What's new

US Politics

If you really simplify it, most of the tax cuts go to the very wealthy, it's that simple. That is the #1 problem with this bill. The business rate is the primary concern for the orange-headed baboon, not the average middle-class voter and that tells a lot. Then you mentioned the deficit; think of who is gong to be stuck with a $4 trillion rise in the current deficit as a result of this bill? Our kids and grand-kids, that's who. Yes, it's going to be $4 trillion and not $1.3 trillion that they're trying to sell us. The great Leon Panetta (former Secretary of Defense, CIA director, White House Chief of Staff and director of Management and Budget so if anyone knows what they're talking about it's this guy,) he had a very detailed description of how it will get to that number and it made a ton of sense.

And probably the worst part is the blatant con from the baboon and his fearful pawns, that this will bring back jobs to the US! Does this goofball really think we are that stupid!? This is the genius that people were touting about?

Good post!

But don't the wealthy pay most of the taxes in US? So won't they benefit the most when there's a tax cut? Like I said in my post, I don't mind tax cuts as long as you can afford to pay for them, meaning cutting spending, which Congress never does. I hate deficits.

US is going to learn the hard way that borrowing and printing money is no way to finance government. Sooner or later it's going to reach a tipping point when no one will be buying US debt. And where does that leave the country?

As for Trump thinking companies will reinvest their overseas cash hordes into creating jobs, he is delusional. Such investments will be marginal at best. Companies will only make such investments if there is increase demand, both at a micro and macro level. What will happen, in reality, is that companies will use it to buy back stock or give it to shareholders as dividends. Pension funds and retirement accounts will benefit, but it won't lead to the economic boom Trump is expecting.

In addition, Trump wants to spend trillions more on infrastructure, which will balloon the deficit even more.

The next mid-terms may be the most crucial elections as far as mid-terms go.

In my opinion, GOP sees the writing on the wall and are in a rush to pass key pieces of legislation before the elections, which are only eleven months away. The tax bill is one of them. The other could be either immigration or infrastructure.

Those supposedly Republican deficit Hawks in Congress are hypocrites.

But hey.. Gotta make sure the donor class is happy.

In my opinion, GOP sees the writing on the wall and are in a rush to pass key pieces of legislation before the elections, which are only eleven months away. The tax bill is one of them. The other could be either immigration or infrastructure.

Their majority in the Senate will be down to 1 in January. Next year will be interesting to watch in the lead up to November.

The core is to help Trump to grab the president power.
The mastermind is the FBI.
Russian is only a scapegoat hired to get the thing done.

Clinton is victim but has been targetted by the FBI

Hillary's email was hacked. She is a victim. Russian (or the FBI) is the thief. But in this election the FBI attacked Clinton all the way to help their candidate Trump to steal the president seat.

It was the same when Obamacare was passed. Yes, it's a flawed piece of legislation, and will probably have to re-visit it in the future, but the main goal is just to get it done. Same with this GOP tax cut. Once passed, it will be difficult to reverse.

The core is to help Trump to grab the president power.
The mastermind is the FBI.
Russian is only a scapegoat hired to get the thing done.

Clinton is victim but has been targetted by the FBI

Hillary's email was hacked. She is a victim. Russian (or the FBI) is the thief. But in this election the FBI attacked Clinton all the way to help their candidate Trump to steal the president seat.
Why would the feds do such a thing? trump is a fool and a hot head who can't be controlled which makes him dangerous. Hillary on the other hand has experience in politics.

Why would the feds do such a thing? trump is a fool and a hot head who can't be controlled which makes him dangerous. Hillary on the other hand has experience in politics.

Why not just accept that Trump won the election fair and square, just like the Gore v. Bush result, without resorting to conspiracy theories? Political upsets are part of the process.

The deficit is a bad thing when you are out of power.

When you are in power, its your best friend :P

Dems are literally attacking the same deficit now that they added to lulz. Always funny to seem em cry about 1.5 Trillion deficit of the tax cuts, but ignore the 10 Trillion obama added (doubling the deficit). :P

Only if Trump somehow gets spending cuts through (at some combo of where it actually matters - medicare, medicaid, social security, military given those are the biggest parts of the budget by far) at some point will there be some extra meagre points of consistency for GOP. But its not a populist thing to do in the swing vote areas (the blue firewall breach states on nov 8th and the suburb voters in general).

The democrats with their identity politics and populism-welfare linkage have altered the battleground permanently, GOP largely will only tinker on it ( I don't see a Ted Cruz + Rand Paul surge in GOP make up do you?), they wont actually put their neck out to risk political loss BUT try to reclaim on the ground ideological victory with evidence (unlike what the democrats have done for sometime now, heck obama gave up 1000+ seats for it, but its probably worth it in the long run). GOP still doesnt get what its up against, or how it needs to play to win....could cost the US a lot long term (esp if the parties start getting pulled further and further from the centre by their respective Sanders/Trump style personalities while maintaining these sham binary coalitions).

US sorely needs a fracture long term of its two parties (ideally there should be 5, far left, left, centre, right and far right). These broad coalitions to present binary choice to US public is very stupid for 350 million people in 50 states of high variance in the ground issues. One side also wouldnt have such high prevalence in the propaganda outlets too.

Last edited:
Dems are literally attacking the same deficit now that they added to lulz. Always funny to seem em cry about 1.5 Trillion deficit of the tax cuts, but ignore the 10 Trillion obama added (doubling the deficit). :P

Remember how Bush cried about the deficit and entitlements and then expanded the prescription drug benefit to add to both?

Trump left with egg on his face! :lol:

The United Nations Gen assembly voted on a resolution condemning Trump’s unilateral recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. The vote was 128 in favor, 9 against, and 35 abstentions.

Our closest allies, Britain, France, Germany, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden voted in favor of the resolution.

US Amb Nikki Haley made a fool of herself and embarrassed United States by saying “that the US will be closely watching who votes against it”, and threatened that “the US will be taking names”.

The vote was a good example of just how isolated the United States is in the world under Trump administration, and just shows how his arrogant policies are undermining US global leadership, Putin must be happy.

Remember his BS campaign slogan “America first”, now, it looks like “America alone”.

WhatsApp-Image-2017-12-21-at-19.18.16-640x400.jpeg

The next mid-terms may be the most crucial elections as far as mid-terms go.
Absolutely, they are important on two levels. First, it will be a nationwide referendum on Trump’s presidency. Second, more importantly, the results will have a significant impact on the once a decade redistricting process, in most states, governors and state senators who win in 2018 will play a vital role in redistricting process, the maps they draw will be in place through 2030.

Absolutely, they are important on two levels. First, it will be a nationwide referendum on Trump’s presidency. Second, more importantly, the results will have a significant impact on the once a decade redistricting process, in most states, governors and state senators who win in 2018 will play a vital role in redistricting process, the maps they draw will be in place through 2030.

If anything, 2018 will be even more exciting to follow than 2017. The Trump presidency will not have any dull moments, that is for sure. :D

Why not just accept that Trump won the election fair and square, just like the Gore v. Bush result, without resorting to conspiracy theories? Political upsets are part of the process.
Hey it's not my conspiracy theory! Even after hillary's defeat I congratulated some trump supporters here.

Hey it's not my conspiracy theory! Even after hillary's defeat I congratulated some trump supporters here.

As I mentioned, let us see what happens in the midterms. They are important.

Remember how Bush cried about the deficit and entitlements and then expanded the prescription drug benefit to add to both?

That was Bush's biggest one? It was tiny to that terrible war spending (but maybe long term spending its different)

But as far as before and after specific contrast, yes thats a good one you mention.

There is broad based agreement between dems and repubs on deficit spending (they just have slightly different preferences) and harnessing the reverse optics during the respective power cycles (shamelessly and hypocritically using the level of ignorance/amnesia present at the US electorate buffet)....because the (largely same) economists both sides use, given to them by broadly the same special interests/donors...have said the seigniorage of the US dollar can be assumed as a bottomless pit....because hey why not drive to the cliff full speed ahead, there are chances the cliff is just a small sand dune right? :P

Trump kind of upset that gentlemans agreement, but how much he can do or even wants to do remains to be seen. He has mentioned welfare reform recently, paul ryan has largely got a "framework" for it....but I dont hold my breath.

Back
Top Bottom