What's new

US Politics

Well in this time and age of fake hero posturing/drama regarding the "system"....I think a little time out to acknowledge one that actually did something quite heroic can't hurt:

@VCheng @Joe Shearer @Vibrio @jbgt90 @Hamartia Antidote @Gomig-21 @KAL-EL

From wiki:

While stationed in the South, he "waged a one man battle against Jim Crow from inside the army". He challenged the racial order with provocative statements to his fellow soldiers. This resulted in an overseeing officer filing a court-martial proceeding against Williams. Williams argued his own case and was found not guilty.[4] While considering filing countercharges against the officer that had brought him up for court martial, Williams found himself transferred to Korea. Upon arriving there, Williams marked "Caucasian" for race on his personnel form. When challenged on this, Williams replied wryly if he had marked "Black", he would end up getting all the worst jobs. From Korea, Williams wrote a letter to President John F. Kennedy denouncing the pervasive racism in the American government and military and questioning the actions black Americans should take given the state of affairs, writing:

Should Negroes be relieved of their service obligation or continue defending and dying for empty promises of freedom and equality? Or should we demand human rights as our Founding Fathers did at the risk of being called extremists ... I contend that we relieve ourselves of oppression in a manner that is in keeping with the great heritage of our nation.[4]

He received a reply from the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Alfred B. Fitt, a response which he termed "the most reasonable response that I received from any official."[7]

Williams was described as follows by Richard W. Rahn in a December 20, 2010 Washington Times column:

Friends who knew Mr. Williams long before I did have told me that he, by manner and dress, was viewed as a black radical during his earlier student days. He also freely confesses to having been a troublemaker when he was in the Army and elsewhere. But unlike others less wise, Mr. Williams grew to understand that he could do far more for both his black brothers and sisters and all other Americans by teaching them how free markets don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion or national origin, and hence lead to the greatest opportunity and prosperity for all.[8]

The world will end in 12 years.

I'm 73 years old. Not my problem.

And, Walter Williams is one of the smartest most sensible economists I have ever read or listened. I lived in Northern Virginia where he was an economics professor at George Mason University for many years. He was frequently a guest on radio shows and wrote columns for the newspapers such as the Washington Post, Examiner or Times. I loved to hear him on talk radio.

Last edited:

maxresdefault.jpg

aeadfe12ae229556f47d18c11d4b9c86.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Gotta give props to the Italians for this LOL:

I mean the twitter symbols around the sword and everything hahaha.

@Zibago @Retired Troll @RabzonKhan @VCheng @Desert Fox @OsmanAli98 @James Jaevid @Hamartia Antidote @Tps43 @Mentee @Joe Shearer @The Sandman @GeraltofRivia

This comment kinda says it all really:

I don't care if you like Trump or not or think this is supporting him or mocking him. This is one badass float. Look at that detail on the sword and uniform. They eyes even move. Holy crap, the artists who did this were phenomenal.

@KAL-EL will of course say a cheeseburger or two were missing :rofl:

And, Walter Williams is one of the smartest most sensible economists I have ever read or listened. I lived in Northern Virginia where he was an economics professor at George Mason University for many years. He was frequently a guest on radio shows and wrote columns for the newspapers such as the Washington Post, Examiner or Times. I loved to hear him on talk radio.

Well since I'm calling @VCheng Grandpa, I will call you Great Grandpa @TruthSeeker o_O

@Zibago @Retired Troll @RabzonKhan @VCheng @Desert Fox @OsmanAli98 @James Jaevid @Hamartia Antidote @Tps43 @Mentee @Joe Shearer @The Sandman @GeraltofRivia

I don't care if you like Trump or not or think this is supporting him or mocking him. This is one badass float. Look at that detail on the sword and uniform. They eyes even move. Holy crap, the artists who did this were phenomenal.

I used to hate him but now seeing the whole world order falling apart and American influence falling makes me want to like him
He has no clear policy on anything it changes with the wind which has helped Pakistan
As for America well you deserve a loon for a change maybe that will stop from interfering in other countries :D
The America that is running a more or less treason trial against it's president has the audacity to call similar laws in other countries as outdated and tools of autocratic regimes
I mean you can't make this fukin shit up

Holy xxxx, this is such an incredible piece of artwork, a great combination of details (look at that armor) and functionality (moving eyes, moving heads). think about the man hours that need to spend no this status.

Look like still no one can outplay Italian in term of sculpture after 400 years. Lol.

His face looks so funny and real at the same time :omghaha:

Sen. Amy Klobuchar has won every one of her elections by huge margins. Now she’s running for president.

The Minnesota Democrat has a reputation of being the Senate’s pragmatist.

Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar is running for president in 2020 during a speech at a rally along the Mississippi River on Sunday. She joins a record number of women in the most diverse Democratic primary field in U.S. history.

There are reasons to consider her a serious contender. In her 12 years as Minnesota’s senator, Amy Klobuchar has built a reputation as a quick-witted, hardworking, pragmatist: the “senator next door.”

Klobuchar is popular with voters. At 58, she’s on her third term in the Senate — elections she’s won by landslide margins. She won reelection in 2018 by a whopping 26 points over Republican opponent Jim Newberger, including in 43 counties that President Donald Trump won in 2016. Read more

And she already had a tit-for-tat with our Man-Child President :partay:

=============================================

Saturday Night Live paid homage to the women of Congress

I used to hate him but now seeing the whole world order falling apart and American influence falling makes me want to like him
He has no clear policy on anything it changes with the wind which has helped Pakistan
As for America well you deserve a loon for a change maybe that will stop from interfering in other countries :D
The America that is running a more or less treason trial against it's president has the audacity to call similar laws in other countries as outdated and tools of autocratic regimes
I mean you can't make this fukin shit up

You have made your view of him clear to me a number of times. I agree with some, disagree with other stuff (like US influence waning because of Trump, or waning significantly at all tbh).

Its just a float in the end....that made me chuckle when I saw it.....and impressed by the detail that went into it.

Well I was making reference to something Alexandria Ocasio Cortez mentioned recently.

Looks good, and yes, a cheeseburger or two would have definitely added even more pizzazz :lol:

Back
Top Bottom