What's new

US Politics

Yes sir! Mindboggling is the right word.
No sir, I beg to disagree, there are many perfectly good and well-intentioned reasons to support Trump.

First off, the US is already neck deep in the cesspool that is the middle east now, Syria and Iraq in particular. There can be no disengagement from those issues going forward. Trump and Hillary have laid out radically different approaches to deal with it and I found Trump's breaking with norm and brutally taking the neocons down on his way to clinching his party's nomination quite refreshing. A detente with Russia, stop supporting rebels in Syria, hit ISIS harder.. these are all great ideas.

Hillary is promising to make a really bad situation even worse, she will be like a lethal cocktail of all the hubris of Bush plus the limp-wristed weak appeasement policies of Obama.

also, ignore my exchange with that jamaati pest T-rex earlier, that thing is like an annoying housefly, its all over the forum in every topic, and it types in bold.

the Clinton News Network is airing crooked hillary's event, watch the Trump rally instead:

:pop:

alien_064.gif
alien_064.gif

Told you, Hillary is stability, Trump is a disaster, the madman with horrible temperament will ruin our economy and would send the economy back into recession and this time it will be even worse.

Vote wisely, and remember, in the end, it's the economy, stupid!

hillaryimage_1478459007_27649507.jpg

Dow surges 300 points as FBI clears Clinton on eve of election

The broad market looks on track to break a nine-day losing streak, Wall Street's longest in 36 years, as investors again start to price in their base case of a Clinton win. :usflag:Read more

Market Stampede sees US Dollar Steamroll British Pound, Euro and other Foreign Exchange Majors

The US Dollar is outperforming its rivals as global financial markets rapidly price a Clinton victory in the hours before polling stations open across the United States. :usflag:Read more

c2318e74ebcfda35c6f2020eea843737.jpg

Being Muslim in America in the era of Trump: A community’s view before voting

The campaign for the 2016 US presidential elections began against a backdrop of already rising Islamophobia with hundreds of incidents of anti-Muslim violence and vandalism being reported in the country.

Republican candidate Donald Trump’s rhetorics on Islam and Muslims have raised concerns among American Muslims and added to the anti-Muslim sentiments.

With barely a few hours remaining to the polling, Hindustan Times contacted some prominent American Muslims through email asking them about their views on Trump and the elections this year.

Here’s what they had to say:

Wajahat Ali is a writer and former journalist at Al Jazeera America. The 36-year-old is also the director of Affinis Labs, an award-winning social entrepreneurial hub in Virginia. He lives in Washington DC.

Growing up a Muslim in America, my life, for the most part, has been privileged, safe and I’ve lived and thrived with diverse community members. I never thought we’d live to see a day where a Republican presidential candidate will advocate a ban of 1.6 billion Muslims and promise to have the rest of us undergo “extreme vetting”. It is sad, discouraging and bit frightening - especially with the rise in anti-Muslim incidents, assaults, violent, vandalism against mosques and harassment and bullying of Muslim kids.

Shadi Hamid, 33, is a senior fellow in the Project on US Relations with the Islamic World at the Brookings Institution and author of Islamic Exceptionalism: How the Struggle Over Islam Is Reshaping the World. He lives in Washington DC.

To be a Muslim in the era of Trump has, sadly, become a more fraught thing. We have become an object of concern and fear. I remember walking into a cafe in a rural part of Florida after Trump announced his ban on Muslim immigration. There was something almost surreal about it and I’m not sure I ever felt anything quite like that before. I wasn’t me. I was part of this inchoate collective - a collective that was apparently a threat to the country I loved.

Murtuza Husain, 29, is a New York-based journalist and political commentator. His work focuses on human rights, foreign policy and cultural affairs.

It is uncomfortable to witness the rise of anti-Muslim populism in the country as exemplified by Trump. We are hoping he will lose in the election ... He has unleashed negative passions in the society that are going to be with us for a long time. As Muslims, I think that most of us feel relatively secure and confident, but things can change quite quickly particularly when an economic downturn happens. His candidacy is a wake-up call for our activism and advocacy for the future.

Omer Aziz, 26, lives in New Haven. He is a student at Yale Law School and a writer who publishes in various magazines. He formerly worked for the United Nations.

In one awful respect, I am glad for Trump because he has brought the racism and xenophobia underlying our society to the forefront. Trump is not this foreign monster who has come out of nowhere; he is a representative of a large part of the American people; he is the winner of 14 million votes in the Republican primaries — the largest victory ever. Donald Trump is to America what the RSS is to India - a chauvinist and nationalist who exploits people’s worries by scapegoating others.

Ambarien AlQadar is an award-winning Indian filmmaker teaching at The Rochester Institute of Technology Film Program. She lives in Rochester.

At a local church event, the morning speaker sometimes asks the question: “Why are Muslims so violent?” It is a deeply discomforting moment because it forces me to speak as a Muslim in a moment when I am trying to find my new bearings. I am aware that Mr Trump might be the next president. If that’s the verdict of the American people, then I respect it. In the same moment, I feel the need for a grassroots movement lead by peace loving Muslims who can spread love in times of hate.

Dr Sayed Ammar Nakshawani, 35, is from London now settled in Washington DC. He is a professor and the Imam Ali Chair of Shia studies at Hartford Seminary as well as an Islamic subject matter expert, scholar and author. He is listed as one of the 500 Most Influential Muslims in the World.

It is an honour to be an American Muslim. There is more free thought in the United States of America than in many Muslim majority countries in Asia and Middle East and we live either as brethren in faiths or equals in humanity. Yes, naturally there may be some politically motivated people with prejudices or bigotry but the Muslims are not the first to face this in the United States, this period will pass and we shall overcome to live in peace.

Abbas Kadhim, 48, is a senior foreign policy fellow, FPI-SAIS, Johns Hopkins University. He lives in Washington.

The fears about “Donald Trump’s America” are exaggerated. We are going to elect a president, not an emperor. There are institutions and the constitution of the United States of America guarantees that it will preserve the rights of Muslim Americans no matter who the president will be, whether Hillary or Trump. Both candidates have merits and shortcomings in all political, social and economic fields. The election should focus on these and balance them on all aspects, not just the issue of their views on Muslims and Islam.

Dr Zaineb Hussain is a clinical pharmacist and a member of Baqee Organization, a coalition of American Muslim citizens. She is in her 40s and lives in Chicago.

I’m deeply concerned about my sisters in faith who have had their hijabs snatched due to religious discrimination in current times. Although I say as a Muslim woman I always take the opportunity to point out the difference between Wahhabism and Islam and hopefully more Muslims will jump on this bandwagon to seize this opportunity. I uphold the optimistic torch that maybe Mr Donald Trump’s racial discrimination will force the world to realise that there is no such thing as “Islamic terrorism”, rather the correct term is “Wahhabi terrorism”.

Zahra Khan, 58, is an accountant and lives in San Francisco. Her name has been changed on her request.

America is a multi-cultural country where everyone loves each other, cultures are respected, people respect each other’s faith, and most importantly for Muslims Americans, for Hijab wearing Muslim American women, the workspaces here have always been welcoming and with great warmth and respect. When Trump says, ‘Make American Great Again’, he actually means ‘Make America White Again’. Let us remind him that America was and is already a great country. It does not need people like Trump to add to its greatness. Link

My advice to the americans reading this............
s-l300.jpg

Humanity needs men of action first and foremost in leadership roles. A fool in action is better than a wise man doing nothing.

No sir, I beg to disagree, there are many perfectly good and well-intentioned reasons to support Trump.

First off, the US is already neck deep in the cesspool that is the middle east now, Syria and Iraq in particular. There can be no disengagement from those issues going forward. Trump and Hillary have laid out radically different approaches to deal with it and I found Trump's breaking with norm and brutally taking the neocons down on his way to clinching his party's nomination quite refreshing. A detente with Russia, stop supporting rebels in Syria, hit ISIS harder.. these are all great ideas..

All those are great policies which I'd support except Trump is not the guy. I honestly don't believe a word he says! He's tapped into a large segment of angry Americans and he is playing to their tune and making them dance on his return tune.

Kind of like ("Deliverance" film is situated barely 90 minutes from my American home!) :

He's making it as he goes and, as they say, better to deal with the devil you know then the one you don't.

My vote will be for Jill Stein. Had she not been in the contention then it would be for Hillary for sure.

All those are great policies which I'd support except Trump is not the guy. I honestly don't believe a word he says! He's tapped into a large segment of angry Americans and he is playing to their tune and making them dance on his return tune.

Kind of like ("Deliverance" film is situated barely 90 minutes from my American home!) :

He's making it as he goes and, as they say, better to deal with the devil you know then the one you don't.

My vote will be for Jill Stein. Had she not been in the contention then it would be for Hillary for sure.
sure thing, there is space for as many opinions as there are on all matters as far as I'm concerned, good on you for following through on your convictions.

on Trump, I don't think it even needs to be said because he's so obviously far from perfect lol, and also that the far right fringe is ugly wherever on earth you look but a little bit of nuance and not that broad strokes helps draw a clearer picture here.

The hitler bit is just retarded, not only is the US way too advanced as a society, there are many constitutional safeguards and redundancies built and hard coded into that system for it to ever fall to the nazis. :pleasantry:

anywho, him blurting the occasional retardese and fumbling through a heated campaign is not how he will be in office, if he gets in, that is.

wheel to wheel out the final corner, game on !:pop:

Irrelevant rants to cover up mind boggling desire of your favourite blood sucking leech trying to cling to power!
Why do people from Bangladesh care about Hillary so much? Why do foreigners think they know what is best for America?:usflag:Do you think Indians should support a globalist candidate? :omghaha:

Told you, Hillary is stability, Trump is a disaster, the madman with horrible temperament will ruin our economy and would send the economy back into recession and this time it will be even worse.

Vote wisely, and remember, in the end, it's the economy, stupid!

View attachment 350099

Dow surges 300 points as FBI clears Clinton on eve of election

The broad market looks on track to break a nine-day losing streak, Wall Street's longest in 36 years, as investors again start to price in their base case of a Clinton win. :usflag:Read more

Market Stampede sees US Dollar Steamroll British Pound, Euro and other Foreign Exchange Majors

The US Dollar is outperforming its rivals as global financial markets rapidly price a Clinton victory in the hours before polling stations open across the United States. :usflag:Read more
Hahahaa, do you know how many places in America look like third world countries now? Looks like Detroit, Chicago, Compton, State of California etc. America doesn't have any manufacturing anymore. THAT is what "stability" of the Globalists look like. FTS.

LMAO

The president, during a rally in Florida on Sunday, said that if Mr Trump could not be trusted with a Twitter account, he should not be in charge of US nuclear weapons.

He was referring to a New York Times report that Mr Trump's team had taken control of his Twitter account from him.

Why do people from Bangladesh care about Hillary so much? Why do foreigners think they know what is best for America?:usflag:Do you think Indians should support a globalist candidate? :omghaha:

Hahahaa, do you know how many places in America look like third world countries now? Looks like Detroit, Chicago, Compton, State of California etc. America doesn't have any manufacturing anymore. THAT is what "stability" of the Globalists look like. FTS.

Apple seems to be doing fine without local production...
I think most people would prefer working for Apple, than for the Chinese company manufacturing their phones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom