What's new

US Politics

Trump and Moore are about to have egg on their faces.

CNN has just called Jones.

This is pretty remarkable considering how deeply red Alabama is. Huge warning sign for the Republicans heading into next years midterms.

I'd be worried if I was a Republican up for reelection in next years midterms.

Yep... Alabama as I'm sure you already know is one of the deepest of deep red states in the country.

I think it's been around 25 years (or so?) since a republican won down there.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if moore and/or Trump came out and screamed

it's rigged! It's rigged!!

Fake news!! Fake news!!

Brainwashing! Brainwashing!

Awesome! Jones had the lead at the start, when it was around 5% then when it when got up to 20% it was Moore ahead and it went up by 29K+ votes and something like 7 points ahead, I thought it was over then Jones made a heck of a comeback.

I hope he derails the tax reform bill, nothing attractive about that as far as I'm concerned, as a small business owner, there's only 1 tiny item besides the health care mandate, other than that, nada.

Just in from the head chief.

Last edited:
Awesome! Jones had the lead at the start, when it was around 5% then when it when got up to 20% it was Moore ahead and it went up by 29K+ votes and something like 7 points ahead, I thought it was over then Jones made a heck of a comeback.

I hope he derails the tax reform bill, nothing attractive about that as far as I'm concerned, as a small business owner, there's only 1 tiny item besides the health care mandate, other than that, nada.

Just in from the head chief.

I must say, I'm almost shocked that Trump didn't go on a Twitter temper tantrum screaming things like...

Fake news!!!

Rigged election!!

None of its real !!

I must say, I'm almost shocked that Trump didn't go on a Twitter temper tantrum screaming things like...

Fake news!!!

Rigged election!!

None of its real !!

DQ7IJ1MUMAAN30M.jpg:large

What's incredible is Moore hasn't even conceded the loss yet. He never called Jones to congratulate him because his campaign thinks that since the difference is so close and they'll still be counting votes for the next few weeks, they think it's possible it could change! Now they're gonna try to push this tax bill through legislation before Jones gets sworn-in in January. Crazy.

Last edited:
Hopefully that disgusting tax reform bill dies out without passing.

Republicans have betrayed the common man and worked for their rich donor class, as always.

Fake news!!!

Rigged election!!

None of its real !!

Remember Trump didn't Moore in the primary, but his opponent. Trump only backed Moore because he needed to keep a GOP majority in the Senate, not because he agreed or liked the key. In a sense, Trump feels vindicated. Strange at this may sound.

I'm not against tax cuts. I think more money left in people's pockets the better. My issue is the increase in deficits that this tax cut will cause. It's always the same problem year-after-year: too much spending. It seems neither party is interested in cutting spending, but only increasing or decreasing taxes.

What a great victory! I am loving it! :usflag:

Against all odds, for the first time after almost 25 years, a Democrat would represent Alabama in the U.S. Senate.

After the victories in Virginia and New Jersey the Democratic base is energized, get ready Republicans the blue wave could be approaching in the 2018 midterm elections.

Doug-Jones.jpg

Doug Jones’s victory speech, in three minutes

Trump turns US into an totalitarian country
Quote,
TRUMP WHITE HOUSE WEIGHING PLANS FOR PRIVATE SPIES TO COUNTER “DEEP STATE” ENEMIES
Matthew Cole, Jeremy Scahill
December 4 2017,

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Donald Trump’s presidency.

The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.

“Pompeo can’t trust the CIA bureaucracy, so we need to create this thing that reports just directly to him,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official with firsthand knowledge of the proposals, in describing White House discussions. “It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”

The proposals would utilize an army of spies with no official cover in several countries deemed “denied areas” for current American intelligence personnel, including North Korea and Iran. The White House has also considered creating a new global rendition unit meant to capture terrorist suspects around the world, as well as a propaganda campaign in the Middle East and Europe to combat Islamic extremism and Iran.

“I can find no evidence that this ever came to the attention of anyone at the NSC or [White House] at all,” wrote Michael N. Anton, a spokesperson for the National Security Council, in an email. “The White House does not and would not support such a proposal.” But a current U.S. intelligence official appeared to contradict that assertion, stating that the various proposals were first pitched at the White House before being delivered to the CIA. The Intercept reached out to several senior officials that sources said had been briefed on the plans by Prince, including Vice President Mike Pence. His spokesperson wrote there was “no record of [Prince] ever having met with or briefed the VP.” North did not respond to a request for comment.

According to two former senior intelligence officials, Pompeo has embraced the plan and lobbied the White House to approve the contract. Asked for comment, a CIA spokesperson said, “You have been provided wildly inaccurate information by people peddling an agenda.”

/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

It seems the American voters are fed up with Trump's lies and bogus rhetoric. Democrats have the biggest lead in congressional preference over the Republican since 2008, in 2008 they won the White House and seats in the Senate and House.

According to the NBC/WSJ poll, 50% preferred Democrats and 39% Republican for next year’s midterms.

The poll also found that 59% of Democratic voters are showing the highest level of interest in the coming midterms, compared with 49% of Republicans. Link

congressional_preference_for_the_2018_midterms_prefer_democrats_prefer_republicans_chartbuilder_28129_1_f6b2a057f3a70c50c9b58dcebc460c2a.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Remember Trump didn't Moore in the primary, but his opponent. Trump only backed Moore because he needed to keep a GOP majority in the Senate, not because he agreed or liked the key. In a sense, Trump feels vindicated. Strange at this may sound.
No, Trump is not vindicated, he is just making lame excuses for backing another loser. It should be a wake-up call for Trump and his supporters, after winning Alabama by 28 points in 2016 presidential elections, in a way, he has lost twice there, by supporting two losers.

I'm not against tax cuts. I think more money left in people's pockets the better. My issue is the increase in deficits that this tax cut will cause. It's always the same problem year-after-year: too much spending. It seems neither party is interested in cutting spending, but only increasing or decreasing taxes.
I agree.

If you really simplify it, most of the tax cuts go to the very wealthy, it's that simple. That is the #1 problem with this bill. The business rate is the primary concern for the orange-headed baboon, not the average middle-class voter and that tells a lot. Then you mentioned the deficit; think of who is gong to be stuck with a $4 trillion rise in the current deficit as a result of this bill? Our kids and grand-kids, that's who. Yes, it's going to be $4 trillion and not $1.3 trillion that they're trying to sell us. The great Leon Panetta (former Secretary of Defense, CIA director, White House Chief of Staff and director of Management and Budget so if anyone knows what they're talking about it's this guy,) he had a very detailed description of how it will get to that number and it made a ton of sense.

And probably the worst part is the blatant con from the baboon and his fearful pawns, that this will bring back jobs to the US! Does this goofball really think we are that stupid!? This is the genius that people were touting about?

You saw his cutting of all the federal regulations and who do these federal regulations control? All the banks and the crooks on wall street, that's who. And who would benefit from that? You and me? Or the other 93% of Americans out there? Look at the deregulation of banks that got us into the epic, economic collapse of 2008. All the people making millions and billions don't want regulations so they can weasel the system and take advantage of the smaller guys. This is textbook, crook Donald Trump in action. It's amazing how blatantly obvious this is. At the same time, we're being thrown crumbs to appease us ad make it sound like we're the ones that are being helped. Yeah, ok.

Then they asked the department of treasury to submit an outline that explains what the tax changes are and how this tax bill will pay for itself and how it will bring jobs back to the US and what are the conditions that need to change (AUTOMATICALLY) in the bill so that if they see the numbers not working n a few years, the new regs are changed automatically to make the proper adjustments, sort of a "fail safe" so that we can avert a fiscal abyss in time. So you figured a document by the secretary of treasury on how all of this would be solved, would be the size of an encyclopedia, right? It was 1 page!!! 1 PAGE! Look at the language on this thing they handed out to the media. Look at the first line for the the "Goals" of the plan loool.

C-WyuVGXoAAbQrg.jpg

Written by the biggest money hoarding mongrel clown and his twisted money grubbing trophy wife. These are the wonderful people who are in public service because they really care about you and me.

170822-mnuchin-linton-mn-0815_d24cd99481af47d996bc92ecf541cf68.jpg

You know the story about these two idiots who took a government plane (and not just a small jet, but one of the big turquoise ones) and went to Fort Knox just to look at the money!? This was part of their lovely honeymoon. lobolobo.

Look at this!

mnuchin-currency.jpg

This is the guy who wrote a 1 page paper memo on how this tax bill will not affect the country's eventual rise in deficit or $4 BILLION. People really don't realize how bad the situation is in that zoo that's called the White House. It looks like a bunch of children are running the biggest and most powerful government in the world.

If it truly was a good, sound tax bill that everyone benefited from and actually helped reduce spending and showed proper, fiscal judgment on the future of the deficit and the country, it wouldn't be voted on right down the middle of party lines, for a 3rd time. You would see at least a solid majority vote for it, not straight down party lines. Can you imagine what the other plans that were voted against looked like if this 1 con-job page passed?

Back
Top Bottom