What's new

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan

Taliban was created by the ISI and military in 90's
Hi

Were you part of their opening ceremony?

"Afghan Mujahideen" you said......

Who were they? Aren't most of Taliban were part of "Afghan resistance" against Soviets....?

wait, you need f16 blk52+ with Aim120c5's for fighting terrorists. Sounds legit.
It's For terrorists supporters and funders.....:-)

do you thin the usa as a whole is stupid enough to let business with pakistn go? even if it is little.

remember the gunship fiasco. they wanted zulus and they said no. all of a sudden china, turkey and russia stepped in and offered to fill the void. then the usa jumps in and gives an offer to good to refuse. and they take it as well as some from russia and china too. but they were not worth $900+ million
Really?? You truly think the largest economy on the globe is REALLY worried about a few hundred jobs and EIGHT jets??

And you think we have no national pride or respect for our country? You need to wake up and look around. We've been in Afghanistan for over a decade and a half due to our national pride. And it has cost us trillions. Not sure how a billion dollar worth of deal is such a big deal!!

The US has respected Pakistan as a partner and has worked with her for decades. But if there will be attacks on us, trust me, even a 1000 jobs won't matter!!
Bankrupt Broke and taters US cant do anything my friend fangs r nomore there .this deal will go through no matter what lawmaker says .

Hi

Were you part of their opening ceremony?

"Afghan Mujahideen" you said......

Who were they? Aren't most of Taliban were part of "Afghan resistance" against Soviets....?

I can read, do research or I should say I'm free to without having to be present at the ceremony. Are you not allowed to in pakistan? Do pakistani only speak to history they have been present to witness? All you have to search in Google is the term when was the taliban created.

Here your very own general says it too. ISI cultivated Taliban to counter Indian action against Pakistan: Musharraf - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Being a part of a resistance does not make those sitting in the image shown as Taliban. The image says the were Taliban. That claim is false. The taliban ideology was quite different than the Afghan resistance.

Last edited:
The Obama administration proposes to sell eight new F-16 jets to Pakistan – each worth an estimated $165 million – and is due to formally notify Congress about it any day now.

Source: US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan
What? Each F-16 costs $165 million? :woot: That's complete and unadulterated rubbish!

The cost of an F-16 today is $40-50 million depending on which block. Even the F-35s cost approx $100-120 million a pop.

What? Each F-16 costs $165 million? :woot: That's complete and unadulterated rubbish!

The cost of an F-16 today is $40-50 million depending on which block. Even the F-35s cost approx $100-120 million a pop.

These are advanced F-16's, call them F-16's "P" if you will, like the block 60, with a couple of newer things that just came out. Plus support, maintenance and other items, including US defense contractors.

Bankrupt Broke and taters US cant do anything my friend fangs r nomore there .this deal will go through no matter what lawmaker says .

Its people like your mentality who have no sense for anything international. If the sales goes through, it would primarily be because of NS + RS's visit and some back channels work that will take place to ensure that Pakistan is serious about eliminating all terrorists including the Haqani's. Otherwise, forget about the F-16's. You won't get a Toyota Corolla if the US made one :rofl:.

The Republicans run the show in Congress and if you think what's coming out of their mouths is a joke, you are kidding yourself. People like you, that go to places like the US and Canada and make these countries realize that bringing someone like you, was a mistake. From your post, your mentality is pretty damn clear to me.

By the way, I don't know what you know about the US, but her market is at the highest in history. The US Fed increased the interest rates today. Meaning the system is super healthy. More hikes to come shortly :enjoy::tup:

So you mean to say that Indians RAW influences us about Haqqani network and other thriving terror groups that Pakistan supports?. That it is a pipe dream that we(our intelligence) found you to support those terror groups who kill our soldiers, and others? Always with the reflexive "he did it gene" on everything?

Fair enough, you say we have low intellect. Then why do you send General Sharif to our country begging for more aid? You got super duper J17 you could buy from China or J 31! we are totally replaceable.

So U.S sends terrorists into India from pakistan and was behind 26/11? The lies the problem in the above scenario
Do u know, u still dont have a shred of evidence which tells we support anyone in afghanistan.

When US sell the tech , they know when to turn off switch. But its fact India lobby work against Pak during any defence deal. It US govt make final decision and ignore.

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan
vipers-on-the-combat-frontier_c7e748de-a416-11e5-a915-4cd4d91edd66.jpg

The Obama administration proposes to sell eight new F-16 jets to Pakistan – each worth an estimated $165 million – and is due to formally notify Congress about it any day now.

US lawmakers on Wednesday used very strong language to oppose the sale of armament to Pakistan, arguing it cannot be trusted because of its continued support for terrorism.

One lawmaker called it a “snitch” in the context of why the US didn’t inform Pakistan before the raid that killed Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad in May 2011.

Another member called Pakistan a “Benedict Arnold” ally, referencing an American general who switched sides during the War of Independence to join the British.

They were at a hearing of the US House of Representatives’ foreign affairs committee called to review counter-terrorism ties with Pakistan in the light of the San Bernardino shootings. Tashfeen Malik and her husband Syed Rizwan Farook, both of Pakistani origin, shot and killed 14 people in the attack.

“I doubt that anyone who follows Pakistan closely was surprised to learn that one of the San Bernardino attackers – Tashfeen Malik – studied at a Pakistani school spreading a particularly fundamentalist message,” committee chairman Ed Royce said in his opening remarks.

Announcing the hearing last week, the committee said it would look at US aid to Pakistan – $30 billion since September 11, 2001, according to a lawmaker.

Ted Poe, a Republican member of the House of Representatives, opposed the sale at the hearing, saying Pakistan had scrambled its F-16s after the Abbottabad raid.

A raid, Poe said, about which the US did not give Pakistan an advance warning as they would “snitch us off and Osama bin Laden would have left”.

“We need to be very concerned about providing armaments for Pakistan who seems to play all the sides,” he added.

Dana Rohrabacher, another Republican member of the House used Benedict Arnold to portray Pakistan as an untrustworthy ally completely undeserving of American aid.

“The clique that runs that country is treating us like suckers and they should,” he said, “because…we are giving people money who have continually involved themselves in acts harmful” to the US.

The lawmakers expressed concern about Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal, which is expected to become the world’s third largest by 2025, according to a recent study.

US lawmakers strongly oppose weapon sales to ‘snitch’ Pakistan | world | Hindustan Times

F16 dosnt cost 165 mill per copy.

Why do you think they bought EFT's???? They have heard the message loud and clear.

But the topic isn't about KSA, nor was one of the shooters radicalized there. That took place elsewhere. Who would you like to bring into the picture in the next post to divert the attention?
Actually, U dont know it seems. The woman was born n raised in Saudia Arabia. She later on came here for advance studies. The University where she studied had only one seat for foreign based Pakistanis n She got that. She was radicalized much before. Just 2-3 years in university arnt good enough to radicalize someone to this extent.

Plus how about her husband? He was radicalized man himself since quit some time. Born and raised in yr country, and according to his Hispanic friend, he had brought weapons from him in 2011 too to conduct shootings before.

So according to yr logic, her husband whom she had married in june 2014 had also been radicalized by her since then? In the same context She can also be radicalized by her husband too!

But then again u cant radicalize someone this fast to such an extent in just 1.5 years. Its better sometimes to use yr head too.

The whole policy of supporting Taliban was fundamentally wrong. If Pakistan Army and/or ISI knew where Bin Laden was living it was treason. Saudi Arabia-born Tashfeen Malik was radicalized in Saudi Arabia. American-born husband Syed Rizwan Farook attacked because he had arguments with anti-Muslim person in San Bernardino nothing directly relating to Pakistan. Syed Rizwan Farook graduated from California State University, San Bernardino does that mean that University must be suspect ? Tashfeen Malik studied at Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan on the seat reserved for Overseas Pakistanis and she rarely interacted with the University staff and other students. If you want to blame Bahauddin Zakariya University than equally blame California State University.

Correction Tashfeen Malik was born in Pakistan and radicalized in Pakistan, at Al-huda seminary in Multan, where she enrolled in Quranic studies.

Im a follower of Musharaf myself, these r from his interviews, where he actually said that after the soviat invasion of Afghanistan we felt threaten and from there on we along with american cia cultivated them. Then after the American invasion we again used our older links to counter the indian influence there because americans were under an obligation not to allow indians a space there which can be used against us when signing the deal for NATO supplies n logistics with us.

We were left with no choice but to counter their influence. thats the gist of these two posts that yr sharing. And since i follow his interviews and himself i have seen him saying this and has even clarified that guardian claim that '' while he was interviewed by them he said that they had cultivated taliban'' as reported by the sources u shared.

below is the interview where he explained all this to a indian news channel.

Now as far as im aware of, yr asking about Haqani network. Which is a fraction of afghan taliban. What concrete proof do u yourself have about us supporting them?

I can read, do research or I should say I'm free to without having to be present at the ceremony. Are you not allowed to in pakistan? Do pakistani only speak to history they have been present to witness? All you have to search in Google is the term when was the taliban created.

Here your very own general says it too. ISI cultivated Taliban to counter Indian action against Pakistan: Musharraf - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Being a part of a resistance does not make those sitting in the image shown as Taliban. The image says the were Taliban. That claim is false. The taliban ideology was quite different than the Afghan resistance.

I Think everyone out there taking the responsibility of Taliban, not only ours but yours too.

Im a follower of Musharaf myself, these r from his interviews, where he actually said that after the soviat invasion of Afghanistan we felt threaten and from there on we along with american cia cultivated them. Then after the American invasion we again used our older links to counter the indian influence there because americans were under an obligation not to allow indians a space there which can be used against us when signing the deal for NATO supplies n logistics with us.

We were left with no choice but to counter their influence. thats the gist of these two posts that yr sharing. And since i follow his interviews and himself i have seen him saying this and has even clarified that guardian claim that '' while he was interviewed by them he said that they had cultivated taliban'' as reported by the sources u shared.

below is the interview where he explained all this to a indian news channel.

Now as far as im aware of, yr asking about Haqani network. Which is a fraction of afghan taliban. What concrete proof do u yourself have about us supporting them?

So you agree you use terrorism as tactic against other nations and as Musharraf confessed.. Good.

You always left with a choice, and that choice was to not be supportive of terrorists. Repercussions of not doing so resulted in an implosion into Pakistan. All of this got you what?- Notoriety as a terrorist supporting nation, and you lost on both objectives! ( Afghan and Kashmir)

We have heard for years repeatedly high ranking US officials blaming Pakistan for supporting Haqqani network.

US can prove Pakistan’s ties with Haqqanis - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
US slams Pakistan for 'supporting' Haqqani - Al Jazeera English
US finds action against Haqqani network inadequate - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
U.S. says Pakistan's ISI supported Kabul embassy attack| Reuters
Pakistan backed attacks on American targets, U.S. says - The Washington Post
U.S. Threatens to Withhold Pakistan Aid - WSJ

I Think everyone out there taking the responsibility of Taliban, not only ours but yours too.

LOL seems you don't understand American nuance or the language. She is talking about Afghan Mujahideen we created and some of these radical islamist got in there too. She speaking of radical Islam and how we should have be aware f it. You forget USSR was at your door step- you wanted us to help and fund the resistance too.

But for you it is never the muslims who do this, NO NO- infact per you- you are a bunch of such weak minded people where if with america tells you to kill - you will. This why Trump says we need to be wary of muslims like you. Always with the excuse making and blaming on others

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom