What's new

US links future of joint jet engine development project to manufacture fighter plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So india gave up on making an worthy engine and now French will make one under the label made in india. Big accomplishment for india

I think you never saw an engine and you talk about engine development. Before making fun of yourself read what you are and what you are talking about. lol

@PARIKRAMA do F16 has any scope for further improvement? if India buys 150-200 F16 what will be its status twenty year later. can it be turned into a serious 4+++ gen like rafale /euro fighter/Sukhoi etc

Frankly speaking NO, and F-16 V or F-16 Block 70 might be the last upgrade of the teen.
Those new upgrades such as Block 50/52 or 60/62 were actually made to keep the F-16 compatible to the latest requirement and thread, otherwise even U.S original plan was to retire all the F-16 in 1999.

Whereas Rafale, whose life is been rated as 50 years, could easily achieve 2 more Mid Life Deep Upgrade.

So india gave up on making an worthy engine and now French will make one under the label made in india. Big accomplishment for india

Sorry to burst your bubble but a Kaveri-derivative has been chosen for a new stealth UCAV.

And we have three other engine programs running.

Sorry to burst your bubble but a Kaveri-derivative has been chosen for a new stealth UCAV.

And we have three other engine programs running.
That lungi also does not know that Kaveri is a full fledged working engine at 79kN thrust. Probably happy that Indian engine "Failed"

Frankly speaking NO, and F-16 V or F-16 Block 70 might be the last upgrade of the teen.
Those new upgrades such as Block 50/52 or 60/62 were actually made to keep the F-16 compatible to the latest requirement and thread, otherwise even U.S original plan was to retire all the F-16 in 1999.

Whereas Rafale, whose life is been rated as 50 years, could easily achieve 2 more Mid Life Deep Upgrade.

Rafale is better than F-16 no doubt.

We should treat this "50 year life span" with a pinch of salt though. Rafale will start to become obsolete next
decade as China, Russia, Turkey and Korea start deploying 5th generation fighter. A 5th gen fighter would have
a field day when taking on Rafale.

Rafale is better than F-16 no doubt.

We should treat this "50 year life span" with a pinch of salt though. Rafale will start to become obsolete next
decade as China, Russia, Turkey and Korea start deploying 5th generation fighter. A 5th gen fighter would have
a field day when taking on Rafale.

LOL

Rafale is 5th Gen Capable fighter Plane. And F-16 Block 70/72 is compatible to the 5th Gen Warfare capable with the upgrades called as block. And that 50 time frame is given by the OEM itself and it shows the life expected of the Airframe, and not of your LUNGI Mamoo !!

LOL

Rafale is 5th Gen Capable fighter Plane. And F-16 Block 70/72 is compatible to the 5th Gen Warfare capable with the upgrades called as block. And that 50 time frame is given by the OEM itself and it shows the life expected of the Airframe, and not of your LUNGI Mamoo !!

"5th gen capable" :rofl:

One of the defining features of 5th gen planes is stealth which Rafale lacks. It's airframe cannot
be made 5th generation or are you saying that France knows something that all other countries don't?

"5th gen capable" :rofl:

One of the defining features of 5th gen planes is stealth which Rafale lacks. It's airframe cannot
be made 5th generation or are you saying that France knows something that all other countries don't?

Rafale has electronic stealth.

Very cunning of them, a slippery slope they want to rope-in india and dictate the terms, better go with Safran/Kaveri tie up. its NOT a defence deal but a longterm strategic tie-up to gain strong foothold in Asia. Just an honest opinion , goodday

It was for a few things but I won't go into them, that's for another thread.
The US won't offer TOT to India for the F-35, remember the software issues for the plane for its allies?
The UK doesn't need to buy its own weapons, we can make them, do remember the Typhoon is essentially British. BAE also leads the world with cutting edge weapons.
As for India doing the whole "take it or leave it" approach, that remains to be seen.
Just ask those members who blabbering about us tech transfer to india that what happened to javelin antitank missile? USA even denied us the less important stuffs like a javelin,and Its quite embracing for me that my fellow country men are still dreaming about that us tech transfer on f16.

Just ask those members who blabbering about us tech transfer to india that what happened to javelin antitank missile? USA even denied us the less important stuffs like a javelin,and Its quite embracing for me that my fellow country men are still dreaming about that us tech transfer on f16.

True, good example. Some of them just don't understand the other side to this i.e. American manufactures who will scream bloody murder, if tech is given over to Indian firms who then can sell good quality weapons for a modest price.
I have respect for the Indian Kaveri program. Regardless of how long it takes and the resources directed at it, at least when that milestone is past India can build on that very quickly.

It was the failure of the Javelin that pushed the US to change much of their attitude towards India.

Through the new recognition as "Major Defense Partner" we now have access to all export grade weapons the US makes.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...e-technologies-wh-official/article8775596.ece

Through the DTTI, we now have a framework for joint development of new weapons.
http://www.acq.osd.mil/ic/DTTI.html

Both are India-specific.

The failure of the Javelin was crucial. India demonstrated to the US that we won't accept half-assed deals like they are used to giving to their allies. That's the reason why they have a new framework for defence cooperation. It is completely different from what American allies are used to.

In the future, India and the US will produce weapons and sell them to American allies and friendly nations jointly.

It was the failure of the Javelin that pushed the US to change much of their attitude towards India.

Through the new recognition as "Major Defense Partner" we now have access to all export grade weapons the US makes.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...e-technologies-wh-official/article8775596.ece

Through the DTTI, we now have a framework for joint development of new weapons.
http://www.acq.osd.mil/ic/DTTI.html

Both are India-specific.

The failure of the Javelin was crucial. India demonstrated to the US that we won't accept half-assed deals like they are used to giving to their allies. That's the reason why they have a new framework for defence cooperation. It is completely different from what American allies are used to.

In the future, India and the US will produce weapons and sell them to American allies and friendly nations jointly.
Let the actions speak loudly. The US embargo on US companies for using isro rocket for launching satellites are the new development, its just happened after javelin event.

Or u try to purchase some night vision googles for special mission ops from US(just a simple purchase not TOT) answer will be a big no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom