What's new

US, Japan thwart China’s bid to end arms embargo by EU: Report

The embargo is good for China. J-20 > any European aircraft ever made.
To be fair, I think Europeans are fully capable of making a fifth generation fighter. However, they do not have the political will.

A bit relieved actually. If the embargo was lifted and the French get their claws into Chinese military industry, there will be more money going down the toilet than during that French civilian nuclear deal.

By that time we truly won't need anything from those arrogant fools.

We can export similar tech that the Americans offer the world and severely undercut them with ours. This way they will have to lower theirs to the point where they will either make a lost or make peanuts from it. China can also export its military tech to nations whom they are not in friendly terms with, this will make the EU and co increase its security and military spending and further straining their economy. These are some of the possibilities. Realistically, however I don't think that will happen unless they really get on the nerves of China.

how dare you compare money spent on french things to money flushed down the toilet. money flushed down the toilet increases GDP for the janitors that must work overtime to remove it, money spent on french things is gone forever and for no reason.

It seems that the EU is keener to lift the ban than China.

Even if they lift it, it will have little or no effect on the Chinese arms industry due to the fact that we have indigenous systems and industries.

If the EU wanted to make money out of it, they should've lifted it 20 years ago.

To be fair, I think Europeans are fully capable of making a fifth generation fighter. However, they do not have the political will.

They did. Check out the BAe Taranis and the Dassault nEUron. Not sure which stage our Shenyang Darksword and Zhan Ying is in.

However, they're mainly involved in the F-35 program, which is why they don't have an indigenous program

Trust me, they do have the will, especially with Russia right on their landmass

there are still planty china needs to import to make it's defense systems better.

there are still planty china needs to import to make it's defense systems better.

It will all happen in due course. We are not worried about that at all. With disposable money to spend on R&D, man power and expertise, industry, determination as well as foreign inventions to innovate us, things can only get better. However things are less promissing for the EU. Has anyone seen what happened to Greece and Iceland? Has anyone seen what is happening to Ireland, Portugal and Spain? Even UK has to postphone or abandon projects and to share defensive duties with the French says a lot about their financial situations. Lets see what Americans can do to help its allies? competing against them in arms trade to further hamper their economy can only do damage in the long run. Lets see who gets hurt more from this embargo shall we? :cheers:

I just want the German CNC machine tools. Other things it does not matter.
If the increased level of overall industrial, Military technology will naturally increase.

Back
Top Bottom