What's new

US Politics

DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED

In that 2007 deposition, Trump said he based estimates of his net worth at times on “psychology” and “my own feelings.” But those feelings are often wrong—in 2004, he presented unaudited financials to Deutsche Bank while seeking a loan, claiming he was worth $3.5 billion. The bank concluded Trump was, to say the least, puffing; it put his net worth at $788 million, records show. (Trump personally guaranteed $40 million of the loan to his company, so Deutsche coughed up the money. He later defaulted on that commitment.)

Dependent on Daddy

When he was ready for college, Trump wanted to be a movie producer, perhaps the first sign that he was far more interested in the glitz of business than the nuts and bolts. He applied to the University of Southern California to pursue a film career, but when that didn’t work out, he attended Fordham University; two years later, he transferred to the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and got a degree in economics.

Trump boasted when he announced his candidacy last year that he had made his money “the old-fashioned way,” but he is no Bill Gates or Michael Bloomberg, self-made billionaires who were mavericks, innovators in their fields. Instead, the Republican nominee’s wealth is Daddy-made. Almost all of his best-known successes are attributable to family ties or money given to him by his father.

The son of wealthy developer Fred Trump, he went to work for his father’s real estate business immediately after graduating from Wharton and found some success by taking advantage of his father’s riches and close ties to the power brokers in the New York Democratic Party, particularly his decades-long friend Abe Beame, the former mayor of the city.

Even with those advantages, a few of Trump’s initial deals for his father were busts, based on the profits. His first project was revitalizing the Swifton Village apartment complex in Cincinnati, which his father had purchased for $5.7 million in 1962. After Trump finished his work, they sold the complex for $6.75 million, which, while appearing to be a small return, was a loss; in constant dollars, the apartment buildings would have had to sell for $7.9 million to have earned an actual profit. Still, Trump happily boasted about his supposed success with Swifton Village and about his surging personal wealth. (Donnie, failed again :lol:)

He already ached to be part of the Manhattan elite rather than just be known as the son of a Brooklyn developer. So, in 1970, he took another shot at joining the entertainment business by investing $70,000, to snag a co-producer’s credit for a Broadway comedy called Paris Is Out! Once again, Trump failed; the play bombed, closing after just 96 performances. (yeah, he's going to make America great again :lol:) Link

Breaking news...

FBI clears Clinton in latest email review two days before election

By Alana Wise and John Whitesides | WASHINGTON 11/06/2016

The FBI said on Sunday it still believed no charges were warranted against Democrat Hillary Clinton after finishing its review of newly discovered emails related to her private server, lifting a cloud over her presidential campaign two days before the U.S. election.

FBI Director James Comey made the announcement in a letter to Congress on Sunday, saying the agency had not changed its conclusions from July that no criminal charges were warranted against Clinton for her use of a private email server for government work.

"The FBI investigative team has been working around the clock to process and review a large volume of emails from a device obtained in connection with an unrelated criminal investigation," Comey said in the letter.

"During that process, we reviewed all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state."

A law enforcement source told Reuters the conclusion closes for now the FBI probe of the former secretary of state's email practices.

Comey had informed Congress of the newly discovered emails more than a week ago, throwing the race for the White House into turmoil and eroding Clinton's lead over Republican candidate Donald Trump in the final stretch before Tuesday's vote.

"I am very grateful to the professionals at the FBI for doing an extraordinary amount of high-quality work in a short period of time," Comey said.

Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri told reporters aboard Clinton's campaign plan that, "We are glad the matter is resolved." Read more

DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED

In that 2007 deposition, Trump said he based estimates of his net worth at times on “psychology” and “my own feelings.” But those feelings are often wrong—in 2004, he presented unaudited financials to Deutsche Bank while seeking a loan, claiming he was worth $3.5 billion. The bank concluded Trump was, to say the least, puffing; it put his net worth at $788 million, records show. (Trump personally guaranteed $40 million of the loan to his company, so Deutsche coughed up the money. He later defaulted on that commitment.)

Dependent on Daddy

When he was ready for college, Trump wanted to be a movie producer, perhaps the first sign that he was far more interested in the glitz of business than the nuts and bolts. He applied to the University of Southern California to pursue a film career, but when that didn’t work out, he attended Fordham University; two years later, he transferred to the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and got a degree in economics.

Trump boasted when he announced his candidacy last year that he had made his money “the old-fashioned way,” but he is no Bill Gates or Michael Bloomberg, self-made billionaires who were mavericks, innovators in their fields. Instead, the Republican nominee’s wealth is Daddy-made. Almost all of his best-known successes are attributable to family ties or money given to him by his father.

The son of wealthy developer Fred Trump, he went to work for his father’s real estate business immediately after graduating from Wharton and found some success by taking advantage of his father’s riches and close ties to the power brokers in the New York Democratic Party, particularly his decades-long friend Abe Beame, the former mayor of the city.

Even with those advantages, a few of Trump’s initial deals for his father were busts, based on the profits. His first project was revitalizing the Swifton Village apartment complex in Cincinnati, which his father had purchased for $5.7 million in 1962. After Trump finished his work, they sold the complex for $6.75 million, which, while appearing to be a small return, was a loss; in constant dollars, the apartment buildings would have had to sell for $7.9 million to have earned an actual profit. Still, Trump happily boasted about his supposed success with Swifton Village and about his surging personal wealth. (Donnie, failed again :lol:)

He already ached to be part of the Manhattan elite rather than just be known as the son of a Brooklyn developer. So, in 1970, he took another shot at joining the entertainment business by investing $70,000, to snag a co-producer’s credit for a Broadway comedy called Paris Is Out! Once again, Trump failed; the play bombed, closing after just 96 performances. (yeah, he's going to make America great again :lol:) Link
Donald Trump’s Income Isn’t Always What He Says It Is, Records Suggest

On the financial disclosure forms that Donald J. Trump has pointed to as proof of his tremendous success, no venture looks more gold-plated than his golf resort in Doral, Fla., where he reported revenues of $50 million in 2014. That figure accounted for the biggest share of what he described as his income for the year.

But this summer, a considerably different picture emerged in an austere government hearing room in Miami, where Mr. Trump’s company was challenging the resort’s property tax bill.

Mr. Trump’s lawyer handed the magistrate an income and expense statement showing that the gross revenue had indeed been $50 million. But after paying operating costs, the resort had actually lost $2.4 million.

Mr. Trump has repeatedly held out his financial disclosures as a justification for breaking with tradition and refusing to release his personal tax returns. “You don’t learn that much from tax returns,” he said in September during his first debatewith Hillary Clinton. “You learn a lot from financial disclosure. And you should go down and take a look at that.”

But an examination of his tax appeals on several properties, and other documents obtained by The New York Times through Freedom of Information requests, shows that what Mr. Trump has reported on those forms is nowhere near a complete picture of his financial state.

The records demonstrate that large portions of those numbers represent cash coming into his businesses before covering costs like mortgage payments, payroll and maintenance. After expenses, some of his businesses make a small fraction of what he reported on his disclosure forms, or actually lose money. In fact, it is virtually impossible to determine from the forms just how much he is earning in any year.

Mr. Trump appears to have used a provision in federal ethics laws that allows business owners to list gross revenue, as opposed to net income after expenses, on their disclosure forms. But he does not seem to have completely acknowledged that choice. Rather, he has suggested that the figures on the form represent money in his pocket.

In news releases, the Trump campaign said that “Mr. Trump’s income” listed in a disclosure form filed last year was $362 million, and was more than $557 million in a form filed this year. During the debate with Mrs. Clinton in September, he mentioned an even larger figure.

“It shows income … in fact, the income — I just looked today — the income is filed at $694 million for this past year, $694 million,” Mr. Trump said. “If you would have told me I was going to make that 15 or 20 years ago, I would have been very surprised.”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump, Hope Hicks, declined to answer questions about how Mr. Trump had reported his income, saying only that his disclosure form “speaks for itself.”

Another seeming cash cow, at least as far as the forms portray it, is 40 Wall Street, an office building Mr. Trump has spoken of as perhaps the greatest bargain he ever struck. “I make approximately $20 million a year in rentals from 40 Wall Street and the building is now worth $500 million,” Mr. Trump wrote in “Trump Never Give Up,” published in 2008. “So, aside from owning the most beautiful building in Lower Manhattan, I have the added attraction of making a profit.”

On his financial disclosure forms, Mr. Trump listed the income he derived from rents in the building in the highest category on the form — more than $5 million. (The form requires listing monetary ranges for most types of income, and precise dollar figures where the gross revenue of a business is provided.)

But the income and expense statement that he filed with the New York City Tax Commission to appeal his property taxes shows that after mortgage payments and other costs, the building produced a cash flow of about $104,000 in 2014. Over the previous three years, it had generated a negative cash flow of $5.5 million, as the fallout of the 2008 financial crisis took a toll on downtown office buildings. Read more

Apparently Clinton's name has been cleared in the email scandal. Again..

There is no question about that the MSM has steered the elections toward Hillary. Not that I'd ever vote for Trump--and that's not because he's 'Anti Muslim' or 'Anti Latino' etc. But because Trump is a SPOILED BRAT! Any person who's never had to face the consequences of his/her actions or felt pressured to use his/her brain is a dangerous human being. A lose Cannon. We have our own such in Pakistan--if you know what I mean :)

I wouldn't trust my cow to Donald Trump.

Now to Hillary. Getting away from Libya and Syria fiascos by the same media which, rightly, lynched G.W.Bush for Iraq. If I HAD to pick between the two, I'd pick Hillary. But luckily, there's Jill Stein--the Green Party candidate. Yes, a vote lost while my conscience wins.

Hillary's poll numbers are on the rise again.

Note, majority of white voters with a four-year college degree are supporting Hillary. And she leads with 18% among white woman with college degree.

In a nutshell, Hillary is the choice of educated voters, what does it tells us?!
Another feel good rigged poll huh? :lol:

Enjoy:

Most College Graduates Can't Find Jobs

College Grads Are Still Hurting Over Debt And Joblessness

So Hillary gets most of her support from the least productive segments of society :woot:. Great to know @RabzonKhan

Hillary is the choice of educated voters

You mean for people with useless college degrees like "gender studies" and "humanities" lmao!! What kind of jobs can you get with those degrees? No wonder these people are jobless and unproductive. :lol:

Meanwhile Trump has the endorsement and support from major Law Enforcement members and agencies, retired soldiers, generals, medal of honor recipients; ie people who actually contribute[d] to the well being of the entire country and made actual sacrifices.

Typical Hillary supporter:

6dfd1ee8102d4678a4cb17ce85445f67[1].png

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...d_syria_policy_could_start_a_nuclear_war.html
34a079ce9f5df78fdb35c639d90ca083c2784d9e[1].gif

Green party presidential candidate Jill Stein says Donald Trump is less scary on foreign wars, because he wants to work with Russia.

JILL STEIN: It's important to look at where we are going. It's not just a moment in time, but where has the strategy of voting for the lesser evil taken us?

All these times you have been told to vote for the lesser evil because you didn't want the wars, or the meltdown of the climate, or the offshoring of our jobs, or the attack on immigrants, or the massive bailout for Wall Street, but that is actually what we have gotten. By the droves.

Because we with public interest allow ourselves to be silent, and voted for the lesser evil. But the lesser evil doesn't solve the problem.

The Obama administration, even with both houses of Congress, actually did all of these fossil fuel emissions. "All of the above" gave us some renewable energy but it completely amplified and intensified our carbon production, which has been incredibly destructive to the climate.

The wars have gotten bigger, we are now bombing seven countries.

It is important to not just look at the rhetoric but also look at the track record and the reality is the lesser people and greater people is a race to the bottom, and even Donald Trump in the right wing extremism grows out of the policies of the Clintons, in particular Nafta, which sent our jobs overseas and Wall Street deregulation, which blew 9 million jobs up into smoke.

That is what is creating this right wing extremism. A vote for Hillary Clinton isn't going to fix it...

It is now Hillary Clinton that wants to start an air war with Russia over Syria by calling for a no fly zone.

We have 2000 nuclear missiles on hairtrigger alert. They are saying we are closer to a nuclear war than we have ever been.

Under Hillary Clinton, we could slide into nuclear war very quickly from her declared policy in Syria.

I sure won't sleep well at night if Donald Trump is elected, but I sure won't sleep well at night if Hillary Clinton elected. We have another choice other than these two candidates who are both promoting lethal policies.

On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary's policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia.

He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia.

cringe worthy

That's the average Hillary supporter for you, the so called "educated" types according to our friend @RabzonKhan :lol:

This is too funny, crooked hag Hillary had to use a rapper to attract thousands of people to a free concert, and still a low turnout compared to Trump's rally :rofl: Also, Jay-Z raps about "banging hoe's", "f*cking mothers" and "pimping" while Beyonce dresses up like a whore and Hillary embraces them both at the end. And yet she says Trump "degrades women". @Nilgiri @T-72 @C130 @boomslang @Falcon29

3934E18A00000578-3828140-image-a-50_1475908721324[1].jpg

• Donald Trump clobbered Hillary Clinton on Saturday morning for appearing with Jay-Z in Cleveland
  • The rapper dropped one F-bomb and N-word after another, and then Hillary embraced him onstage

• Clinton has been openly critical of Trump's 'tone' and the 'lewd' language he has used in the past
  • 'I tell you what: I've never said what he said – in my life!' Trump declared in Tampa, Florida
  • Clinton held her campaign rally with Jay-Z and Beyoncé, drawing 10,000 people with free tickets
  • Many of them exited before Clinton spoke, and Trump drew a larger crowd by himself in Pennsylvania
  • He told a crowd in the town of Hershey: 'I'm here all by myself... No guitar, no piano, no nothing'
Donald Trump mocked Hillary Clinton on Saturday for appearing alongside Jay-Z on a Cleveland, Ohio concert stage after the music superstar dropped F-bombs and rapped with N-word after N-word.

'I actually like Jay-Z. But you know, the language last night! Ohhh! Ooooh!' Trump said in Tampa, Florida. 'Maybe I'll just try it. Should I use that language? Can you imagine if I said that?'

'So he used every word in the book,' the Republican presidential nominee fumed. 'I won't even use the initials, because I'd get in trouble. It'll get me in trouble. He used every word in the book last night.'

'I tell you what: I've never said what he said – in my life!'

The rapper's repertoire Friday night included his hit 'F**kWithMeYouKnowIGotIt.'

He also performed a song called 'Jigga My N***a,' including a line that declared: '[I'm] Jay-Z, motherf***er!'

As he took the stage, a PA announcer blared: 'You're tuned into the motherf**king greatest!'

One portion of his rap included the lyrics: 'If you feelin' like a pimp n***a, go and brush your shoulders off.'

'Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off. N***a is crazy, baby, don't forget that boy told you. Get that dirt off your shoulders.'

After telling the audience that 'we're stronger together,' echoing Clinton's campaign slogan, he called her presidential bid 'historic – this is a moment in time.

Then minutes later he shifted gears and rapped, 'I don't f**k with you. You little stupid-a*s b**ch, I ain't f**kin' with you.'

Jay-Z said onstage after he was done performing: 'Ohio, we are on the doorstep of history. I am here tonight because respect matters. Respect matters to me.'

Trump also mocked Clinton on Saturday morning for drawing a smaller crowd than his own on Friday night, despite having both Jay-Z and his wife Beyoncé at her side.

The trio attracted 10,000 people – many of whom filed out after the concert and before the Democratic nominee took the stage.

'We don't need Jay-Z to fill up arenas. We do it the old-fashioned way, folks,' Trump said. 'We fill it up because you love what we're saying and you want to make America great again.'

As Clinton was trying to rally Ohioans with star power, Trump attracted a larger crowd on his own in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

The local fire department estimated Trump's crowd at 11,500. Reports from outside describe an additional 3,000 people who arrived too late to get through Secret Service screening in time to hear the rally.

Trump, as he frequently does, inflated his crowd-count for dramatic effect.

In Hershey, Pennsylvania last night we had an arena. We had 27,000 people show up!' he said.

Whatever the real number was, Trump gloated that his audience was bigger that Clinton's

'Jay-Z! They got free tickets – free tickets! ... and Beyoncé, and I like them both.'

But he had 'far more' people on his own, he said.

The Republican's Tampa stop was the first in a four-rally day that will cover four swing states and more than 4,400 miles of travel.

After southwestern Florida he goes to Wilmington, North Carolina, and then flies clear across the country for a rally in Reno, Nevada.

His plane then heads to Denver for a 9:30 p.m. rally. That's nearly midnight on the east coast.

Sunday will bring more fireworks with 11th-hour campaign events in Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania – and schedulers could still add an evening stop in Virginia.

Monday's schedule calls for Florida, North Carolina and New Hampshire before the campaign winds down and Trump wakes up to vote Tuesday morning in New York City.

Trump's warmup acts included comedian and former Saturday Night Live actor Joe Piscopo, and retired college football coach Lou Holtz. Both made surprise appearances.

'We're ready to send a message to politicians that we're ready to take our country back,' said Piscopo, 65.

'I am not drinking the Kool-Aid here ... It's the machine against the masses [and] the rigged against the respectful.'

Holtz said Florida's electoral votes will determine the outcome of Tuesday's presidential election.

'The future of this country rests with the people of this state,' he said.

'Donald Trump can change the direction of this country, and God knows we need it.'

Holtz, an ardent Roman Catholic who rose to fame coaching at the University of Notre Dame, blasted Clinton for her pro-abortion position, saving special scorn for her refusal to condemn late-term abortions.

'She's for late-term abortion – the day before the baby's being born!' Holtz claimed.

'If I destroy an eagle egg, I can go to jail! Who's going to speak for an unborn child?'

In case the biggest stars in rap aren't enough to get her supporters' attention, Clinton will campaign with hoops star LeBron James in Cleveland on Sunday, her campaign announced.

Last edited:
if that's considered educated then i honestly feel bad for America. No wonder you guys have the two worse presidential candidates in history of US elections.
Trump is a safe bet than Hillary. All of her proposed policies are just amplified versions of Obama's disastrous policies. She's only going to do what Obama did but on a much larger scale.

Hillary is going to bomb Syria's legitimate secular government and thus help ISIS, thus completing Obama's mission in Syria.

Trump's strategy is to work with the Russians to fight ISIS (the very ISIS that conducted terrorist attacks all throughout America and Europe) to fight a common threat of terrorism.

Hillary will then start a nuclear war with Russia over some "moderate" terrorists in Syria. (Her Syrian strategy involves imposing a no-fly-zone on the Russian Air Force there).

Trump opposes funding and arming the "moderate" terrorists because most of them aren't moderate at all and have questionable allegiances, as has been proven by countless intelligence sources. He wants to work with the Russians.

Hillary will increase Obama's Syrian refugee intake by 550%, right after bombing them some more first, so that this way when we take them in they will harbor desire for revenge against the average American, thus ensuring an increase in terrorist attacks on American soil.

Trump wants the Saudis to pick up the slack and do their share by taking in Syrian refugees (Saudi Arabia has not taken in a single Syrian refugee despite close geographic proximity, similar religion and culture and ethnicity as Syrians, yet they fund ISIS and "moderate" terrorists in Syria).

She will give the green light to the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) which she called "Gold Standard", and thus further destroy American jobs and sovereignty.

Trump wants to get rid of NAFTA (which Hillary and her husband Bill signed during Bill's presidency) which destroyed American jobs and which was only a small version of what the TPP is proposed to be and Trump opposes TTP as well as NAFTA.

Hillary wants to leave America without an efficient border enforcement and immigration enforcement, leaving America wide open to any random person who has questionable intentions and enters the country illegally.

Trump wants to enforce the currently neglected immigration laws and build a border wall which will drastically secure America's southern borderlands where billions of dollars worth of drugs, illegal guns, and human trafficking takes place every year. This is a common sense stance. Every country has a border and immigration enforcement. Illegally residing in any country can land you in trouble in said country as it is breaking the law of that country. Pakistanis know this better than anyone, especially people from Karachi who complain about illegal Afghans bringing drugs and guns into Karachi.

Trump's policies are grounded in common sense. Hillary's policies are grounded in treachery proven by her track record while she held political office for thirty years. Hillary's past speaks for itself.

Hillary is going to bomb Syria's legitimate secular government and thus help ISIS,

You have a twisted notion of legitimacy, it comes out of the barrel of a gun. That shows what a great democrat you are. Are you going to suggest to trump to behave like your favourite despot in Syria when he's going to lose the election? People like you are the real threat to world peace. You are ready to burn down the entire world if you can't grab the throne.

You have a twisted notion of legitimacy, it comes out of the barrel of a gun. That shows what a great democrat you are. Are you going to suggest to trump to behave like your favourite despot in Syria when he's going to lose the election? People like you are the real threat to world peace. You are ready to burn down the entire world if you can't grab the throne.
wahhabi terrorist infested areas like Aleppo, Mosul and Raqqa need to be bombed to shit. We want American JDAMS to join in on the fun the Syrian and Russian Air Forces are having. :)

-------------------------------------------------

also, looks like Comey just cleared her, again :tsk:

hopefully the damage has been done because news takes time to seep in but what's very interesting is that this is exactly what Larry Nichols, guest on the Alex Jones show, had said when news of the re-investigation first broke a week ago, that Comey will clear her before election day. :woot:

and was Bernie Sanders blackmailed ?

LOL Comey clears Hillary. Now watch how Trump maniacs start fabricating new excuses and conspiracies. I'm loving these KKK Bible extremists joining forces with Trump. Seems the aggrieved white supremacist has after all found a prophet who can alleviate his pain and anger. Trump already accusing the same FBI he praised a couple of days ago LMAO That didn't take long. What a clown fest. Finger licking good though.

I hope Trump wins it. Can't wait for this guy to singlehandedly ruin the USA. The Americans are screwed either way. On the one hand a lunatic orange head who believes that China is responsible for climate change hoax. On the other hand a corrupt politician who wants to keep the status quo in tact. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom