What's new

US, Pakistan discuss options for Gen Bajwa’s visit to DC

Wait, whaaaaaat?

He is pro Altaf?
I was, like most Karachiites whose grandparents had migrated from India, an avid supporter of MQM until around 2001 when I went overseas. When I returned in 2007, things in Karachi were much better but AH was no longer sane. I guess the first sign was when he started wearing those colorful and strange kameez shalwar. It was as if he was always under the influence. I think he was deliberately being drugged by some for their own advantage to the point where he just went insane. Whatever the case, it was AH himself who destroyed MQM and who failed Karachi.

And yet, even today, nobody owns Karachi!

Yes

A big fanboy Only recently started calling him a terrorist after left with no choice and after his decline

Oh boy, and here I was wondering that supporting Ishaq Dar was his biggest quality!

Altaf Hussain is just another kettle of fish.

Pmln will not retain him ... Once he get ectension he will throw away pmln as well
yes this is also possible but the issue is who will manage 2023 election & who will guarantee the continuation of current political setup .... ???

because someone is required for the transition of power from PML-N to PPP Lt. Gen. Aamer could be one of the person (as per current rumours) but then the question is what would be the role of Gen. Bajwa would he be another Gen. Rtd Kyani or would he be Gen. Rtd. Musharraf.

So if Bajwa take an exit from power politics of Pakistan then to keep him safe it is necessary to keep PTI out of politics at least for next 10 years, which seems very difficult with the current political support of PTI from common Pakistanis & young voters.

Oh boy, and here I was wondering that supporting Ishaq Dar was his biggest quality!

We Karachiites never had many options, Sindh had PPP, Punjab had PML, Baluchistan had its own nationalist parties and Sarhad had religious parties. Karachi was always an orphan. So, when MQM was established, as a Mohajir entity for Karachi, people flocked to it and started supporting it left, right and center.

Now, when we say that MQM was supported, it does not mean that their wrong actions were supported, their wrong actions were criticized and condemned internally. It was a great start which faltered, ending in much pain....leaving Karachi an orphan again.

yes this is also possible but the issue is who will manage 2023 election & who will guarantee the continuation of current political setup .... ???

because someone is required for the transition of power from PML-N to PPP Lt. Gen. Aamer could be one of the person (as per current rumours) but then the question is what would be the role of Gen. Bajwa would he be another Gen. Rtd Kyani or would he be Gen. Rtd. Musharraf.

So if Bajwa take an exit from power politics of Pakistan then to keep him safe it is necessary to keep PTI out of politics at least for next 10 years, which seems very difficult with the current political support of PTI from common Pakistanis & young voters.
The easiest way to do that is to do to Imran what the establishment did to Altaf Hussain and Nawaz Sharif. Once the leader is cut-off from his followers, they eventually forget about him.

Instead of considering who is best for Pakistan, based on actions and not on words, you'll rely on Imran's false rhetoric and repeated lies.
Ignoring rest of your rant

Zara yeh to batao who is best for Pakistan according to you???

Yup

Disowned him in the end like all other guys of MQMP when left with no other choice

We Karachiites never had many options, Sindh had PPP, Punjab had PML, Baluchistan had its own nationalist parties and Sarhad had religious parties. Karachi was always an orphan. So, when MQM was established, as a Mohajir entity for Karachi, people flocked to it and started supporting it left, right and center.

Yeah well I agree with you on that part...that was the appeal of MQM.

Unfortunately, it seems the politics of Pakistan is again going to be confined to regional parties.

Zara yeh to batao who is best for Pakistan according to you???

The million dollar question.

The more apt question though would be, who is the least worst!

Assisting negotiation doesn't imply getting something enforced
So do you think PDM agreed to vote for Bajwa voluntarily and did not get anything in return .... ???

Just recall what happened to SS case ....??

What was the status of Zardari case before and after the vote for extension ... ???

What was the status of Omni group case before and after the vote for extension ... ???

Cases of Faryal Talpur, Case of Diesel who also issued open threat to NAB when he was called for appear in front of investigation officer.

Both Internal and External players were involved in Regime change operation and the role of Bajwa was as important as was the role USA.

Can't connect those talks to any future extension.
All the game for PDM especially PML-N changed in their favour after the vote for extension, just as example try to remember Maryam Nawaz attacked on NAB office with hundreds of PML-N workers and Leaders but no case was registered against her even though video evidences were present.

Those PML-N leaders who were arrested were released on Bail and since then NO hearing of this case is conducted.

Another example something similar happened in the case of arrest of Safdar Awan from Karachi, he was granted bail in the least possible time & those officers of Sindh Rangers who forced the Sindh Police to fulfil their duty as per the Law were transferred.

I can list many other such small favours granted by the establishment to PML-N and Zardari Family after the vote for the extension for Bajwa

ECP will disqualify him (ECP = Establishment wing).

Though IK will fight his disqualification in IHC and SC...lets see what will happen there.

The chair makes a man....

Once the new Chief comes to the town he won't carry Bajwa's baggage for even the kids refuse to do it for their parents! IMO the new Chief would bring Khair to Pak as he would try to leverage IK's humongous public support to enhance the public image of the Army along with that of him, so that he can continue on delivering the perks and privilege to his men....

As for IK, he's a pragmatic politician.....

A man may forget the murderer of his father, but not the loss of patrimony - Socrates

ECP will disqualify him (ECP = Establishment wing).

Though IK will fight his disqualification in IHC and SC...lets see what will happen there.
If the matter is delayed enough for Faez Isa to be the Chief Justice by that time then I believe Imran Khan will not get any favours.

Back
Top Bottom