What's new

US Seeks Vietnamese Base to Counter China

I'm sure the Vietnamese are not stupid enough to host an American military base there. As a Vietnamese American, I know full well the intentions of the US military to use Vietnam and other states to counter China. After the Vietnam War, the last thing Vietnamese need is more war.

American society never really care for Vietnamese - evidences by the My Lai massacre where the leaders got house arrest for killing over 500 women and children.
Dude, Cam Ranh bay was Soviet naval base before Soviet collapse, so, if US shows her true friendship to us and willing to help VN to take back all islands in SCS(east sea),then, we will allow her to set up a naval base there.

US is far, she comes and goes. But China is near, when she came to VN, she stayed for thousand years:coffee:

Is it ok to ask where he is from? And why always use bold? And why damage our foreign relations offending friendly nations to please China?

I have no idea where he/she is from. But what I am quite certain that he/she is certainly not Bangladeshi. Others know this as well. I don't know......could be a foreigner living in Bangladesh.

Claimed that he/she used to live in Boston and "flushed" his US citizenship down the toilet because of American policies :lol: :rofl:
Ever notice that he/she never participates in Bangladesh Defense sub-forum? :azn:

Anyways, wherever he/she is from, that person is certainly promoting a negative image of Bangladesh. Hard to say if it's stupidity or just trolling.

Martian2 i have doubt ... why don't you atleast use one chinese flag.....

No, they have a guarantee from the US that US will retaliate with nukes if they are nuclear attacked. It's called nuclear umbrella.

Rationals know this false sense of security as " delusions " ... Where was the US when Moscow was butchering Georgia ? :azn:

Rationals know this false sense of security as " delusions " ... Where was the US when Moscow was butchering Georgia ? :azn:

Again ! like i asked another member, was there is security pact between US and Georgia?

I'm sure the Vietnamese are not stupid enough to host an American military base there. As a Vietnamese American, I know full well the intentions of the US military to use Vietnam and other states to counter China. After the Vietnam War, the last thing Vietnamese need is more war.

American society never really care for Vietnamese - evidences by the My Lai massacre where the leaders got house arrest for killing over 500 women and children.

Yes, Vietnam not allow the U.S to open military base at Cam Ranh Bay.

But an international port for services was confirmed by PM Nguyen Tan Dung in 2010.
This port will be open to all countries, including China.

"In the centre of the Cam Ranh port complex Vietnam will stand ready to provide services to the naval ships from all countries including submarines when they need our services," Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung said in response to a reporter's question, at the close of the East Asia Summit" (in 2010).

I also heard that China wanted to rent the entire Cam Ranh bay, but VN government disagrees. I don't know it's correct or not.

BBC Vietnamese - Viê?t Nam - Cam Ranh là chìa khóa cho Bi?n ?ông?

My Lai was one of the shocking events in the US at that time, it is one of the causes led to anti-war protests of the American people.

170410dung33.jpg

antiwar.jpg

Martian is just an idiot, you know, US had all kind of weapons he just shown during Vn war and U.S till lost.

Let that idiot keep bragging, it has no use, stupid and useless PLA is not what we worry about, we only worry about U.S army.

Bro am really sick of those pictures. Every time there is some discussion related to vietnam some of our friends starts flexing muscles like kids do in those schooldays.:rofl:Actually neither india nor usa care a damn of those weapons. So the school kids have got a good platform here to advertise their military.

Bro, I know, I just wanted to ask him about his idea when he wanted threatening VN by images and words.
The copying toys cannot be compared with the genuine toys.
May 15, 2012, a chinese J 11 fighter: Glass cockpit broken suddenly when fly-training at altitude of 3000m, a pilot was mouth coughing blood, blood nose.

TQ: J-11

Again ! like i asked another member, was there is security pact between US and Georgia?

Well , you got to do something for a country which you consider as " strategic " and " a future NATO member " , huh ?

There is a reason that India, Vietnam, and other countries that border China do not permit U.S. military bases.

The surest way of inviting an all-out attack by China is to host an U.S. military base. The crazy U.S. neo-cons may someday decide to start a war with China. If the neo-cons lose, the U.S. military will simply pack its bags and leave (e.g. see Vietnam War).

However, China will exact a price from a belligerent country for hosting an U.S. military base. Since the anti-China host country has supported an attack on China, China will carve a buffer zone out of the host country to prevent another attack on China by the U.S.

I think 20% of the anti-China host country's territory is fair payment to ensure another aggression against China does not occur.

Your loved frnd is already hosting US. Have given many bases to them.

When are you taking there 20%. Mr. chinaman........

Ever heard of Asian-Americans?

Yes, but never heard someone abusing its own motherland for root nation. Not even crossbreed does this.

There is a reason that India, Vietnam, and other countries that border China do not permit U.S. military bases.

The surest way of inviting an all-out attack by China is to host an U.S. military base.

By that logic China should have long attacked Japan and taken over the islands she claims.

Truth is neither Vietnam and India are in need for an American base. Both are capable of handling the Chinese threat.

You can enjoy your photo arsenel. :lol:

Well , you got to do something for a country which you consider as " strategic " and " a future NATO member " , huh ?

Not certainly in the USAs idea, The above was similar logic held by the recently toppled Maldivian guy, who expected USA or India to come and help him. Naturally neither came as neither were held by any obligation to do so.

To help you gain a clear understanding of that war,
I share some photos taken in Vietnam's territory by PLA soldiers.:D

OQvVS.jpg

Good photos. We can have evidents to show it to the generations in Vietnam dirty face of Chinese.

But photos here under showed Chinese solders, bro.
Look at the foots of deads, there are PLA uniform.

wWd0E.jpg

and more for you skyknight !

tubinhtq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom