What's new

US Politics

Only fools underestimate the silent majority. The silent majority is the real power and it was the same case in the 2013 elections of pakistan. Everybody was imran khan Imran khan with hundreds of thousands showing at his jalsas sometimes reaching above millions but the silent majority voted for N.

You can't underestimate them.

@Desert Fox

It's ignoring the Silent Majority and wasting resources on minorities that don't vote.

Clinton overlooked rural white Americans & Obama failed to motivate blacks.

It's ignoring the Silent Majority and wasting resources on minorities that don't vote.
Killary had nothing to offer white majority Middle Class which it used years to destroy with globalization.

Clinton overlooked rural white Americans & Obama failed to motivate blacks.
What had Clinton to offer White Americans?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html
you can't say a wall won't work til it's been built. funny how all these other countries are building walls and it is working (Israel,Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc) pretty sure even Pakistan is building a wall or a ditch along the Afghan border.
saudi-arabia-is-fence.jpg

it won't be full proofed but if it can cut down the number of illegals getting in by 50%to 80% that is a win

it's not only illegals crossing into the country but drugs (cocaine,heroine, and marijuana)

I don't have a problem with immigration. I would personal would welcome 50,000 refugees coming into country from Libya,Iraq,Afghanistan, and Syria (if they are thoroughly vetted) we owe these people since our leadership bombed their countries and let terrorists cause chaos.

but I also like how you like to bring up low educated/poor whites that vote republican, but it's funny how low educated/poor blacks always vote for Democrats. the same Democrats who have abandoned cities like Detroit,Chicago, Baltimore, Washington D.C.

the democrats and republicans are both jokes, but I feel Trump is the lesser of two evils.

if it was Ted Cruz vs Hillary I would vote Hillary.
900km vs 3201km.. Heck I would love something similar between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Again, you are only reinforcing what I am trying to say. It is insecurities that fuel the vote, not actual performance or results. The republicans have started to represent the whites , the blacks see the democrats as their rebellion against former "massa". The politicians on top can screw them all and that is what they have been doing, but this is not just adversarial in terms of immigration or trade; it is battleground for races and religion and so on.

Yes, Ted Cruz is a worse maniac than Trump is.. Hillary was never better than Sanders and so on. But the issue with a Trump win is that it isnt a win for all of us here; regardless of our skin color, our disagreements on races, religion and policy.. this is basically us cheering on derailing a rich preferring corporate controlled system by thinking that someone from that very society will save us.

This elections boiled down to mobilization: Trump's supporters--and my white American wife and several friends are Trump supporters--are far more mobilized, motivated. Like Obama's were in 2008. While the leftists/Blacks/Latinos were not quite that mobilized.

Exactly. I said the same thing again and again: turnout matters. Rural and working class white voters did. While urban and left-leaning voters, it seems, did not.

Not to mention all of those who don't like either candidate deciding to vote for Trump. If Sanders had been the nominee, he would have won many of those voters against Trump. Polls showed him winning by a wide margin; there was a lot more room for error.

And if Hillary does end up winning this thing, Republicans will kick themselves for not nominating a more electable nominee. It seems that most other candidates would have won against her easily.

this is basically us cheering on derailing a rich preferring corporate controlled system by thinking that someone from that very society will save us.
Still better than Clintons.

A Trump presidency is good news for China and its only most strategic partner, Russia.

I do not care it is good or bad news for the rest.

China-US relations will be tense, potentially, but, it will be more economized and less securitized.

East Asia international relations may be reconfigured under new conditions.

And, a Trump presidency is potentially a bad news for Islamic Jihadist terrorists in Syria and elsewhere. Hence, potentially bad news for Turkey, Qatar, Saudis.

Finally, we may have to move to Globalization 3.0, under China's leadership. Brexit pushed the UK into China's monetary arms.

USexit might push the US into China's economized regional and global configurations.

Under Hillary, all of the above, but the other way round.

Nonetheless, still too early to set up the fireworks for either camp.

@vostok , @Chinese Bamboo

Last edited:
Still better than Clintons.
The Clinton's would just keep the same system, keep their corporate donors happy and lay the foundation for Chelsea. Trump is someone who has made his money using questionable tactics and means, and is always wanted recognition. How much of that will influence his time in office is what matters.

It is not an issue of whether we needed the corporate interests gone, the neo-liberal hegemon that is enslaving the world; but rather was this molotov cocktail on the house the best way to do it?

In a way though, there was nothing else left one could do. Bernie was the best sane hope against this system, when that went; we go with the insane hope.

900km vs 3201km.. Heck I would love something similar between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Again, you are only reinforcing what I am trying to say. It is insecurities that fuel the vote, not actual performance or results. The republicans have started to represent the whites , the blacks see the democrats as their rebellion against former "massa". The politicians on top can screw them all and that is what they have been doing, but this is not just adversarial in terms of immigration or trade; it is battleground for races and religion and so on.

Yes, Ted Cruz is a worse maniac than Trump is.. Hillary was never better than Sanders and so on. But the issue with a Trump win is that it isnt a win for all of us here; regardless of our skin color, our disagreements on races, religion and policy.. this is basically us cheering on derailing a rich preferring corporate controlled system by thinking that someone from that very society will save us.

you make it sound like it's impossible to build a 3201km wall. the great wall of china is many times that, and everyone keeps forgetting that this wall will have doors to let people in and out :rofl:

The house is going to the repubs but the senate is a fight of epic proportions.
Screenshot_2016-11-09-08-58-30.png

you make it sound like it's impossible to build a 3201km wall. the great wall of china is many times that, and everyone keeps forgetting that this wall will have doors to let people in and out :rofl:
Israel has a very well working wall. Also other countries use walls to keep the invaders out.

The great wall of China also took 1000 years.
Not 4 years and project worth billions upon billions of dollars.

Again, a wall is NOT a bad idea; just that it is not feasible.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom