What's new

US, Pakistan trust very low: Feinstein

... It's only "not possible" because Pakistan believes in using force, terror, or domination with its Afghan and Indian neighbors rather than be friends with them. Pakistan doesn't treat Iran that way because (1) they're Muslim, and (2) the mullahs are a lot scarier than the terrorists, right? Really, just because you grew up in a street jungle doesn't mean you have to treat international relations that way...

I'm guessing you've seen too many Indian movies etc. with their usual stereotyping of Pakistanis as a terror-loving bunch who look wide-eyed at India's perceived greatness. Our portrayal of Indians has been quite the opposite (excepting a few episodes here and there).

That's just a cowardly "out" to avoid making difficult moral judgments.

Oh yes, "moral judgements". Where were these judgements in 1974 when the Smiling Buddha exploded on our door-step? I'm sure our ally could've done much more than just watch the lights.

Rich and mighty can/do exploit the needy. I do not see it as friendship. US was a rich and powerful nation, can give Pakistan a lot in terms money and technology etc.

Pakistan on other hand is more of service provider. You get paid for services.

So think from that perspective, that is exactly how US sees Pakistan.

I agree with you here. There is so much the US can help Pakistan with: power generation, developing infrastructure and educational improvement. No dollars required, advice and expertise would go a long way in itself.

I'm guessing you've seen too many Indian movies etc. with their usual stereotyping of Pakistanis as a terror-loving bunch -
No, my neighbors were Pakistani diplomats - until the traumatic day they decided to become Bangladeshi diplomats and let it all spill out.

Oh yes, "moral judgements". Where were these judgements in 1974 when the Smiling Buddha exploded on our door-step? I'm sure our ally could've done much more than just watch the lights.
To find the answer to your question you have to examine the trail of evidence and see where it leads, not just mouth off certainties and only accept as evidence items that support your preferred narrative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom