bite on your order..Pak Nation never wants it, and never will receive it,.. Its actually the salary of the offiicials that keep working for USA while being in Pak Govt....

Back
Top Bottom