What's new

US links future of joint jet engine development project to manufacture fighter plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
try reading the comments of member at defence site given by parikarma, if engine tech is to be taken then whats harm in doing so with snecema with whom you are going to get 36 fighters for sure
India is ready but question is "Are they ready to give advanced tech to India"?

Snecma/Safran may help to a particular extent but for US :disagree: .

Why should U.S. give India its best technology? And whatever ToT U.S. gives India will come at a huge cost. India can simply say no, or seek engine technology from the Russians.

But Building an F-16/F-18 production line in India does have benefits: 1) Foreign FDI in defence sector 2) Management experience 3) Technology know how. If anything, it could accelerate India's own engine development.

But no way is U.S. giving India its crown jewels: only a fool would expect that.

So basically he is saying, we have a lot of catching up to do, so forget about indigenous development.

Well if not now then it will be never because the gap is only going to increase.
no its the other way round. He says critical part will not be shared and we have to earn it by the hardway of doing R&D ourselves.

no its the other way round. He says critical part will not be shared and we have to earn it by the hardway of doing R&D ourselves.
Oh oh. So its a total waste unless we learn something new out of the joint venture.

Nothing out of this would materialize in reality because the US intent is to pull India away from Russian lap..! Once that is done the Americans will take a dump and exit.

The news does not make sense...the Americans link jet engine tech with manufacture of fighter which is clearly saying that..we will give you an engine for use in our own fighter only...so its a death kneel for Kaveri already...

And very soon..Indian inventory would be full with American strings attached hardware...which means..India can no longer take an offensive posture...this would be benefit external security of Pakistan...

utter bull C, Indian is not Pakistan to dictate terms on, we keep our friends close and enemies closer for a reason. India's neutrality has always benefited it. We are not lap dogs of the US, russia or the European Union. They come to us, not we go to them!

please refrain from wild brain-farts its stinking up the core subject at hand which is TOT, no country will offer full TOT no matter the cost!

I waited so that someone takes the bait and at least explain whats possible whats not.

As much as we believe things are possible via USA marketing and PR exercise in newspapers, one needs to critically ask them , why are you bluffing so much.

Let me collate few things here for reference

My thots matches his .. well he explained superbly

View attachment 332230

View attachment 332232

3. my opinions

View attachment 332231

https://defence.pk/threads/pentagon-backs-proposal-to-give-us-fighter-jets-‘make-in-india’-tag.447731/page-7#post-8662871

4. Lets ask USA.

Let me order 2 squadron of F16 .
So against that on offset can you complete Kaveri Engine with GE tech?
You know their answer already.. isnt it?

Once again, you and Suarav Jha speak the truth bro!

At a time when France is already offering this kind of help, why the heck should India be interested in the American offer that would effectively kill off the LCA project and mean inducting an aged platform from the 1960s (F-16)?

It is interesting that France first made this offer and only now are the Americans making a counter.

I do hope the DM and PM love affair with the US is for appearances only and doesn't translate into costing India strategically (killing off the LCA, Kaveri and scuttling Rafale purchases).

France is a trusted partner that has stood by India, the US is a super predator that will harm India the second its interests diverge.

Nothing out of this would materialize in reality because the US intent is to pull India away from Russian lap..! Once that is done the Americans will take a dump and exit.

The news does not make sense...the Americans link jet engine tech with manufacture of fighter which is clearly saying that..we will give you an engine for use in our own fighter only...so its a death kneel for Kaveri already...

And very soon..Indian inventory would be full with American strings attached hardware...which means..India can no longer take an offensive posture...this would be benefit external security of Pakistan...

Americans are well known for a simple mantra .......

USE..........ABUSE. and then EXCUSE ..

Americans are well known for a simple mantra .......

USE..........ABUSE. and then EXCUSE ..

americans have solid relationships with Japan, south korea, taiwan, singapore, australia, nz, gcc states, israel, western europe, canada and a lot of latin american countries

all this stuff about american unreliability is from pakistanis who are delusional about their country standing in international politics

if you think US is going to give jet engine tech to India then you are living in fool`s paradise

americans have solid relationships with Japan, south korea, taiwan, singapore, australia, nz, gcc states, israel, western europe, canada and a lot of latin american countries

all this stuff about american unreliability is from pakistanis who are delusional about their country standing in international politics

which of those countries you mentioned got any advance tech from US

The Americans need to know one thing

1. India has options for engines and others.

2. America doesn't with its F16 or F18s.
the options for engine are not too many
F-16 have a lot of customers. it is the largest installed base of any fighter aircraft

if you think US is going to give jet engine tech to India then you are living in fool`s paradise

which of those countries you mentioned got any advance tech from US

japan, uk, germany, france, south korea, israel could not build advanced weapons & civillian products without technology licenses from american companies

I do not think US will give India advanced engine technology. they may transfer items to help Indians build it on their own. they might transfer several hundred engines to meet the IAF needs for a decade or two

Well if the Americans are coming to us with offers then I think we are pretty close to cracking the engine puzzle. Or we have already cracked it and haven't realized it yet. If it is GTRE then I am not surprised. These Americans know more about our program than we ourselves do.

in simple words hamara jahaaz lo gay to hi engine banana sikhay gay :P

haha

But after learning also building an engine is too difficult. Needs huge industrial base. We have developed Kaveri which is a FADEC engine but with lower thrust than expected. 79 kN against 90 kN. But still good. We need to learn few reliability techniques from US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom