What's new

US lawmakers call Pakistan 'terrorist state', 'schizophrenic ally'

and that is why they accused a innocent nation named pakistan ...great... why the world leaders only blame Pakistan...World doesn't revolve around India...by your logic everyone should side with CHina...isn't it ?

Indeed, it doesn't revolve around India, another example is support for Israel against the Palestinians.
Support for revolutionaries in Libya but quiet on Bahrain.

The 7th largest Army also has limits. It's about 500,000 people to cover a huge expanse.
Nuclear weapons are a deterrent, they don't guard your borders, don't stop an enemy advance and don't stop border crossers.

So then why don't we call up the Reserves?

What do you mean we don't have the manpower? We have the 7th largest Military on the planet.

As for the Eastern Border, we don't need a massive presence, as we have Nuclear Weapons should India try anything. And then again, why would India start a war with Pakistan?

And for Swat, we re-took Swat in 2009. We need to send our Military to North Waziristan and wipe out this menace once and for all.
You dont have economy to back your army..so your army become less effective...
Nuclear bombs are nullified since both country is having...we can not threaten to nuke each other.

It is impossible to wipe out terrorist....we are facing the same problem with maoists...hard to find them since they are among us

So then why don't we call up the Reserves?

Will require more military spending, as if our people are happy as it is with the prevailing military expenditures. The economy does not allow it.

@Nitin Goyal...
here's the email i received form the BBC some time back regarding the documentary.
Since then i got no reply, it's the first time ever, where I've not got a reply from them upon emailing them some criticism.

Thank you for contacting the BBC.

We will reply to your enquiry if we can but cannot promise to answer everyone individually so hope the following information is helpful:

Information about particular programmes and when they will be transmitted or repeated is available at BBC - Programmes (please note our schedules are only confirmed for 7 days in advance).

You can find more information using our search service at BBC - Homepage, and information about the BBC at BBC - About the BBC - Home.

If you asked about available BBC DVDs, books or other products please check with local or online retailers to see if they have been or will be commercially released.

For information about receiving TV or radio or dealing with interference issues, please visit BBC - Help receiving TV and radio.

Thank you for contacting us.

Best wishes

BBC Audience Services.

So a country is a terrorist state because it persecuted a man who informed an foreign agency so that they can perform an illegal raid on another country, instead of informing his own government? And then run a fake polio vaccination campaign in area that is severely affected by the disease?

ANY country in the world would have done they same thing because at the end of the say what Dr. Afridi did was treason. He's lucky he was tried by the tribal courts or else he would have been awarded death penalty.

America accuses Pakistan of being an untrustworthy ally but what does this raid make them?

now you are being funny..you wanted link..i provided it..i don't have their bank accounts...why don't you search for yourself and see from whose account the funds have been transfered???and are you kidding me??even on humanitarian reason funds are strictly prohibited..where did you get these funny ideas???

the problem with pakistan is in the face of clear evidence..they just mumble the same line..."Where is the evidence"..they just need eye check up.. :lol:

A link that provides no evidence isn't evidence at all kiddo.

Why even bother with you, you continue the way you are, you'll be banned or at least an infraction within a week.
I've seen it happen many times before.

:lol: don't forget you were the most beloved friend of the west for so many years...and still the most important non nato ally...

world run by facts and assertions .... not being living in denial....

Were

In case you haven't been following the news lately, things changed, drastically. Read the caption of this thread for a good idea of what's going on.

Oh really?

Pakistan is going through what Jordan went during the late 1960's and 1970. When every militart/revolutionary/terrorist group set up camp in Jordan.

When these guys started hijacking planes and conducting terrorist attacks from Jordanian soil. King Hussein had enough guts to wipe these guys out in Black September.

Unfortunately, no such competent leader exists in Pakistan to take such forceful action against these terrorists who have infested Pakistan.

If Jordan didn't take action in 1970, it would resemble Pakistan today.

That is all well and good except Jordan had a king who was worried about the fact that his country was being over run by Palestinians and I also believe at one point they outnumbered the Jordanians themselves he wasn't worried about his country becoming a terrorist hotspot he was worried about his own *** and having to be the minority in his own damn country. Unfortunately Pakistan doesn't have a King who would worry about his seat and instead we have a half bit democracy and back stage politics which prevent us from taking any action for our own self interests.

PS- Zia ul Haq helped lead the Jordanian army in their operations interesting fact lol

Were

In case you haven't been following the news lately, things changed, drastically. Read the caption of this thread for a good idea of what's going on.

come on...dear sir... the statement were given way back in 2010...before the OBL dead in pakistan....

I am Still unable to find out any link or source from pakistani member to substantiate their claims ? if pakistan is making serious progress against militants in pakistan why the heck world is turning against them ?

come on...dear sir... the statement were given way back in 2010...before the OBL dead in pakistan....

Indeed it was, however, things between the US and Pak have not exactly been rosy since Musharraf left office. The incessant "Do More" mantra and Drone attacks were a constant bone of contention long before the OBL raid.

The state has fought these people on all fronts and has achieved numerous successes against them. What more is expected of us?

Yes but you have been accused off being selective.

I am Still unable to find out any link or source from pakistani member to substantiate their claims ? if pakistan is making serious progress against militants in pakistan why the heck world is turning against them ?

Because our success has resulted in a drop in terrorist attacks here but has yielded no significant improvements across the Durand Line.

Back
Top Bottom