What's new

US-Philippines Reach Deal on US Military Access

Phillipine don't want any foreign troop on the nation but they have no other choice to allow US military base reestablish in Phillipine and continue subjugate to foreign power.

I'm not here to drag one member against another to fight..if ever he posted any offensive reply,its your duty to report it.I'm really tired seeing Vietnamese,Philipine or Chinese member calling each other "Monkey","banana" and other sort of "Racial Remarks"..few days ago,one Chinese poster called me "monkey" or something..when I tried to educate that member by posting few pics,Mod gave me one strike.so,I learned my lesson,report it back.no more name calling..when you'll get one,you too will learn that lesson.
Ever since their chinese comrade hu song shan becomes a moderator, they got a free ride on PDF.

Ever since their chinese comrade hu song shan becomes a moderator, they got a free ride on PDF.

I don't blame some particular MOD for this...Cursing,Badmouthing and making racial remarks completely degrades any forum's quality.its MOD who should take care of this.I've seen dozens of quality threads went to drain due to some m0r0n made one racial remarks.plus,what kind of pathetic mentality is this,calling another member monkey???

Yes, They will as it is Included in the Agreement ...

buddy,can you shed more light on what kind of "Resources" you guys will get apart from protection???Security will be provided by USA,thats clear.but do any more resources,including training and equipment,you guys are expecting??what could be possible outcome you guys will achieve??please share your views on giving access of Philippines' bases to USA which Philippines severely opposed even few years ago.it seems to me that its clearly some "Desperate Measure"..

Last edited:
Phillipine don't want any foreign troop on the nation but they have no other choice to allow US military base reestablish in Phillipine and continue subjugate to foreign power.

exactly my thought.Philippines opposed this idea for years now.but it seems to me that they're now desperate after seeing their lands being grabbed.

exactly my thought.Philippines opposed this idea for years now.but it seems to me that they're now desperate after seeing their lands being grabbed.

Its the Philippines who grabbed Moro lands first and tried to grab the Spratly islands.

This is a dispute territory, you can't say it belong to Phillipine or China, throughout history conquering land did so by military force. You have to have a military power to enforce your claim of the land, Phillipine want to used US naval base as the power to be to fight over the island in case there is a war with China. Phillipine willing subjugated themself to US rule to protect Phillipines right of their claim to the disputed territory. US won't sacrify US soldiers lifes just to legitimate Phillipine claim of the territory without enhance US own national interest in the region. No one risk their own life for free without any benefitial for their action.

Vietnam never offer the same ... but Vietnam offer the services to all friendly partners for their warships to come our strategy harbour.
The list including : India navy, South Korea and Japan, USA and Russia, Australia, France, UK, ...
the list could be longer ... but I am sure never has China navy !!!

China had miscalculated the reaction of its smaller neighbors China thought its neighbors will go knocking at his door by intimidating them with its military might. On the contrary these smaller and weaker nations went knocking at our door.

Vietnam never offer the same ... but Vietnam offer the services to all friendly partners for their warships to come our strategy harbour.
The list including : India navy, South Korea and Japan, USA and Russia, Australia, France, UK, ...
the list could be longer ... but I am sure never has China navy !!!

What is strategy harbor? Cam Ranh Bay?

China had miscalculated the reaction of its smaller neighbors China thought its neighbors will go knocking at his door by intimidating them with its military might. On the contrary these smaller and weaker nations went knocking at our door.

Philippines suffers from massive and rampant corruption, and both the Moro insurgency in Mindanao and Communist insurgency by New People's Army. Fighting breaks out nearly every week. Philipine Generals will still pocket their millions and drive around their new cars, embezzling money from state funds and America isn't going to do anything to change it.

Conflict in Mindanao/Philippines

U think Phillipines will stand up against China without US calling the shot behind? This is just a grand strategy by the US government and pushing other Asian to butthead with China on their territorial dispute. Phillipines choose to subjugate to US ruled or face China intimidation. US fighting hard not to cede their power and influence to China in the region. No one can predict how the future will play out as China rise as a regional power. Can US actually hold on to power and influence in the region as China economy on par with the US in 5 more yrs? US and Nato encroached into Russia sphere of influence and direct threat to Russia own interest and security, Russia respond by annex Crimea and preserve their own naval base in their backyard. US and Nato power in a decline as they can't no longer preserve their power in too many region all over the world.

What is strategy harbor? Cam Ranh Bay?

Vietnam has not only one harbour, it could be Da Nang which many other navies visited ... while the most famous is Cam Ranh Bay with both naval bases and military airport ( ever used by both USA and Russia ... the secretary of defence dept of USA, Russia, Japan ...recently all visit or mentioned to Cam Ranh... ) .... don't forget China ever asked for Cam Ranh allowance

The fact show that many power show they interested in Cam Ranh, but Vietnam is not ready to give the right for anyone solely ...

Vietnam has not only one harbour, it could be Da Nang which many other navies visited ... while the most famous is Cam Ranh Bay with both naval bases and military airport ( ever used by both USA and Russia ... the secretary of defence dept of USA, Russia, Japan ...recently all visit or mentioned to Cam Ranh... ) .... don't forget China ever asked for Cam Ranh allowance

The fact show that many power show they interested in Cam Ranh, but Vietnam is not ready to give the right for anyone solely ...

I think,Vietnam is playing its cards smartly.they're luring various powers,taking its advantages through co-op and making itself powerful than basing some foreign power in their country and relying on them.but,then again,there is no comparison between Vietnam and Philippines.

I think,Vietnam is playing its cards smartly.they're luring various powers,taking its advantages through co-op and making itself powerful than basing some foreign power in their country and relying on them.but,then again,there is no comparison between Vietnam and Philippines.

Anyway, Phillipine should focus on develop their own navy and coastal defence ... that's a must have for an island country.
China army ever tasted Vietnam army endurance several times ... even airforce ... we have nothing to be worried about ...

Back
Top Bottom