What's new

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken message for Pakistan

These blind and dense Americans need to learn, and fast,
Pakistan will not be dictated to, we may take a step back or two momentarily, but in the long game, we will do what is in OUR NATIONAL INTEREST.

If it was so simple to bully Pakistan,
We would have reduced our ties with China in the 1960s, like the Americans wanted,
Or, we would have no nuclear weapons,
No missile program,
We would have accepted Indian hegemony, like the Americans want us to,

And, have they forgotten the 20 years of "DO MORE", Pakistan did what was good for Pakistan, you came begging to us to help you negotiate with the Taliban.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee as they say, and develop relations based on mutual self respect.

The Americans have a major misconception with regards to Pakistan.

They think that Pakistan can be bullied and restrained into submission through hostility. Where did this misconception begin?

a) Right after we became a temporary "ally" during Cold War. In the American perception temporary allies are to be exploited until sucked dry.
b) When the Americans handed out the famous back to the Stone Age threat. Pak compliance made the American deep state falsely believe they have the upperhand for an eternity. They are finding out they don't.
Told you so. Biden will much much worse than Trump ever was to Pakistan.

False. You predicted that Trump would be Pakistan's worst nightmare. Instead Trump frustrated Indian librarians beyond imagination.

Now you pretend that Biden is your guy LOL

Biden and his puny deep state will be taught a lesson in humility. Biden won't even have the time to utter Pakistan in the next 4 years of his abysmal term.

The Americans have a major misconception with regards to Pakistan.

They think that Pakistan can be bullied and restrained into submission through hostility. Where did this misconception begin?

a) Right after we became a temporary "ally" during Cold War. In the American perception temporary allies are to be exploited until sucked dry.
b) When the Americans handed out the famous back to the Stone Age threat. Pak compliance made the American deep state falsely believe they have the upperhand for an eternity. They are finding out they don't.

False. You predicted that Trump would be Pakistan's worst nightmare. Instead Trump frustrated Indian librarians beyond imagination.

Now you pretend that Biden is your guy LOL

Biden and his puny deep state will be taught a lesson in humility. Biden won't even have the time to utter Pakistan in the next 4 years of his abysmal term.

In essence I agree with you.
But, we didn't become a temporary ally, it was the cold war, you had to be in one camp or the other, especially if you wanted assistance, financial or otherwise. We choose the western camp. There was nothing temporary about it, it suited our needs at the time. But, the Americans have been unfair to us since the 1960s,
Giving weapons worth nearly 1 billion dollars to India, when Kennedy had promised Ayub that he would not.
Sanctioning Pakistan in the 1965 war, and kept those sanctions for 15 years, till the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, they were only lifted in 1980.
Just endless examples.

We had made the right decision, but, Pakistan of today is not the Pakistan of yesterday. It is much stronger, and more confident.

India also made a choice, it choose the Soviet camp, non-alliance was just a drama and a lie. India was fully in the Soviet camp, who gave India lot of money, material and support, and never sanctioned them.

Whatever the history, today, we are in a lot more secure position, and a lot bigger, in capabilities, allies and population size relative to other nations. 232 million, and Fifth largest country in the world is not a joke.

In essence I agree with you.
But, we didn't become a temporary ally, it was the cold war, you had to be in one camp or the other, especially if you wanted assistance, financial or otherwise. We choose the western camp. There was nothing temporary about it, it suited our needs at the time. But, the Americans have been unfair to us since the 1960s,
Giving weapons worth nearly 1 billion dollars to India, when Kennedy had promised Ayub that he would not.
Sanctioning Pakistan in the 1965 war, and kept those sanctions for 15 years, till the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, they were only lifted in 1980.
Just endless examples.

We had made the right decision, but, Pakistan of today is not the Pakistan of yesterday. It is much stronger, and more confident.

India also made a choice, it choose the Soviet camp, non-alliance was just a drama and a lie. India was fully in the Soviet camp, who gave India lot of money, material and support, and never sanctioned them.

Whatever the history, today, we are in a lot more secure position, and a lot bigger, in capabilities, allies and population size relative to other nations. 232 million, and Fifth largest country in the world is not a joke.

Mate..I think your source of information is just based on what is propagated by your establishment.

What is the basis of you saying the above in bold....
- Compared to "yesterday", We have more debt, less Forex reserve, much weaker economy, more unemployment, Weaker political environment, Hardly any international support / friendly countries, Lost face/ tarnished international image.... certainly Pakistan of today is not of Yesterday.....but much stronger and confident!! Nice Joke.

- On right decisions...Pakistan's current situation is the testimony to all those great decisions taken by by your Generals in the past ... and it will continues in the future....Good Luck

I can give my answer from different angle and lets see where US interest fit.
Pakistan and China mostly share common strategic and economic interests and hold similar viewpoints on the regional geostrategic environment. In the Chinese perspective, Pakistan is a significant regional ally which serves:
  • A link to the strategic maritime outlet to Strait of Hormuz and the Persian Gulf support 20 percent of the Global Oil trade

Oil is not as important given the switch to renewables and CO2 emission limits. China has a lot of other sources - Central Asia and Russia

Mate..I think your source of information is just based on what is propagated by your establishment.

What is the basis of you saying the above in bold....
- Compared to "yesterday", We have more debt, less Forex reserve, much weaker economy, more unemployment, Weaker political environment, Hardly any international support / friendly countries, Lost face/ tarnished international image.... certainly Pakistan of today is not of Yesterday.....but much stronger and confident!! Nice Joke.

- On right decisions...Pakistan's current situation is the testimony to all those great decisions taken by by your Generals in the past ... and it will continues in the future....Good Luck

Establishment?
Are you implying that as human beings, we do not have freedom of thought? Including you?
Or, are some people automatically assumed to be influenced by another, just because you disagree with what's being said?

Come on, get serious. But, I will reply to your query, still, but you clearly hold an unfair bias.
Lets start by making an argument, for that, you also have to justify your statements, rather then rely on assumed truths.

1 Weaker economy,
2 Less forex reserves,
3 Higher debt,
4 More unemployment,
5 Weaker political environment,
6 Less international support,
7 Worse international image.

You statement covers the above areas. Because you have started by making bold claims, how about you justify your statement by providing a basic comparative analysis. Then I will provide answers to your statement, and provide my own reasoning's. Right now, I disagree with most of your claims, not all but most.

You need to be clear as to why you are making those claims, without which, I am unable to provide a rational reply, because you have not said anything, it means nothing, just words picked out of thin air. Tell me , how we were before, and how we are now, with figures, where possible.

If you are unable to do so, then stop wasting my time, and go spend your fantasies on someone else. Just stop spreading drama and lies.

Oil is not as important given the switch to renewables and CO2 emission limits. China has a lot of other sources - Central Asia and Russia
You are not burning it , but where do you getting carbon fiber for your vehicles ? I think as per your logic if we remove oil , then how ?

Establishment?
Are you implying that as human beings, we do not have freedom of thought? Including you?
Or, are some people automatically assumed to be influenced by another, just because you disagree with what's being said?

Come on, get serious. But, I will reply to your query, still, but you clearly hold an unfair bias.
Lets start by making an argument, for that, you also have to justify your statements, rather then rely on assumed truths.

1 Weaker economy,
2 Less forex reserves,
3 Higher debt,
4 More unemployment,
5 Weaker political environment,
6 Less international support,
7 Worse international image.

You statement covers the above areas. Because you have started by making bold claims, how about you justify your statement by providing a basic comparative analysis. Then I will provide answers to your statement, and provide my own reasoning's. Right now, I disagree with most of your claims, not all but most.

You need to be clear as to why you are making those claims, without which, I am unable to provide a rational reply, because you have not said anything, it means nothing, just words picked out of thin air. Tell me , how we were before, and how we are now, with figures, where possible.

If you are unable to do so, then stop wasting my time, and go spend your fantasies on someone else. Just stop spreading drama and lies.

So you are putting onus on me to prove to you (typical Mindset of..) than to acknowledge what is known to everyone.

Tell me out of those 7 points, which one you need evidence/supporting artefacts?

Going forward, Pakistan must realize there is little left in this relationship.

USA is betting on a dead horse, India, to fight its war. India under Modi is a fractious country. It neither has resources nor will to fight China.

In Afghanistan, USA has no intention to leave. Since agreement with Taliban, they have been violating the agreement. Since media is controlled by the West, there is no mention of this, Out of frustration, when Taliban respond, it will be a breaking news. Peace in Afghanistan is not in US interest. The controlled chaos is the excuse to stay put. If there is peace, there is no reason to stay.

So Pakistan stop hoping of peace there delivered by USA. Pakistan should rally support of regional countries like Russia, China and Afghanistan Iran to bring lasting peace in the region. Peace is in our interest not in USA's.

Last edited:
The only beneficial relationship with Americans is to milk them as much as possible for whatever gains.

habbit of ordering Pakistan with their wishes will take few years to break...for both Arabs and Americans.

You are not burning it , but where do you getting carbon fiber for your vehicles ? I think as per your logic if we remove oil , then how ?

Oil is less important than it was.

With electric vehicles and solar energy the overall demand and pricing power of the oil exporters is going down.

USA is not only self-sufficient in hydrocarbons but also an exporter. Russia has surplus hydrocarbons.

How hard is it to grasp that ?

Return to Obama era policies which is hardly surprising. However there are some differences now which will become more apparent with time.

1) India has more and more overtly shifted over to Hindu nationalism which will be harder for their "liberal" Democrat allies to push to their domestic audience. Republicans are their natural allies in the US but Trump seemingly did not get along with Modi (internationalizing the Kashmir occupation by offering to mediate goes against New Dehils central demand which is that this is a domestic issue for India).

2) The Democratic party is much more fractured today than it was during Obamas presidency and the likes of Sanders, AOC and Warren have made left leaning factions of the party more mainstream and popular. Their younger "woke" followers will not take a liking to Indian forces blinding peaceful protesters with pellets or the Indian police colluding with thugs in beating up farmers protesting for rights. The rise of social media will only amplify this. In the past couple of days for example individuals such as Greta Thunberg and even Rihanna have tweeted against New Delhis handling of the farmers protest. This affects public opinion.

3) When Obama took over India was the new shining star which was supposed to keep the Chinese in check militarily and economically. That dream is becoming more and more distant as every year passes. The realization of this has resulted in the QUAD but it suffers from the same flaws which Indias supposed rise was going to do i.e. stagnant economic growth and over reliance on the Chinese market for exports.

-------------------

My conclusion from all of this is that whilst the days of an alliance or close partnership between Washington and Islamabad are long gone, we can attempt to sabotage and counter complete US patronage to New Delhi over its South Asian policy by emphasizing the frictions in their relationship. By doing this we can have an ally in Beijing and an indifferent rather than hostile entity in Washington.

Back
Top Bottom