What's new

US Politics

Trump is such a clown he took Democrat senator Schumer’s bait, for shutting down his own government, "I am proud to shut down the government for border security,".

Clearly an average American has more commonsense than Trump, according to newly released poll by the NPR – PBS NewsHour –Marist poll, 57% appear in favor of a compromise and oppose risking a government shutdown over the wall. And 69% do not believe building a wall should even be an immediate priority.

Here’s something interesting, Trump wants 5 billion this year for the wall or he will shut down his own government, Sen Schumer claimed that 1.3 billion Congress gave Trump administration last year for the border Security (wall) less than 6% have been spent, in other words, they could not even spend all of the 1.3 billion, but now he wants 5 billion.

And then as usual, Trump lied, the man cannot breathe without lying, he claimed that “10 terrorists were arrested over the last very short period of time,” now imagine that, we’re supposed to believe 10 terrorists were arrested and damn fox news did not even reported it, if that had happened, they would have be running headline news after every 10 freaking minutes.

Bty, what the heck happened, we were told Mexico was going to pay for the wall? :lol:

View attachment 526151

Remember, candidate Trump promised American people that he will only hire the best and brightest. :lol:
Actually, Trump came out on top after that meeting because he was able to expose the Democrats' lies that they care about border security. Trump showed that all he wants is a wall and that he is willing to compromise on anything else, and he can now claim the democrats do not care about Us National Security. Pelosi probably looked tough enough to impress her fellow dems and win the speakership, but she will get as much if not more blame if there is a shutdown in January. Keep in mind that government shutdowns rarely have significant economic effects and will hurt the democrats more than trump. If there is a shutdown, Schumer will fold like he did last year and rump will come on top. Overall, trump has made it clear he is going to fight for border security and not give in to the democrats and he made pelosi and Schumer look weak. He will win any shutdown fight and there i nothing democrats can do to stop him.

Actually, Trump came out on top after that meeting because he was able to expose the Democrats' lies that they care about border security. Trump showed that all he wants is a wall and that he is willing to compromise on anything else, and he can now claim the democrats do not care about Us National Security. Pelosi probably looked tough enough to impress her fellow dems and win the speakership, but she will get as much if not more blame if there is a shutdown in January. Keep in mind that government shutdowns rarely have significant economic effects and will hurt the democrats more than trump. If there is a shutdown, Schumer will fold like he did last year and rump will come on top. Overall, trump has made it clear he is going to fight for border security and not give in to the democrats and he made pelosi and Schumer look weak. He will win any shutdown fight and there i nothing democrats can do to stop him.

Its ok....Killary "won" all the debates with Trump as well...handily! ;)

Why Allegations of Campaign Finance Violations Won’t Bring Down Trump

https://pjmedia.com/trending/why-allegations-of-campaign-finance-violations-wont-bring-down-trump/

Obama is guilty of WORSE and nothing happened.

By Matt Margolis December 13, 2018

pjmedia.com

I think we can all agree that the whole Trump-Russia collusion thing has gone down the toilet because Democrats are not talking about it anymore. Instead, they are pinning their hopes on weak allegations of “illegal” campaign finance violations over hush money payments made to two women alleging affairs. To hear Trump’s enemies talk about it, they think they’ve finally found the issue that will take Trump down.

Like the Trump-Russia nonsense before it, this campaign finance violation approach to bringing down Trump will fail. Why? One only has to look to Trump’s predecessor, who committed far worse campaign violations, for the answer.

In 2008, Barack Obama’s presidential campaign, riding high on grassroots donations, failed to incorporate basic verification and security protocols to prevent fraudulent or perhaps international donations to the campaign.

The Washington Post reported on October 29, 2008:

Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign is allowing donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity, campaign officials confirmed. Faced with a huge influx of donations over the Internet, the campaign has also chosen not to use basic security measures to prevent potentially illegal or anonymous contributions from flowing into its accounts, aides acknowledged. Instead, the campaign is scrutinizing its books for improper donations after the money has been deposited.

Now, why would the Obama campaign have such faulty security for donations? Remember, in 2008, Obama was raising record amounts of money, and he flip-flopped on his promise to accept public funding in the general election. Donations were the life-blood of his campaign, enabling him to outraise and outspend John McCain in the crucial final months of the campaign. Why were they using shoddy security that would “make it impossible to tell whether foreign nationals, donors who have exceeded the limits, government contractors or others who are barred from giving to a federal campaign are making contributions”? Does anyone really believe no one on the Obama team knew that from the beginning?

Would you believe that the Obama campaign was up to the same shenanigans in 2012? Former PJ Media editor Bryan Preston reported that of all the presidential campaigns that year, the Obama campaign, once again, was the only one not using basic security measures to prevent fraudulent or untraceable donations. That's right, despite the Washington Post report in 2008, and despite the ongoing audit of their 2008 campaign, they didn't clean up their act in 2012. Why would they do that? Because they knew that the worst that could happen was that they would have to pay a fine—after the election was over. Which is exactly what happened. In April 2012, the Obama campaign was fined $375,000 for campaign finance violations over their shady 2008 donations and other reporting issues. It was a huge fine that Obama supporters and the media said wasn't a big deal.

Attempts to compare Obama’s campaign finance violations with what Trump is being accused of now (offering hush money to women he allegedly had affairs with to—gasp!—influence the election) are scoffed at by Trump’s critics by writing off the Obama violations as merely clerical issues rather than intentional subversions of campaign finance laws. Seriously? Are we expected to believe that no one in Obama’s campaign organization believed that standard security on credit card donations was necessary in 2008? Or how about the fact that even after being called out on it in 2008, they were still accepting shady donations, enabling foreign nationals to donate, and others to skirt donation limits in 2012? Dinesh D’Souza was tried, convicted, and sentenced to five years probation and eight months in a community confinement center for less.

As others have pointed out, hush money payments are not illegal, nor are they matters of campaign finance. Bradley Smith, the former chairman of the Federal Election Commission, goes into detail at National Review to explain why Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former personal attorney, actually pled guilty to something that isn’t even a crime because hush money payments are not campaign expenditures and therefore there was “no violation of the Federal Election Campaign Act.”

...imagine a wealthy entrepreneur who decides to run for office. Like many men and women with substantial business activities, at any one time there are likely several lawsuits pending against him personally, or against those various businesses. The candidate calls in his company attorney: “I want all outstanding lawsuits against our various enterprises settled.” His lawyer protests that the suits are without merit — the company should clearly win at trial, and he should protect his reputation of not settling meritless lawsuits. “I agree that these suits lack merit,” says our candidate, “but I don’t want them as a distraction during the campaign, and I don’t want to take the risk that the papers will use them to portray me as a heartless tycoon. Get them settled.” The settlements in this hypothetical are made “for the purpose of influencing the election,” yet they are not “expenditures” under the Federal Election Campaign Act. Indeed, if they were, the candidate would have to pay for them with campaign funds. Thus, an unscrupulous but popular businessman could declare his candidacy, gather contributions from the public, use those contributions to settle various preexisting lawsuits, and then withdraw from the race. A nice trick!

Another relevant example would be the hush money Obama attempted to pay his former pastor, the anti-American racist Jeremiah Wright. According to Wright, Barack Obama secretly met with him and asked him not to do “any more public speaking until after the November election” because it would “hurt the campaign.” A close friend of Obama then offered Wright $150,000 to keep quiet. Wright refused, but the offer was made.

Keep in mind, top Democrats are saying Trump should be impeached and possibly jailed over his alleged campaign finance violations. By the standard they’re setting, Obama should have been impeached, and should, even now, face jail time for his far more egregious campaign finance violations.

Democrats know they’re barking up the wrong tree, but their base wants them to pull no punches in their quest to stop Trump. Just sit back and relax. Everything that’s playing out now is simply political theater at its most extreme level.

Nevada will be first state with female-majority Legislature

Women will hold 51 percent of the 63 seats in the Nevada Legislature.

By Associated Press

LAS VEGAS — Nevada became the first state in the U.S. with an overall female majority in the Legislature on Tuesday when county officials in Las Vegas appointed two women to fill vacancies in the state Assembly.

The appointments of Democrats Rochelle Thuy Nguyen and Beatrice "Bea" Angela Duran to two Las Vegas-area legislative seats give women 51 percent of the 63 seats in the Legislature.

Women will hold nine of 21 seats in the state Senate, falling short of a majority in that chamber. But they will hold 23 of 42 seats in the Assembly, comprising 55 percent in that chamber and giving women enough numbers to make the two chambers an overall female majority.

No state has previously had a female-majority or even a 50 percent-female Legislature, according to the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University, which tracks women's political representation.

Women picked up seats in the Nevada Assembly and Senate during the 2018 November election but fell short of an overall majority. Vacancies created by lawmakers who won election to other offices in November, along with one sitting female lawmaker then allowed women to gain additional seats.

Before 2018, New Hampshire was the first state to have a female majority in any legislative chamber, when women held a majority in the New Hampshire state Senate in 2009 and 2010.

With the 2018 election, women cracked the 50 percent threshold in the Nevada state Assembly and Colorado State House, but no overall majority was reached until the Nevada appointments.

"It is unprecedented at this point to see a majority female legislature overall," said Kelly Dittmar, an assistant professor of political science at Rutgers-Camden.

With the two Nevada appointments, women will make up 28.6 percent of state legislators nationwide when new legislators are sworn into office in 2019, according to data from the Center for American Women and Politics. Read more

When Trump took Schumer’s bait during the White House brawl and said, he would be “proud” to shut down the government, “I will be the one to shut it down,” “I’m not going to blame you for it.” Boom, right there, he lost the leverage, now he cannot blame the Democrats, because he took full responsibility for shutting down the government, big blunder.

He is not going to get 5 billion, that’s for sure. He has stuck himself in a shithole, too bad, he and his Republican party will soon have to find a face-saving rope to pull him out of the shithole. :lol:

If they do not act fast, a shutdown could occur at midnight Friday four days before Christmas disrupting government operation and leaving thousands of federal employees without pay over the holiday season.

No, my friend, he is not going to win this battle and we’ll know who won in two days.

Cheers!

There he goes again, since he put himself in a shithole over his stupid wall demands, to change the news cycle, he has put himself in a deeper shithole. The genius woke up and tweeted:

Of course, most experts and even his own Pentagon knows that’s a lie.

So, what happened to the so-called policy goals, defeating ISIS, protecting our Kurdish allies, kicking out Iran from Syria among other issues? Maybe Trump forgot he was quick in criticizing Pres Obama for his decision to pull troops out of Iraq, isn’t he making a similar mistake, I think he knows ISIS has not been fully defeated, despite his BS claim.

But one thing is quite clear, this is a great victory for ISIS, Iran and Russia. Putin was quick in welcoming Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from Syria, calling it the right decision.

==============================================

The Late Show host mocked Trump after reading his tweet and added his own hot take in his Trumpian voice saying, “…but after the Trump presidency I might head over there because I’ll be on the run from the law and there will be no troops to find me.”

Colbert sarcastically added, “I know that this might shock you…what he said might not be true.” He said that the tweet might have come as a surprise to a little organization called the Pentagon because according to the Defense Department, the number of ISIS members in Syria and Iraq is as high as 30,000…and allies are on the cusp of capturing the last major town held by ISIS east of the Euphrates.

mattis.jpg

A sad day for America and its allies around the world. Defense Secretary Gen Mattis resigns in protest at Trump’s stupid policies. He will leave Trump’s madhouse at the end of February. It is well known that he disagreed with clown’s many foreign policy decisions, but I think pulling out troops from Syria was the final straw, clearly the great General had enough with the clown.

In his resignation letter he didn’t hide his feelings. He cited the importance of US alliances, “One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships.” “While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies.” Clearly a rebuke to Trump’s treatment of our NATO allies. He also warned the dangers US faces from authoritarian countries such as China and Russia.

I noticed at no point in the letter he offered any gratitude or praise of Trump.

============================================

Chaos, Gen Mattis resigns, Stocks sink, shutdown looms, who needs enemies.

View attachment 527987

A sad day for America and its allies around the world. Defense Secretary Gen Mattis resigns in protest at Trump’s stupid policies. He will leave Trump’s madhouse at the end of February. It is well known that he disagreed with clown’s many foreign policy decisions, but I think pulling out troops from Syria was the final straw, clearly the great General had enough with the clown.

In his resignation letter he didn’t hide his feelings. He cited the importance of US alliances, “One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships.” “While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies.” Clearly a rebuke to Trump’s treatment of our NATO allies. He also warned the dangers US faces from authoritarian countries such as China and Russia.

I noticed at no point in the letter he offered any gratitude or praise of Trump.

============================================

Chaos, Gen Mattis resigns, Stocks sink, shutdown looms, who needs enemies.
It’s up to the americans to decide what the best for their country you are Pakistani you have no say and don’t act you care about America you just hate trump because he is against you unlike the demo liberal leftist scumbags

It’s up to the americans to decide what the best for their country you are Pakistani you have no say and don’t act you care about America you just hate trump because he is against you unlike the demo liberal leftist scumbags
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m a proud American and I do care because this is my country. Became an American citizen in 2014.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m a proud American and I do care because this is my country. Became an American citizen in 2014.
No you only care about your own interests

Because we know trump is doing the best for America

Trump’s government shutdown begins as talks falter over his stupid border wall that supposedly Mexico was going to pay for.

Departments and Agencies that can be impacted by the shutdown are Homeland Security, Interior, Transportation, Treasury, Housing, State, Agriculture, Commerce and Environment. Thanks to Trump, more than 800,000 federal employees will have to work without pay over the Christmas season.

It’s so disgusting he has shut down the government during Christmas season (where is his damn Christmas spirit) over the border wall that he repeatedly during his campaign and after he became president said Mexico was going to pay for it.

And then there is so much confusion, first he said he would be proud to shut down the government, then he gave the green light to his Republican Senators to pass a temporarily spending bill without border funding, but then he changed his mind again because some of his crazy right-wing supporters like, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham and the so-called Conservative Freedom Caucus got upset with him, in other words, the Pres of United States shutdown the government to please his right-wing nuts supporters.

But here’s the irony, his supporters are saying by shutting down the government Trump is fulfilling the promise he made to them, but maybe they forgot that his original promise was that he is going to build wall that Mexico was going to pay for, but now he wants to force American taxpayers to pay for that useless wall.

On numerous occasions Trump said Mexico was going to pay for the wall: Sources

But now, Trump is threatening a very long government shutdown as he tries to shift blame to Democrats. :rolleyes:

Here’s what he was saying last week. Notice, he was telling the Democrats that "I will take the mantle" "I'm not going to blame you for it".

Democrat Sen Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi rightly countered that the shutdown was the result of Trump’s temper tantrum and said they had offered him multiple proposals to keep the government open, which of course, he rejected.

They also pointed out that the Republicans control the White House, Senate and the House, but instead of honoring his responsibility to the American people he has pushed our nation into a destructive shutdown during the Christmas season. And said that during the White House meeting Trump had said more than 25 times that he wanted a shutdown and now he has gotten what he wanted. So true!

No you only care about your own interests

Because we know trump is doing the best for America
I don’t want to sound rude, but you are making no sense. So please go ahead and tell me what are my “own interest”?

Thanks @Nilgiri I really appreciate that.

As I have told @Joe Shearer I much appreciate those that can cogently put down their point of view and argument...esp for those I disagree with. There is no question you love the US and want whats best for it....just the amount of time you have dedicated in this thread should amply illustrate it. I for one do much appreciate to see how events gather and percolate as you see fit to present them...it gives me a valued reference point.

Trump’s government shutdown begins as talks falter over his stupid border wall that supposedly Mexico was going to pay for.

Departments and Agencies that can be impacted by the shutdown are Homeland Security, Interior, Transportation, Treasury, Housing, State, Agriculture, Commerce and Environment. Thanks to Trump, more than 800,000 federal employees will have to work without pay over the Christmas season.

It’s so disgusting he has shut down the government during Christmas season (where is his damn Christmas spirit) over the border wall that he repeatedly during his campaign and after he became president said Mexico was going to pay for it.

And then there is so much confusion, first he said he would be proud to shut down the government, then he gave the green light to his Republican Senators to pass a temporarily spending bill without border funding, but then he changed his mind again because some of his crazy right-wing supporters like, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham and the so-called Conservative Freedom Caucus got upset with him, in other words, the Pres of United States shutdown the government to please his right-wing nuts supporters.

But here’s the irony, his supporters are saying by shutting down the government Trump is fulfilling the promise he made to them, but maybe they forgot that his original promise was that he is going to build wall that Mexico was going to pay for, but now he wants to force American taxpayers to pay for that useless wall.

On numerous occasions Trump said Mexico was going to pay for the wall: Sources

But now, Trump is threatening a very long government shutdown as he tries to shift blame to Democrats. :rolleyes:

Here’s what he was saying last week. Notice, he was telling the Democrats that "I will take the mantle" "I'm not going to blame you for it".

Democrat Sen Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi rightly countered that the shutdown was the result of Trump’s temper tantrum and said they had offered him multiple proposals to keep the government open, which of course, he rejected.

They also pointed out that the Republicans control the White House, Senate and the House, but instead of honoring his responsibility to the American people he has pushed our nation into a destructive shutdown during the Christmas season. And said that during the White House meeting Trump had said more than 25 times that he wanted a shutdown and now he has gotten what he wanted. So true!

I don’t want to sound rude, but you are making no sense. So please go ahead and tell me what are my “own interest”?

You want a president prefer the immigrants over a president that care only for Americans so that’s say much about you and your love and loyalty for USA

Nevada will be first state with female-majority Legislature

Women will hold 51 percent of the 63 seats in the Nevada Legislature.

By Associated Press

LAS VEGAS — Nevada became the first state in the U.S. with an overall female majority in the Legislature on Tuesday when county officials in Las Vegas appointed two women to fill vacancies in the state Assembly.

The appointments of Democrats Rochelle Thuy Nguyen and Beatrice "Bea" Angela Duran to two Las Vegas-area legislative seats give women 51 percent of the 63 seats in the Legislature.

Women will hold nine of 21 seats in the state Senate, falling short of a majority in that chamber. But they will hold 23 of 42 seats in the Assembly, comprising 55 percent in that chamber and giving women enough numbers to make the two chambers an overall female majority.

No state has previously had a female-majority or even a 50 percent-female Legislature, according to the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University, which tracks women's political representation.

Women picked up seats in the Nevada Assembly and Senate during the 2018 November election but fell short of an overall majority. Vacancies created by lawmakers who won election to other offices in November, along with one sitting female lawmaker then allowed women to gain additional seats.

Before 2018, New Hampshire was the first state to have a female majority in any legislative chamber, when women held a majority in the New Hampshire state Senate in 2009 and 2010.

With the 2018 election, women cracked the 50 percent threshold in the Nevada state Assembly and Colorado State House, but no overall majority was reached until the Nevada appointments.

"It is unprecedented at this point to see a majority female legislature overall," said Kelly Dittmar, an assistant professor of political science at Rutgers-Camden.

With the two Nevada appointments, women will make up 28.6 percent of state legislators nationwide when new legislators are sworn into office in 2019, according to data from the Center for American Women and Politics. Read more

When Trump took Schumer’s bait during the White House brawl and said, he would be “proud” to shut down the government, “I will be the one to shut it down,” “I’m not going to blame you for it.” Boom, right there, he lost the leverage, now he cannot blame the Democrats, because he took full responsibility for shutting down the government, big blunder.

He is not going to get 5 billion, that’s for sure. He has stuck himself in a shithole, too bad, he and his Republican party will soon have to find a face-saving rope to pull him out of the shithole. :lol:

If they do not act fast, a shutdown could occur at midnight Friday four days before Christmas disrupting government operation and leaving thousands of federal employees without pay over the holiday season.

No, my friend, he is not going to win this battle and we’ll know who won in two days.

Cheers!
trump made it clear he did not want to shut down the government, but Nancy and Chuck gave him no choice. trump does not go back on his promises to his constituents, and he cares about the safety and security of Americans. Thus he is willing to shut down non-essential gov departments. And the house approved a budget with 5 billion for the border wall, which means the shutdown is only Schumer's fault.

Schumer thought he was acting tough and baiting Trump, but he was only cornering himself. At the best he just looked like Nancy's minion, at the worst he embarrassed himself on National television. And now he is responsible for shutting down the gov.

As for Nevada, yeah that state has been trending blue. it's all the California transpants and illegal immigrants. Quite a shame, since it is actually a decent state due to its libertarian policies. I was actually there last year.

KAROL MARKOWICZ
OPINION

How the Trump presidency made me a better American
By Karol Markowicz

December 30, 2018 | 11:10pm

donald-trump-presidency-1.jpg

Donald TrumpAFP/Getty Images

Nearly two years after his inauguration, I have concluded that President Trump has made me a better person.

For starters, I’m more compassionate. After the election, I was as dazed and confused as anyone in the political-media bubble. To understand what happened, I devoured reporting about Trump voters and sought to understand them.

I wasn’t some liberal, mind you. I had worked for years in Republican politics. Yet I hadn’t known any Trump primary voters. I didn’t know his fans, his base.

Reading their concerns was eye-opening. They weren’t stupid, and they weren’t hateful. Mainstream politicians had ignored them for so long that they took a wild chance on the reality-TV star from Queens.

At the same time, because I wasn’t a Trump voter, I understood the pain of people frightened by his win. Caring about his voters didn’t preclude caring about his opponents, I found.

I talked down friends who thought America was over because of his presidency. I exulted in our institutions and checks and balances, and I defended them when they were attacked by Trump — or his adversaries.

America seemed more divided than ever, but being scared of change is a human emotion that we all share. And whatever you think of Trump, he represented a massive change from the status quo ante.

That change has transformed me in another way, as well. To wit, Trump has made me less partisan. I’ve disagreed with plenty of policies of Republican presidents in the past, but I still always felt the need to defend GOP administrations; they were on “my team.”

The beauty, and the curse, of the Trump administration is that the man at the top is on his own team. I can see clearly the good and the bad that his office produces, and there is no need to sugarcoat any of it. Tax cut, good. Tariffs, bad. I can praise the first, criticize the second and stay true to my own beliefs.

His presidency also helped me refine which issues truly matter to me and which only appeared to matter because “my party” happened to be pushing them.

I remember caring deeply about President George W. Bush’s effort to partially privatize Social Security. But when the issue faded away, it barely left an imprint on my mind. No longer tied to a political personality or party, my main issues now remain fairly consistent.

Then, too, the mainstream media were largely on a break from history during the eight years of President Barack Obama’s tenure, and it has been gratifying watching them catch up. So many stories about the outrages of the Trump administration are immediately followed by stories of how, actually, “Obama did this, too.”

This made me face my own hypocrisy. When the story broke that Trump was separating migrant children from their parents at the border, I was heartbroken and disgusted. But the follow-up reports, about how the Obama administration took similar action, were even harder to stomach.

Where was I? Where were any of us?

As Franco Ordoñez and Anita Kumar reported for McClatchy in June, when it comes to illegal immigration, the two administrations mainly differ over rhetoric.

According to Ordoñez and Kumar, the Obama administration separated children from their parents, built more and larger facilities that have since been criticized and took other controversial steps, “including fighting to block efforts to require unaccompanied children to have legal representation.”

That this went ignored is shameful, and it has impelled me to be more vigilant going forward.

I have also resisted the siren call of “Trump does it, so it makes it OK.” As I have written in these pages, Trump’s name-calling has made me check my own impulse to let insults fly.

Trump being a mirror for my conduct was clarifying. It didn’t make any sense for me to criticize the president for behavior that I engaged in. Yet so many people lean into the Trumpian way as a way of . . . countering Trump.

There must be a way to move beyond Trump and our culture’s ugliness, which transcends one presidency. Americans can resolve to be better people, instead of racing to the bottom. We won’t always have Trump to blame for our bad behavior. It might be best to start improving it now.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom