What's new

US Naval Officer spent 5 days onboard an Indian Navy warship, INS Delhi

And also he mentions the flagship in INS Delhi...but i think the flagship is INS Virat.

isn't access to interior of warship's restricted to civilians ,at least on a foreign soil ...?

yes eowyn it is.. to the visitors who come on our ships in foreign ports. for the naval personnel of other friendly navies who come under exchange-program, they live on our ships like one of our own... except things like armament magazines and signal office, rest all places are in bounds to them.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

And also he mentions the flagship in INS Delhi...but i think the flagship is INS Virat.

A Flag ship is the ship on which fleet Commander, ie FOCWF sails. so it keeps changing between Mumbai, Viraat, delhi, brahmaputra, talwar etc etc. It all depends upon which all ships are sailing together in that particular exercise, and of course, what The Admiral wishes!!

yes eowyn it is.. to the visitors who come on our ships in foreign ports. for the naval personnel of other friendly navies who come under exchange-program, they live on our ships like one of our own... except things like armament magazines and signal office, rest all places are in bounds to them.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

A Flag ship is the ship on which fleet Commander, ie FOCWF sails. so it keeps changing between Mumbai, Viraat, delhi, brahmaputra, talwar etc etc. It all depends upon which all ships are sailing together in that particular exercise, and of course, what The Admiral wishes!!

Are you a former sailor?

Are you a former sailor?

No, but I have a lot of military connections because of my family. hence I know a little more than an average person about the armed forces... and I keep visiting defence installations,and I keep listening to officers "cribbing" about their bosses and all during various functions!!!:azn:

for last 15 years, I have been meeting people, asking them questions, lapping up every news about defence forces,and that has helped me to realise and accept the various negatives as well...

c'mon people ...an UNnamed naval officer!!!!! this is obvious BS

It seems source is legit, however he also seems to exaggerate, plus he has superiority complex. In my opinion, truth is in between what US and Indians say.

I traveled quite a lot, and lived in India too for several months, so I can confirm few things source said (granted, its about mentality in general, I havent been on their warship).

Some nations are cleanliness and precision freaks, Indians are the opposite. Just look how they treat their Holiest river Ganga, they openly dump sewerage to it :frown: If you ever traveled with Indian railway throughout the country, arrival time is +- few days and nobody is bothered, in Germany precision is within minutes. However Indians are incredibly friendly and hospitable, if you stop by in someones land, they'll bring you some refreshments, etc. Try that in US - owner will come with a shotgun and demand to leave his property :disagree:

P.S. CardSharp looked like Sherlock Holmes there :azn:

P.S. CardSharp looked like Sherlock Holmes there :azn:

You didn't know this but I was actually smoking a pipe while I was posting.

320px-Sherlock_Holmes_statue_at_Meiringen1.jpg

lol false thread now deleted ..never once anyone would believe that it was true...IN is very professional , even Pakistanis know that..

Lol.The funniest thing that I've ever read in a long time.Being the son of a former CO XO myself,I've always held the belief that the Indian Navy were the pampered lot among the forces.I guess I was wrong!

Abysmal Engineering and navigational methodologies?Perhaps the "distinguished officer" doesn't know that a lot of our officers earn their stripes from Russian and US War Academies.MARCOs get sent to Israel on a yearly basis without fail.My dad himself completed his NAVAC course from Russia .

Sandals,slaves and spears? Was he really on a naval ship or some African tribal boat.lol

The "Pigsty" connotation was funniest one of all.I have seen Sailors cleaning the fixtures of the ship with their toothbrushes if even their cabin bedsheets aren't folded in the proper manner or to the CO's liking.

Most of all,A US Navy officer who claims to be one amongst the crew of a Missile destroyer opens a singular thread and that too on the Indian Navy?Perhaps he is in love with our navy rather than his own.lol

Sad that the trolls don't even do their homework before ranting!!!

the thread was started with sole purpose of bashing of IN

lol false thread now deleted ..never once anyone would believe that it was true...IN is very professional , even Pakistanis know that..

Moderators:police: must stop the individuals & take a serious note for starting baseless bashing threads:angry: like this to degrade a country, its institutions and its people. These threads are not going to serve any purpose except degrading the forum's quality & standard. Thanks in advance.

Moderators:police: must stop the individuals & take a serious note for starting baseless bashing threads:angry: like this to degrade a country, its institutions and its people. These threads are not going to serve any purpose except degrading the forum's quality & standard. Thanks in advance.

what does it matter that it was removed from reddit its self , for being false news????
what does it matter that people debunked all the so called information on the IN in the first 5 pages .????

its an anti Indian thread . these never close.:)

You're asking too much from a bunch of hypocrites and pseudo intellectuals. Relax...breathe in and simply, deflect.

Ps: please exclude santro from my list. I have way too much respect for that guy.

Back
Top Bottom