What's new

US Politics

So this will be your litmus test?

Doesn't sound like a rational decision given that both Democrats and Republicans lean towards India. Besides, US-Pak relations are like way bottom of the list on why one should vote, especially if you live in the US.

But, then again, is your prerogative.
The problem with my fellow Pakistanis, and especially those on the right, is that they are too emotional when it comes to India and almost see all Indians as enemies, ignoring the fact that Kamala is a liberal Democrat and was born in United States. They will rather vote for one of America’s most Islamophobic/Racist president ever. Who is considered one of Modi’s closest foreign ally.

The problem with my fellow Pakistanis, and especially those on the right, is that they are too emotional when it comes to India and almost see all Indians as enemies, ignoring the fact that Kamala is a liberal Democrat and was born in United States. They will rather vote for one of America’s most Islamophobic/Racist president ever. Who is considered one of Modi’s closest foreign ally.

Kamala Harris does not even advertise her Indian side but calls herself African-American. In fact, I didn't know she was half-Indian until much later. Still, as a liberal democrat, she will not look too fondly at the current Indian government and its rightward tendencies. Modi and Trump may be BFFs, but I'm seeing some turbulence in Indo-US relations if Biden/Harris wins.

I would also like to add that some Indians are no different than Pakistanis on the reasons for who they vote for. Many Indians, especially Modi supporters, will back Trump simply because of Trump's unalloyed support for Modi. Never mind that Trump is anti-immigrant and racist. But then again, these Indians are more worried about Modi and India than the US. I wish these Indians to emigrate.

Political scientist professor who has correctly predicted every presidential election since 1984 says Biden will win in 2020.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/allan-lichtman-presidential-election-accurate-prediction-trump-biden/

The election will be a close one and may even lead to legal troubles a la 2000.

That's pretty wild and definitely interesting in that it's not the average poling method which he went into detail describing how that changes almost on a daily basis and why you can't go by it. But his list of 13 questions seem to narrow the results down pretty accurately which is rather fascinating. Good post.

Trump and Republicans' August fundraising falls $154M short of Biden and Democrats

Trump and Republicans' August fundraising falls $154M short of Biden and Democrats

© Getty Images

President Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC) raked in $210 million in August, raising roughly $154 million less than Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) did in the same period.

The news comes roughly a week after the Biden campaign and the DNC announced they raised a record $364.5 million, with $205 million coming from online and small-dollar contributions.
The RNC and the Trump campaign touted their $76 million haul over the course of the four-day Republican National Convention, which bested Biden and the DNC's haul of $70 million during the Democratic National Convention the week before.

"Both campaigns are raising massive amounts of money, but have very different priorities about how to spend it," said Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien. "In addition to advertising, President Trump’s campaign has invested heavily in a muscular field operation and ground game that will turn out our voters, while the Biden campaign is waging almost exclusively an air war. We like our strategy better. The Trump campaign will have all the resources we need to spread the message of President Trump’s incredible record of achievement, on the ground and on the air, and define Joe Biden as a tool of the radical left."
Neither campaign has released its cash on hand numbers for August. The Trump campaign led in cash-on-hand in July before Biden recruited Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) to be his running mate.

Trump’s campaign and the RNC have spent more than $800 million on the president's reelection bid. Biden and the DNC have spent approximately $414 million through July.
Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday that Trump has considered spending up to $100 million of his own money on his reelection campaign, which would be unprecedented, and Trump later confirmed he would be willing to spend his own money if necessary. Additionally, the New York Times reported on Monday that some in the Trump campaign have expressed fears about "a cash crunch."
Stepien on Tuesday sought to reassure Republicans, saying the campaign was "comfortable and confident in where we’re spending, how much we’re spending and how much we’ll have down the stretch."
Biden leads Trump by an average of 7.1 points, according to the Real Clear Politics polling average.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ust-fundraising-falls-154m-short-of-biden-and

The key for Democrats is not fundraising but to turn out and vote. Clinton had a billion-dollar election machine backing her and she still lost because Democrats were too lazy to vote, thinking, wrongfully, that Clinton was going to win.

Trump and Republicans' August fundraising falls $154M short of Biden and Democrats' August fundraising falls $154M short of Biden and Democrats

© Getty Images

President Trump's reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee (RNC) raked in $210 million in August, raising roughly $154 million less than Joe Biden and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) did in the same period.

The news comes roughly a week after the Biden campaign and the DNC announced they raised a record $364.5 million, with $205 million coming from online and small-dollar contributions.
The RNC and the Trump campaign touted their $76 million haul over the course of the four-day Republican National Convention, which bested Biden and the DNC's haul of $70 million during the Democratic National Convention the week before.

"Both campaigns are raising massive amounts of money, but have very different priorities about how to spend it," said Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien. "In addition to advertising, President Trump’s campaign has invested heavily in a muscular field operation and ground game that will turn out our voters, while the Biden campaign is waging almost exclusively an air war. We like our strategy better. The Trump campaign will have all the resources we need to spread the message of President Trump’s incredible record of achievement, on the ground and on the air, and define Joe Biden as a tool of the radical left."
Neither campaign has released its cash on hand numbers for August. The Trump campaign led in cash-on-hand in July before Biden recruited Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) to be his running mate.

Trump’s campaign and the RNC have spent more than $800 million on the president's reelection bid. Biden and the DNC have spent approximately $414 million through July.
Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday that Trump has considered spending up to $100 million of his own money on his reelection campaign, which would be unprecedented, and Trump later confirmed he would be willing to spend his own money if necessary. Additionally, the New York Times reported on Monday that some in the Trump campaign have expressed fears about "a cash crunch."
Stepien on Tuesday sought to reassure Republicans, saying the campaign was "comfortable and confident in where we’re spending, how much we’re spending and how much we’ll have down the stretch."
Biden leads Trump by an average of 7.1 points, according to the Real Clear Politics polling average.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...ust-fundraising-falls-154m-short-of-biden-and

The key for Democrats is not fundraising but to turn out and vote. Clinton had a billion-dollar election machine backing her and she still lost because Democrats were too lazy to vote, thinking, wrongfully, that Clinton was going to win.

It's crazy how they spend money on these campaigns. Those private jets are big bucks of course and imagine if they really had to pay every one instead of having volunteers do a lot of work. It's really unfathomable where the hell all that money goes!??!

And this new book by Bob Woodward has all the recordings to go with all the bombshells in that thing, oof. This election cannot come soon enough and the result we want to see can't come soon enough either.
I think Florida is gonna mess things up AGAIN like it did before and this thing could get ugly. The two are tied in FA ATM at 48% each and you think to yourself how the frig is that possible with all that has happened? Then you realize oh yeah, it's Florida LOL! Gaddam fish-catching alligator wrestling hillbilly hacks.

It's crazy how they spend money on these campaigns. Those private jets are big bucks of course and imagine if they really had to pay every one instead of having volunteers do a lot of work. It's really unfathomable where the hell all that money goes!??!

I'm sure a lot of money goes into all the infrastructure they need, especially in battleground states. Plus, there are consultants to pay. But the bulk of the money goes to buy ads, mostly television and online.

And this new book by Bob Woodward has all the recordings to go with all the bombshells in that thing, oof. This election cannot come soon enough and the result we want to see can't come soon enough either.
I think Florida is gonna mess things up AGAIN like it did before and this thing could get ugly. The two are tied in FA ATM at 48% each and you think to yourself how the frig is that possible with all that has happened? Then you realize oh yeah, it's Florida LOL! Gaddam fish-catching alligator wrestling hillbilly hacks.

Don't be surprised if legal problems arise post-election. COVID and mail-in ballots will make a mess of things.
In addition, each state has its own way of holding elections. I've long argued for all federal elections, at least, be run by the federal government, thought the Federal Election Commission. But this will require a constitutional amendment.

Kamala Harris does not even advertise her Indian side but calls herself African-American. In fact, I didn't know she was half-Indian until much later. Still, as a liberal democrat, she will not look too fondly at the current Indian government and its rightward tendencies. Modi and Trump may be BFFs, but I'm seeing some turbulence in Indo-US relations if Biden/Harris wins.

I would also like to add that some Indians are no different than Pakistanis on the reasons for who they vote for. Many Indians, especially Modi supporters, will back Trump simply because of Trump's unalloyed support for Modi. Never mind that Trump is anti-immigrant and racist. But then again, these Indians are more worried about Modi and India than the US. I wish these Indians to emigrate.
Absolutely right. Democrats and Modi government already are having problems. Joe Biden in his manifesto “Agenda for Muslims” has stated that he “understands the pain Muslim-Americans feel toward what’s happening in Muslim majority countries and countries with significant Muslim populations.” Beside harshly criticizing China’s “detention of over a million Uyghur Muslims”.

“In Kashmir, the Indian government should take all necessary steps to restore rights for all people of Kashmir. Restriction on dissent, such as preventing peaceful protests or shutting or slowing down the Internet, weaken democracy. Joe Biden has been disappointed by the measure that the government of India has taken with the implementation and aftermath of the National Register of Citizen in Assam and the passage of the Citizenship Amendment act into law. These measures are inconsistent with the country’s long tradition of secularism and with sustaining a multi-ethnic and multi-religious democracy”.

Democratic Congresswoman Jayapal, the first Indian American woman to be elected to the House of Representatives, few months ago had introduced a resolution in the House, on Kashmir. The Modi government was so upset that the visiting Minister of India refused to meet her, in protest, many other Democrats criticized him and refuse to meet him, Kamala Harris was one of them, she also issued a strongly worded statement in support of congresswoman Jayapal, in which she criticized Indian Minister’s behavior.

On the other hand, Trump who was in India in February when Hindu-Muslim riots were taking place in parts of Indian capital Delhi, praised Modi for being a very religious man whom he admired and declined to discuss Citizenship Law, (which clearly discriminates against Muslims) saying it was really up to India to handle. Clearly, a green light to Modi to keep up with his extremist policies.

No wonder, Modi and his followers strongly support Trump, during his Howdy Modi rally in the US, Modi went out of his way to endorse Trump for his second term. Throughout his speech Modi did not talk much about US-Indian relation, but spoke more about his personal relationship with Trump, and went on to say “Abki Baar Trump Sarker”. Modi’s undiplomatic language just shows how close his relationship is with Trump. And at the same rally, Trump said; “Today, we honor all of the brave American and Indian military service members who work together to safeguard our freedom. We stand proudly in defense of liberty and we are committed to protecting innocent civilians from the threat of radical Islamic terrorism”. This should give us a good clue why both Islamophobic morons are so close.

Republican Voters Against Trump

Young Mother of Two on Why Trump Is Dangerous

"I need to be able to look at my kids in five years, in 10 years, in 15 years, and look them in the eye and tell them that I did something, that I didn't stay silent...It's up to all of us to do something and to stand up for what is right, and that means standing against Donald Trump and voting him out in November."

John voted for Trump in 2016 to prevent a Clinton presidency. Now, he's against another Trump term.

"I can live with a President Joe Biden in a way that I couldn't at the time, live with Hillary Clinton as president."

One may argue that NAFTA was oversold to the masses and stole American jobs in the long term. Trump administration attempted to fix this problem by revisiting NAFTA.

American economic activity was doing very well under Trump Presidency with unemployment reaching a record low until COVID-19 outbreak. All manner of statistics indicate as much.

This meme is misleading TBH.

Back
Top Bottom