What's new

US, Pakistan discuss options for Gen Bajwa’s visit to DC

Bajwa's saga starts with Rizwan Akhtar's summary retirement right after Bajwa became chief. That should have been a 10 alarm fire if people were paying attention. If you want to know about Bajwa, that is the thread that needs to be pulled. But that thread is cut, dusted and buried, and no where to be found.
If you don’t mind, is there any detail or explanation available on that saga ? The way news was shown, it made him a scandal…

If you don’t mind, is there any detail or explanation available on that saga ? The way news was shown, it made him a scandal…
A select circle is aware of that saga and know what has happened. People are too scared and nervous mentioning that issue. I don't think they will as long a Bajwa is the COAS and then a few years after. It will eventually be opened up, and everyone will be in for a surprise.

Most likely eyeing for safe haven after retirement to evade Pakistani public and future treason charges.

A select circle is aware of that saga and know what has happened. People are too scared and nervous mentioning that issue. I don't think they will as long a Bajwa is the COAS and then a few years after. It will eventually be opened up, and everyone will be in for a surprise.

I remember minor details. But if you can shine some light for others to know.

Have you forget Its was establishment who after failure of dialogues b/w PTI & Opposition directly negotiated the deal for votes for the amendment in Army act for the extension of services of Army Chief .... ?
Assisting negotiation doesn't imply getting something enforced. It was total imran khans call(if I was one of the nashukraas I would have said amreeka kay bhaghair Imran couldn't have made this decision)to give him an extwnsion prior to the talks.Both parties agreed in 2020 jan and extension happened . Can't connect those talks to any future extension.
"Agar" Wo retire hona chahtey bi hai taab bi there are those who want to keep him in power ....

Bajwa is the guarantor of Traditional Power structure in Pakistan his retirement in current situation would mean the fall of Traditional Political Power Structure.

There is no way PMD would want to have General Elections in which they do not have support from Establishment and Judiciary, therefor they would want to have GE in October 2023 during this time Qazi Faez Essa would assume the charge of Chief Justice of Pakistan

Things to note are

- Current ECP Chief will remain in this position till Jan-2025

- Qazi Faez Esa would assume the charge of CJP in Sep-2023

- 'As of now' officially Bajwa is set to retired on Nov-2022, but What IF he received at least 1 more year extension?? In that case he will be COAS of PA till the time of GE in 2023 which will be held in Oct-2023, more importantly Bajwa is still 62 years of age which mean as per law he could serve as General till the age of 64, so in other words he could get upto 2 years of extension in his service.

View attachment 871108
(Link)
Speculations.

Last edited:
I remember minor details. But if you can shine some light for others to know.
All I'll say is Rizwan was DG ISI before Bajwa became Chief. And DG ISI has a lot to "say" through official channels about the candidates vying for the position.

- Yes this is the reason when Imran Riaz Khan raised some simple question he was arrested & tortured

- Shabaz Gil was subject to inhuman torture & was forced to tell about the mobile and video Statement of IK which IK has recorded and asked to made public in case of his murder or in some other unforeseen event.

- This is the reason IK and Shareen Mazari were subject to illegal spying

- Wife & 10 month old daughter of Shahbaz Gill's Driver were arrested and put behind the bars.

- This is the reason at 25 May, 2022 Punjab Rangers was involved in shelling and torture on PTI workers.

- This is the reason Umme Hareem made FB post about IK

- This is the reason DG ISPR comment about the exchange rate and economy after regime change while claiming to be Neutral

There are many such examples of Neutrality

it was not me who started to discuss past .... I was talking about present time and on the present events indicating the future possibilities. You can read my posts again.

because of your hatred you could not analysis the situation objectively & would always remain biased in your analysis

Even courts follow the precedence there are many examples, you are terming something illegal which was not even by the court is declared illegal; SCP interference just made the process of extension more official with the backing of Provision of law.
when they are bitten, that is the time to look at them, jumping like clowns and atonce democracy is in danger.

If I were to rank his biggest mistakes in tenure, this would be either number two or three.

When the extension was announced, I wrote a post on the very day way back then that 'Warh gaye'. When the whole VoNC fiasco was happening, some poster actually fished out that post and quoted it again, that you were right back then.

This was the most stupid thing he could have done, why did he do it? Well, those who know give a few reasons, none of which seem very convincing to me at least.

But well, bygones are bygones.
You are focusing on Imran's action and further complementing it with your assessment back in the day.

But my focus is on why Imran was compelled to crush the right of the next-in-line officer and to give Bajwa the extension; there is only 1 reason -> Bajwa's unwavering, unflinching and absolute support to Imran Khan and PTI, through thick and thin and through all their faults and illegalities. The kind of support Bajwa and many other senior most establishment officers gave to Imran Khan, including Judiciary (Saqib Nisar especially) etc., is unprecedented and awe inspiring. But that all aside, Imran Khan is basically a man who will eat his words day in and day out and do exactly when he himself would have condemned in the past with lame and senseless justifications which his supporters not only buy readily but also sell to the rest of Pakistan. And so his followers readily buy that Bajwa, who was the most patriotic son of soil and irreplaceable until just 9-10 months ago, is suddenly a traitor and more!

I don't buy the **** that PDM sells, that Nawaz or Zardari or Fazl or Altaf or any other politician sells; I conclude based on merit. And on merit, Imran is the worst of them all!

I don't buy the **** that PDM sells, that Nawaz or Zardari or Fazl or Altaf or any other politician sells; I conclude based on merit. And on merit, Imran is the worst of them all!

You are a lunatic who hates Imran Khan just because he called out your former (and current) hero Altaf Hussain

You think we all forgot your love affair with that guy? We know you well. And being a karachiite I and @HRK know the whole psyche of you AH fanboys very well

You are a lunatic who hates Imran Khan just because he called out your former (and current) hero Altaf Hussain

You think we all forgot your love affair with that guy? We know you well. And being a karachiite I and @HRK know the whole psyche of you AH fanboys very well

he make his merit at home which only he knows what is that upon which he base his comments.

i just don't understand how much of time is available to him for the trash he write. people have strange hobbies he is no exception.

he make his merit at home which only he knows what is that upon which he base his comments.

i just don't understand how much of time is available to him for the trash he write. people have strange hobbies he is no exception.

These Altaf Hussain fanboys are psycho. I being a karachiite know these guys well

They even made someone like Zardari their abbu after that Chief minister fiasco

Anything in hatred of Imran Khan. Anyone can be their abbu

You are focusing on Imran's action and further complementing it with your assessment back in the day.

But my focus is on why Imran was compelled to crush the right of the next-in-line officer and to give Bajwa the extension; there is only 1 reason -> Bajwa's unwavering, unflinching and absolute support to Imran Khan and PTI, through thick and thin and through all their faults and illegalities.

Thanks for letting us know that you don't know an iota of what you are talking about. The reasons were many, but this was definitely NOT the main reason for giving the extension. Please ask anyone who actually has knowledge of the matter.

Was it the correct decision to give extension? No. Should IK have bowed down? No. The question then is, why did IK not take a stand and say no? Even in courtesy? Because his 'advisors' at the time advised him that is time par aap fauj say koi aisa panga mat lain...that's the long and short of it. The moment he started eyeing them up, and showing any kind of dissent to their decisions and tried to impose himself...problems started occuring.

Why do you think that for the first time in history, someone actually had to read up what the Army Act said regarding the extension? Something which had been routinely done multiple times, where the defence secretary basically has the letter half printed, why was there a need to get into the whole fiasco and in the end they had to go to parliament to do this? IK could have very easily just signed the letter the first time it came from the MoD aur kisi nay aik choon bhi nhn karni thi. To phir aisa kia hua?

There were MANY such cases where disgruntlement among some was increasing, and they were egging on each other to get something done. Some cases which the good general has himself mentioned in the many visits he undertook to different cantt's, some which he hasn't. The most public of which was the DG ISI issue.

Also, look at the posts of another poster in another thread where he hinted upon something, where an ex DG ISI was sent to NDU of all places.

Now I will just leave it at that, because I do sometimes feel I have already said too much on an open forum.

You don't want to believe anything, sure, be my guest.

And so his followers readily buy that Bajwa, who was the most patriotic son of soil and irreplaceable until just 9-10 months ago, is suddenly a traitor and more!

I did not, and do not, follow either school of thought, so please, stop painting with a broad brush.

Allah khair hi karay phir aisay merit ka where openly looting coffers, taking qabza of properties, stuffing whole public corporations with your village folk, killing people for money and providing them protection, is not any worse than what IK did.

Wait, whaaaaaat?

He is pro Altaf?

Oh damn!! You still haven't forgotten what MQM did to you? Now what will we do :o:........

Honestly, all you who follow Imran Khan are crazy in my opinion, just like other politicized Pakistanis who follow other leaders. Instead of considering who is best for Pakistan, based on actions and not on words, you'll rely on Imran's false rhetoric and repeated lies.

The real difference between us is that I will call AH a retard, a terrorist and a psychopath but you are unable to speak the truth about Imran Khan! And this is what matters for Pakistan!

US, Pakistan discuss options for Gen Bajwa’s visit to DC

Anwar Iqbal Published August 16, 2022 Updated about 2 hours ago

1x1.2x1.5x
WASHINGTON: The United States and Pakistani officials are considering various options for Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Qamar Bajwa to visit the United States in late August or early September, diplomatic sources told Dawn.
“A date will soon be finalized,” a source said. Since the visit has not yet been officially confirmed, neither side has announced the agenda of the talks Gen Bajwa is likely to hold in Washington.
But diplomatic circles and think-tank experts point out that both sides have been trying to arrange such a visit for more than a year now. They also refer to various recent events and statements that might be discussed if and when Gen Bajwa visits Washington.
“We remain engaged with a range of stakeholders in Pakistan, (including) those currently in the government” and with “a broad array of others,” the department’s spokesperson Ned Price said.
Last month, Gen Bajwa reached out to Washington to request help in securing an early disbursement of funds from the IMF. He spoke with US Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman and later a State Department official rejected media speculations that the call was linked to the current political situation in Pakistan.
Later, Gen Bajwa also spoke with Commander US Centcom Gen Michael Erik Kurilla and, according to an official statement, the two discussed “matters of mutual interests, regional stability as well as defence and security cooperation in detail.”
Published in Dawn, August 16th, 2022
The fact that US not taking PDM leaders seriously and instead want to talk to Bajwa could also mean they've realized their blunder in assisting the VNC. Very uncertain times ahead for Pakistan and the US would probably like to have guarantees for their own interests. A stable Pakistan is in US best interest, they don't have anything left to gain from Afghanistan.

Bajwa or any leader should make it a priority that both China and US are heavily invested in Pakistan financially, that would be crucial for Pakistan's survival as also stated by Gen (R) Tariq. If both sides have investments to protect, Pakistan would be off limits for a US/China proxy confrontation.

Back
Top Bottom