What's new

US Seeks Vietnamese Base to Counter China

PLA Air Force will dominate Vietnamese airspace

To date, I've covered Chinese H-6K "God of War" bombers implementing Rolling Thunder on strategic Vietnamese targets. Also, we've discussed a naval blockade by the PLA Navy with surface ships and submarines to strangle military supplies for Vietnam.

In this post, we will cover PLA Air Force refueling of J-10 Vigorous Dragons to control Vietnamese airspace and bomb anything worthwhile that tries to move from one sector of Vietnam to another.

For example, if the Vietnamese try to move a convoy of military supplies along the roads then the Chinese J-10 Vigorous Dragons will pounce.

----------

J-10S mid-air refueling from H-6U tanker

BCFIv.jpg
A PLAAF H-6U tanker refuels a J-10S combat-capable trainer over the Guangzhou MR (military region) Coast.

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"J-10S: Twin-seat fighter-trainer variant of the J-10A. The forward fuselage of the aircraft is stretched to accommodate an additional pilot seat, two pilots sit in tandem with a single large bubble canopy. Also incorporates an enlarged dorsal spine which may accommodate additional avionics equipment or fuel. As well as serving as training aircraft, the J-10S may also be used for the ground attack role where the rear-seat pilot would act as the weapon systems operator.[34]"

[Note: Photo credit belongs to PLAAF (PLA Air Force). Caption credit belongs to Australia Air Power.]

Is it ok to ask where he is from? And why always use bold? And why damage our foreign relations offending friendly nations to please China?

thats because he/she is rawamy agent.

OrBat: China's Opening Strike Against Vietnam with EMP, DF-15 SRBM, and DH-10 LACM

1. A Chinese 3.3-megaton thermonuclear warhead on the DF-3A IRBM can generate a large EMP. However, China has pledged not to use nuclear weapons against non-nuclear states. Therefore, it is currently unknown whether China has sufficiently powerful specially-designed conventionally-powered EMP warheads to generate useful EMPs against Vietnam.

---------------

2. The next step is for China to eliminate Vietnamese air defenses and other military installations with Chinese DF-15 SRBMs that travel at Mach 6.

y5HqI.jpg

Chinese DF-15 SRBM (short-range ballistic missile) with 600km range has a terminal velocity of over Mach Six. A DF-15 has a maneuverable warhead (MARV or maneuverable reentry vehicle). I don't think the U.S. can shoot down an incoming Mach 6 MARV under real world conditions. China's hypersonic DF-15 SRBM cannot be intercepted by a slow-moving supersonic Indian AAD interceptor missile.

DF-15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The DF-15 uses a solid fuel, single-stage rocket. It is vertically launched from an eight wheeled transporter erector launcher (TEL). The missile's trajectory is guided using small thrusters and an inertial guidance system on the warhead. The warhead is only a tenth of the size of the missile body. After the body and warhead separate, the body trails behind to camouflage the warhead. The terminal velocity of the missile is over Mach 6.[3]
Warhead One, with Maneuverable reentry vehicles [1]

Blast yield 350-500 kT"

---------------

3. Along with the DF-15 SRBMs, China will definitely use its 4,000km DH-10 LACM against southern Vietnamese military installations.

DH-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to Janes, the DH-10 is a second-generation land-attack cruise missile (LACM), integrated inertial navigation system, GPS, terrain contour mapping system, and digital scene-matching terminal-homing system.[3] The missile is estimated to have a circular error probable (CEP) of 10 meters. In 2008, a Pentagon report estimated the range of the DH-10 as over 4,000 km and that from 50 to 250 missiles had been deployed.[1]
Some sources predicted that the first operational deployment of Chinese indigenous LACM took place in 2004~2005. The PLA Second Artillery Corps (Strategic Missile Force) has formed a Cruise Missile Brigade based at Jianshui, Yunnan Province in southern China."

eyn8u.jpg

DH-10 nuclear-capable LACM with over 4,000km range

Martian2,
You've shown a lot of modern weapons of China, and like many Chinese newspapers, you are constantly threatening Vietnam. (I know you are a Chinese boy living in the US)
We know, Vietnam cannot be strong enough to fight against China, if VN is attacked by China.
So, what can we do to combat that threats? Allow the Americans presence in Cam Ranh Bay, isn't it a good idea?

Martian2,
You've shown a lot of modern weapons of China, and like many Chinese newspapers, you are constantly threatening Vietnam. (I know you are a Chinese boy living in the US)
We know, Vietnam cannot be strong enough to fight against China, if VN is attacked by China.
So, what can we do to combat that threats? Allow the Americans presence in Cam Ranh Bay, isn't it a good idea?
Martian is just an idiot, you know, US had all kind of weapons he just shown during Vn war and U.S till lost.

Let that idiot keep bragging, it has no use, stupid and useless PLA is not what we worry about, we only worry about U.S army.

Martian2,

Let me ask you, what military difference would a few thousand sailors at Cam Ranh Bay make? How does that stop an incoming barrage of DF-15 Mach 6 missiles with MARV warheads?

[Hint: The correct answer is a few American sailors at Cam Ranh Bay has absolutely no noticeable effect.]

However, let's say the U.S. provokes China over the Philippines. Let's say the U.S. sinks a Chinese maritime patrol boat. Assuming the U.S. naval ship is based at Cam Ranh Bay, the PLA will thrust into Vietnam and seize control of Cam Ranh Bay.

As you can see, the leasing of Cam Ranh Bay puts your country at the mercy of U.S. Neo-cons. If they screw up and provoke China, Vietnam will face the full might and fury of the PLA. The choice and consequences of leasing Cam Ranh Bay is up to you Vietnamese.

Martian2,

Germany used to own Konigsberg. Today, Russia owns Konigsberg and renamed it Kaliningrad.

If a Neo-con attack against a Chinese maritime patrol boat originates from Cam Ranh Bay, it will soon be renamed Deng Xiaoping Bay.

----------

[Note: I didn't mean to make a second post. I wanted to hit "edit," but pushed the wrong button by mistake.]

The East Asians should resolve their mutual differences through dialogue in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. There is no room for evil foreigners from USA in these regions.

I appreciate your sentiment as a Muslim, since USA have done a lot to hurt Muslim interest in the world, but in geopolitics friends become enemies and enemies become friends, it all depends on necessity of a particular situation and strategic theater.

At this moment USA is the only available balancer for ASEAN+2 (Japan+South Korea) against any security threat coming from a "peacefully" rising China.

ASEAN+2 and China has a good record of using USA/West market to develop their economies. They know how to deal with USA/West unlike some other non-NATO allies, this is something hopefully Bangladesh can learn by jumping on the ASEAN bandwagon.

ASEAN+ nations should not burn their bridges with China, but at the same time, they should not trust China either. What ASEAN+ needs to do is build its own strength using economic and military integration, while remaining under US security umbrella. When it can become a strong enough group, only then US involvement in this part of the world will become limited and move southwards to ANZ. China has no choice but to accept this reality that ASEAN+ integration is the only way USA will become irrelevant in this region, which is better for all Asians.

I keep repeating myself. But I am trying to project a mental image and a vision, so people can understand where I am coming from.

So in effect, I agree with your statement, and it will happen in the long term, hopefully, if ASEAN+ becomes a reality. When a ASEAN+ union can be an equal to China in economic and military power, only then there can be "an environment of mutual respect and understanding". But in the interim US role is essential and there is no way to avoid it, according to my limited understanding of geopolitical chess games, in this region.

Martian2,
Bro am really sick of those pictures. Every time there is some discussion related to vietnam some of our friends starts flexing muscles like kids do in those schooldays.:rofl:Actually neither india nor usa care a damn of those weapons. So the school kids have got a good platform here to advertise their military.

PLA Air Force will dominate Vietnamese airspace

To date, I've covered Chinese H-6K "God of War" bombers implementing Rolling Thunder on strategic Vietnamese targets. Also, we've discussed a naval blockade by the PLA Navy with surface ships and submarines to strangle military supplies for Vietnam.

In this post, we will cover PLA Air Force refueling of J-10 Vigorous Dragons to control Vietnamese airspace and bomb anything worthwhile that tries to move from one sector of Vietnam to another.

For example, if the Vietnamese try to move a convoy of military supplies along the roads then the Chinese J-10 Vigorous Dragons will pounce.

----------

J-10S mid-air refueling from H-6U tanker

BCFIv.jpg
A PLAAF H-6U tanker refuels a J-10S combat-capable trainer over the Guangzhou MR (military region) Coast.

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"J-10S: Twin-seat fighter-trainer variant of the J-10A. The forward fuselage of the aircraft is stretched to accommodate an additional pilot seat, two pilots sit in tandem with a single large bubble canopy. Also incorporates an enlarged dorsal spine which may accommodate additional avionics equipment or fuel. As well as serving as training aircraft, the J-10S may also be used for the ground attack role where the rear-seat pilot would act as the weapon systems operator.[34]"

[Note: Photo credit belongs to PLAAF (PLA Air Force). Caption credit belongs to Australia Air Power.]

Every fake products of China useless in fighting bro.

13159479_301374.jpg

To childish and never grow up little viets
I can find lots of photos your men were captured by our soldiers in the battles,but I really don't want.
There will always exist captured soldiers from both sides in a war.
1636 Viet soldiers were captured by us while only 238 PLA soldiers were captured due to the incompetence of their commander.
So I really don't think you guys have something to crow about.
Every time you guys use these photos to delude yourselves,but it is really stupid and senseless。
well,only this time, I'll join you and the next time you should try to grow up kid。:D
YsSIz.jpg

YsSIz.jpg

wWd0E.jpg

GN0pg.jpg

vrT59.jpg

TST8h.jpg

To help you gain a clear understanding of that war,
I share some photos taken in Vietnam's territory by PLA soldiers.:D

0VqLT.jpg

x25iy.jpg

Fd6Je.jpg

NIpa9.jpg

qSmwZ.jpg

iOhDA.jpg

OQvVS.jpg

William Wan, Malcolm Moore
June 5, 2012

CAM RANH BAY: The United States' most senior defence official has visited Cam Ranh Bay in a symbolic return to what was a vital naval base for the US in the Vietnam War. The US is attempting to return a military presence to this strategically important Vietnamese port as part of its push to expand its naval presence in Asia and the Pacific.

The Defence Secretary, Leon Panetta, is the highest-ranking US official to visit Cam Ranh Bay since the war ended in 1975.

The bay and its airfield was one of three main hubs used by the US in the war. It is one of the South China Sea's best natural harbours, and the US hopes to use it to boost its naval presence and counter the rise of China's navy.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''Access for United States' naval ships into this facility is a key component'' of the US's relationship with Vietnam, ''and we see the tremendous potential here'', Mr Panetta said on Sunday, standing on the stern of a naval supply ship anchored near the bay's entrance.

The vessel, the Richard E. Byrd, is one of only a handful of US ships to be allowed back to Cam Ranh Bay, which lies about 320 kilometres north-east of Ho Chi Minh City, since diplomatic ties resumed in 1995.

It is unarmed and sails with a largely civilian crew, a requirement of the Vietnamese government, which has prohibited military ships from docking in the bay since 2002 when the Russians closed the base they maintained after the US departure.

''This is a very emotional moment,'' Mr Panetta said. ''Last Monday, I stood before the Vietnam memorial [in Washington] to recognise the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War.''

He said a ''great deal of blood'' had been shed in the war, but the two countries had come a long way, particularly in regard to their relationship on defence. Last year, the US and Vietnam signed an agreement on defence co-operation, and during this visit Mr Panetta met his Vietnamese counterpart, the Vietnamese Defence Minister, General Phung Quang Thanh, to discuss further links.

In that meeting, General Quang Thanh said Hanoi will open three new sites for excavation by the US to search for troop remains. At the announcement, the two leaders exchanged artifacts collected during the war.

US officials said this was the first time such an exchange of war artifacts had occurred, Associated Press reported.

Speaking earlier, Mr Panetta said: ''It will be particularly important to be able to work with partners like Vietnam; to be able to use harbours like this as we move our ships from our ports on the [US] West Coast, [and] our stations here in the Pacific.''

The US Navy plans to switch from a 50-50 deployment in the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific, to having 60 per cent of its ships in the Pacific by 2020 as it ''pivots'' towards Asia to contain China's rising military capabilities.

In recent months, China has had a number of spats with its neighbours in the South China Sea, where several countries have territorial claims.

Mr Panetta said the US would maintain six aircraft carriers in the region and mentioned the arrival of the Joint Strike Fighter and the Virginia-class fast-attack submarine that can operate in deep and shallow waters.

These weapons would allow the US to move in areas where access was denied, he said, perhaps referring to China's policy of keeping the US at a distance from its shores with ''carrier-killer'' anti-ship missiles and submarines.

China has repeatedly warned the US not to interfere in Asia.

''The South China Sea is not America's business,'' the deputy chief of general staff of the People's Liberation Army, General Ma Xiaotian, said recently. ''It is between China and its neighbours.''

Read more: US seeks Vietnamese base to counter China

I'm sure the Vietnamese are not stupid enough to host an American military base there. As a Vietnamese American, I know full well the intentions of the US military to use Vietnam and other states to counter China. After the Vietnam War, the last thing Vietnamese need is more war.

American society never really care for Vietnamese - evidences by the My Lai massacre where the leaders got house arrest for killing over 500 women and children.

Back
Top Bottom