What's new

US Navy's new warship, USS Zumwalt, can prepare for battle on its own: report

Great, now all the US has to do is build a super computer with a global network called skynet. What could possibly go wrong?

terminator-3-rise-of-the-machines-large-picture.jpg

....Oh dear....

If I recall, that was the same problem in the US during the US industrial era, and the US economic boom. I doubt that this will remain the case in china. I suspect that things are going to start looking cleaner by 2030.

lol. they're planning to build 32 of said ships. The USS Zumwalt and 2 others will be in operation by the end of this year....

The ship is the future.Absolute beast.One thing is dislike is the paint scheme.Looks pansy in white.Should be black or grey-a true predator.

The ship is the future.Absolute beast.One thing is dislike is the paint scheme.Looks pansy in white.Should be black or grey-a true predator.

Lets not exegrate. Its just a ship. A single Harpoon is enough to sink it.

If USA invents skyships with electromagnetic shields, than i will be impressed. Until than.. :shout:

Lets not exegrate. Its just a ship. A single Harpoon is enough to sink it.

If USA invents skyships with electromagnetic shields, than i will be impressed. Until than.. :shout:

Do u know that ship's radar signature is that of a fishing boat?The harpoon would never lock on in time.

The original DD21 design, displacing around 16,000 tons, would have accommodated between 117 and 128 VLS cells.However, the final DDG-1000 design was considerably smaller than that of the DD21, resulting in room for only 80 VLS cells. Given the vessel's expected role, the Zumwalt-class destroyers will likely carry many more Tomahawks than either the Ticonderoga- or Arleigh Burke-class ships.

Each VLS cell can be quad packed with RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles (ESSM). This gives a maximum theoretical ESSM load out of 320 missiles. The ESSM is considered a point defense weapon not generally used for fleet area defense. Though the ESSM has a range (27 NM) exceeding that of the earlier Naval Tartar anti-aircraft missile (17.5 NM RIM-24C).

Hence, it is designed as a point defense, with the capacity to pulverize coastal defenses. Its designed to knock out communication between enemy vessels. In the Navy we call this 'Decapitation' strike.

China could probably build something like this by 2020.

By then we'll be on to something totally different and china's creation will again be obsolete. That's what happens when you steal instead of create. You're ALWAYS a step or two behind.

My point is that it would be vulnerable to the defences of Russia and China. It would be useful against low tech powers like North Korea but not the big boys like Russia and China.

If OUR stuff is 'useless' than what will THEIR stuff be against us ? Less than useless. As I've said before, their stuff would sink so fast it would defy the laws of physics.:usflag:

Nothing will feed their wishful thinking :lol:

Nothing will change the mind of US/Western fan-boys who are brainwashed by the US/Western media either.

Hint: There was a reason that China beat Nato/Russia in the recent Turkish long-range SAM competition.

Nothing will change the mind of US/Western fan-boys who are brainwashed by the US/Western media either.

Hint: There was a reason that China beat Nato/Russia in the recent Turkish long-range SAM competition.
Chinese lack innovation even though Chinese are hardworking people.

Practically speaking, I'm half a westerner.

You're delusional if you keep applying the same logic everywhere :lol:

Nothing against China, don't put a word in my mouth kiddo.

J-20 jets which are armed with air launched YJ-12 can sink this ship. 8-) Excellent ship :usflag:

lol. they're planning to build 32 of said ships. The USS Zumwalt and 2 others will be in operation by the end of this year....

32 ships were planned. Currently capped to 3 due to no more money for more ships. Zumwalt won't be commissioned till 2016 at the earliest. J-20 operational by 2017.

Zumwalt-class destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
No matter how advanced you make a ship.

It is still sinkable.

So i dont think theres any point in over exaggerating this thing xD

No matter how advanced you make a ship.

It is still sinkable.

So i dont think theres any point in over exaggerating this thing xD
Yeah...The better the ship, the more difficult to sink it. I know you want to downplay this ship, almost you have to downplay this ship out of sheer jealousy, but do try to more specific.

I did not mean it like that.

What I meant is that countries like China and Russia would have the forces to easily neutralise this ship.

We know that it is not really that effective as the total ships has been capped at only 3. This is not to do with the 5 billion dollar cost of each ship as that would come down with a large order, but the US military has realised that that it won't be survivable against a large and advanced military power.
You do not know a damn thing. Stop trying to pretend. The way you talk about the US military, we might as well call you 'Baghdad Bob'. The defenses of Russia and China would not know this ship is there until the shells and missiles starts raining down on them.

Back
Top Bottom