What's new

US lawmakers move bill to designate Pakistan as a terrorist state

Well, 70 years and counting .......

As long as the proverbial can is kicked down the road, it can be called a success.

so, what we saw last 70 years is you actually managing the cosequences with great competence......

(it's a rhetorical question so that I can laugh hysterically after you say yes)

so, what we saw last 70 years is you actually managing the cosequences with great competence......

(it's a rhetorical question so that I can laugh hysterically after you say yes)

Competence is a relative term here. The important point to note is that the consequences have been handled, perhaps not ideally, but handled nonetheless. And continuing.

yeah dude, whatever version works for you is just fine. The way I remember it, we used Gary Pressler to **** you out of the deal (and then rewarded him with a seat in the board of Infosys). We then gave you soya bean for the money you paid for F 16. Which was not bad, I mean it's better for the overall health of Pak people.

Which ever way the money was returned it was returned but on top of that those F-16s did finally come to Pakistan. lol
In the end we got both the soya beans and the F-16s.

yeah dude, whatever version works for you is just fine. The way I remember it, we used Gary Pressler to **** you out of the deal (and then rewarded him with a seat in the board of Infosys). We then gave you soya bean for the money you paid for F 16. Which was not bad, I mean it's better for the overall health of Pak people.
Keep believing you're more important that you are, it doesn't really matter to Pakistan.

H.R. 6069: Pakistan State Sponsor of Terrorism Designation Act
Cosponsors
1 cosponsors (1R)
Rohrabacher, Dana [R-CA48] (joined Sep 20, 2016)
Committee Assignments
House Foreign Affairs
Committee chairs determine whether a bill will move past the committee stage.

Votes
There have been no roll call votes related to this bill.

H.R. 3013 (112th): Pakistan Accountability Act
Introduced:
Sep 22, 2011
112th Congress, 2011–2013

Died in a previous Congress
This bill was introduced on September 22, 2011, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

Sponsor:

Ted Poe

H.R. 1253 (113th): Sequester Pakistan Act
Introduced:
Mar 19, 2013
113th Congress, 2013–2015

This bill was introduced on March 19, 2013, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

Sponsor:

Ted Poe

Representative for Texas's 2nd congressional district

Republican

H.R. 1699 (112th): Pakistan Foreign Aid Accountability Act

Introduced:
May 3, 2011

This bill was introduced on May 3, 2011, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

Sponsor:

Ted Poe

H.R. 3013 (112th): Pakistan Accountability Act

Introduced:
Sep 22, 2011

This bill was introduced on September 22, 2011, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

Sponsor:

Ted Poe

Last edited:
If India is the only matter of interest for the United States, then perhaps such a bill will pass, however the reality is that the US-Pakistan relations are just as multi-faceted as those between US-India. The US is not willing to bail on Pakistan just yet given their own regional interests hanging in the balance in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom