What's new

US Politics

It is an absolute blow-out in rural America for Trump. I expected him to over-perform in those areas for the reason I mentioned, but Hillary is under-performing Obama by a lot.

Anyhow, education has not much to say in developed nation. Here in Norway we have 100 percent educated people with most having college degrees, and yet they vote foolishly in almost every election.

They are just quoting from Reuters.

As long as its latest and up to date.

It is an absolute blow-out in rural America for Trump. I expected him to over-perform in those areas for the reason I mentioned, but Hillary is under-performing Obama by a lot.
It was expected. This is called American White Middle Class Revolution.

Senate..

Republicans need only 6 as they have 45 whilst democrats are at 42

Us house

Republicans need 57 as they stand at 161 while the democrats need 104 more as they stand at 114

And with trump vs Hilary

We have 150 trump requiring 120 and we have Hilary at 109 requiring 161 to reach the majority of 270

Things not looking good for Hilary.

This is really Hillz fault. She completely ignored the rural White vote. Why ignore the largest demographic in your country??

True, but it's still not going to be enough to beat Clinton. I now figure she wins by six electoral votes.

This is really Hillz fault. She completely ignored the rural White vote. Why ignore the largest demographic in your country??
Because they are "Deplorables".

It was expected. This is called American White Middle Class Revolution.

I expected it too. But I'm still taken aback by how much it came true today.

I was a strong Sanders supporter. I told all my Clinton-supporting friends just how terrible a candidate she would be if she was nominated and how much rural and working class/middle class Americans would oppose her, which coupled with low turnout among left-leaning voters would make things precarious. But even I didn't expect this...

I expected it too. But I'm still taken aback by how much it came true today.

I was a strong Sanders supporter. I told all my Clinton-supporting friends just how terrible a candidate she would be if she was nominated and how much rural and working class/middle class Americans would oppose her, which coupled with low turnout among left-leaning voters would make things precarious. But even I didn't expect this...
Well it was expected for me. So no shocker here.

Try to remember that the big cities are usually Democratic strongholds and the last to report.
Why you support Killary?

Regardless of history, insecurity has a large percentage in vote. something I told an angry gay dude at a starbucks ranting on about "white trash" and so on. The more you understand why the white trash is where he/she is, the more you feel less "hatred" and more empathic to their situation.

The Latinos will continue to flood in regardless of any "walls", the first person to suggest a wall I believe was some senator back in the 1980's, Arnie used it for his run as well.. so Trump is just another late comer to the wall it off concept.
The latinos voting for Trump are the long term settlers, or those that see their jobs being taken by the new influx.. again; insecurity.

The issue is no longer walls or controlling immigration, it has to do with taking in the disenfranchised.
Washington IS run by corporate concerns, and as much as Trump is the molotov to this system; he is sadly still good friends will all of them.
What I fear from Trump is not bans on Muslims or more racism, it is that he is at the end still a misogynistic businessman who will manipulate policies for self profit and leave all of us high and dry. The rust belt, Joe the mechanic or the GW1 vet who left after one tour and rants on Islam; he is not going to feel the actual crunch of it. The actual crunch of a failed economy hits small businesses, hits the middle class and hits jobs. Hillary was business as usual, and Sanders was too hip, but this is a case of a swindler making the top.

However, this is not unusual. Such results have happened in many other democratic states and the result has been economic ruin followed by a quick voting out of the swindler.. and another rebuild.

Lower middle class can be educated too. The issue is with exposure and insecurity more than anything else.

Education and exposure, both go hand in hand. One can be educated in nuclear physics but have the exposure to just one narrative; leading to a nuclear physicist but nothing more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html
you can't say a wall won't work til it's been built. funny how all these other countries are building walls and it is working (Israel,Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc) pretty sure even Pakistan is building a wall or a ditch along the Afghan border.
saudi-arabia-is-fence.jpg

it won't be full proofed but if it can cut down the number of illegals getting in by 50%to 80% that is a win

it's not only illegals crossing into the country but drugs (cocaine,heroine, and marijuana)

I don't have a problem with immigration. I would personal would welcome 50,000 refugees coming into country from Libya,Iraq,Afghanistan, and Syria (if they are thoroughly vetted) we owe these people since our leadership bombed their countries and let terrorists cause chaos.

but I also like how you like to bring up low educated/poor whites that vote republican, but it's funny how low educated/poor blacks always vote for Democrats. the same Democrats who have abandoned cities like Detroit,Chicago, Baltimore, Washington D.C.

the democrats and republicans are both jokes, but I feel Trump is the lesser of two evils.

if it was Ted Cruz vs Hillary I would vote Hillary.

It's over for Clinton! Ohio gone, Florida soon will be gone.

Not quite. She didn't need them. Trump did. But it could indeed be over soon if a few more states are called for him.

True, but it's still not going to be enough to beat Clinton. I now figure she wins by six electoral votes.

I'm not so sure, my friend. If Trump wins Michigan or Wisconsin, it's over.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom